• 257(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-03-31, 19:26)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 09:08)husseiniq Wrote: No History. When using this addon, any watched video will not be listed in the history. However, watched videos on youtube app or any browser on pc are listed in the history.
You can fix this yourself if you go your privacy options in this link and enable it.
https://aboutme.google.com/

If it doesn't work after that then you should logout and login again to YouTube.
If it still doesn't work recheck your settings.
Totally fixable by you and no one else here.

Do you mean under section 4. Personalise your Google experience > YouTube Search History ?

Mine is already enabled there (and always has been). I tried logging out and back in again, but no joy. I guess I could try a complete clean install, however my history used to work as I described earlier, so Im not convinced your fix is applicable (but I would be happy to be proved wrong and have it back working)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-03-31, 17:28)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 16:58)SlimTrigger Wrote: +1 on starting a new thread. At this point, it's a real challenge to determine where to go to obtain the most current instructions.

In the meantime, can anyone point me to what page contains the current instructions? TIA

The current instructions for what ?
Download the latest version and install from ZIP or wait until it's added to the repository.

That's exactly the point.
Where would that latest version be? Somewhere hidden in 256 pages of text, not in the first post like mostly everyone would expect.
And waiting until it's added to the repository really is not an answer.
(2016-03-31, 20:45)jmh2002 Wrote: Great, but just a note - my birthday is still set to Private and it still works.

To log out of a google account in android you go to settings > accounts (or similar). You will find google, and skype, and various things there.
Great, I can set it back, then.

I know where the accounts are on an android, but I expected to be always logged in to work, so I didn't thought I could be able to log out. Reboot seemed to work, so I didn't care about it Smile
(2016-03-31, 19:26)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 09:08)husseiniq Wrote: No History. When using this addon, any watched video will not be listed in the history. However, watched videos on youtube app or any browser on pc are listed in the history.
You can fix this yourself if you go your privacy options in this link and enable it.
https://aboutme.google.com/

If it doesn't work after that then you should logout and login again to YouTube.
If it still doesn't work recheck your settings.
Totally fixable by you and no one else here.

I tried what you suggested, but no luck.

By the way, I found this post,

(2015-09-24, 20:47)bromix Wrote:
(2015-09-24, 16:07)dkplayaclub Wrote: I love that you got history working, but I just realized that it is not tracking history of videos watched in the YouTube addon for Kodi.
It seems to track videos watched in my web browser and also in the official YouTube apps on my phone and tablets. Not sure why it isn't working in Kodi.
I use the method from YouTube TV (which is sometimes broken) because via official API the write access to the history is forbidden. A known bug for more than 2 years Sad I hate the YouTube API Big Grin

I try to figger something out (again, after my wedding)
If this addon uses (YouTube API v2.0 - Watch History), then it has been officially deprecated as of March 4, 2014.

YouTube API v2.0 - Watch History
https://developers.google.com/youtube/2....ch_history

Implementation and Migration: Playlists
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3.../playlists

Sample API Requests
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...e_requests
(2016-03-31, 20:54)Lycurgus Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 17:28)blueribb Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 16:58)SlimTrigger Wrote: +1 on starting a new thread. At this point, it's a real challenge to determine where to go to obtain the most current instructions.

In the meantime, can anyone point me to what page contains the current instructions? TIA

The current instructions for what ?
Download the latest version and install from ZIP or wait until it's added to the repository.

That's exactly the point.
Where would that latest version be? Somewhere hidden in 256 pages of text, not in the first post like mostly everyone would expect.
And waiting until it's added to the repository really is not an answer.

If you haven't been following the thread on a daily basis, you'd probably never find this, but any post from @jdf76 has a link to the latest version in the signature. The add-on is currently in @Kolifanes repo on github.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2016-03-31, 22:01)husseiniq Wrote: I tried what you suggested, but no luck.
You've been using Kodi long before I even heard of it. How is it that your issues cannot be resolved on your own?
(2016-03-31, 20:50)jmh2002 Wrote: Do you mean under section 4. Personalise your Google experience > YouTube Search History ?
Mine is already enabled there (and always has been). I tried logging out and back in again, but no joy. I guess I could try a complete clean install, however my history used to work as I described earlier, so Im not convinced your fix is applicable (but I would be happy to be proved wrong and have it back working)

Yes. Maybe do a complete clean install.
I've completely corrupted and reinstalled Kodi so many times that it's second nature by now to blow away any crap that breaks my viewing experience and start over fresh.
So, in general is everyone else's history working correctly as Spider suggests?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Can you read my posts or what is wrong?

I cant see the history too and like I said, with the youtube API you dont have any chance to get the viewed Video in the history.
Actually that is the plan, but i need a good idea what the existing issues are before i start a new thread. Once i have this started i will start a new one.

Jeff

(2016-03-31, 12:01)Lycurgus Wrote: Hi guys.

Just a friendly suggestion, but given that support and development has been picked up by a different user, is it maybe better to start a new thread?
Right now if someone searches for youtube+kodi on a searchengine, this thread comes up. But there's no way of knowing where to start looking for support for the new version. Also he has to go through some 250 pages before finding out where the new version is located.

That wouldn't be an issue with a new thread. Further on, we can ask the OP of this thread to edit his first post and add a link to the new thread.
(2016-03-31, 09:55)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: @jdf76 I would join you and try to help, sadly I have no idea how to create an addon / zip-file for KODI. Everytime it told me that the ZIP-File had a bad structure. It could not read the changelog.txt ... Maybe if you could help me to understand, I can try to help you to fix some problems Smile Python is new for me but I've knowings in C#, HTML, Javascript and I'm always open minded

Honestly, if you want to give it a shot i don't have a problem with it. Once the final list is set, We can group up and figure it out from there.

Jeff
1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)
2. Age restriction blocks people from watching the Video.
3. Adding channels to "favorites" doesn't auto-update
4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date
5. Incorrect information on addon listing. Grammar or Spelling incorrect.
6. Issue with sorting on "My Subscriptions"
7. Possible issue with History. Watched Videos here are not added to your history. *Must be verified*

Cut off of this list is tonight at Midnight.
(2016-04-01, 09:02)jmh2002 Wrote: So, in general is everyone else's history working correctly as Spider suggests?

I'm experiencing the same as user "husseiniq" initially described and also what you later on confirmed.
Essentially that everything I watch on my browser (Firefox) or iOS YouTube app will show up in the Kodi YouTube add-on history. But nothing I watch within the add-on itself shows up in the history.
^^^ Can more people double check this, and the various google settings mentioned so that we have a consensus please?
  • 257(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20