• 12(current)
Feature Requests
(2016-04-01, 20:13)Loc2262 Wrote: Could you please make list entries that get abbreviated with ellipses ("...") (because they do not fit in the line) scroll after they're selected for 1-2 seconds? I don't see a way right now e.g. in my TV recordings to see the full filename. Thanks! Smile

Could you please post a screenshot so that I know exactly where to look?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-04-01, 02:09)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 23:19)BobCratchett Wrote: A request to make the list view available more generally, rather than only for Movies, Sets, TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes as presently.

Specifically I'm thinking of the Library Node Editor which doesn't suit the Icon Wall view - the only one available to it at present. Without either incorrectly setting the content to force additional views or re-working the entire script with its own windows, its ease of use is diminished without the List view. Screenshots showing the script in both Icon Wall and List views.

Thanks for considering Smile

Not decided yet. For now you can set content type to "files". That should give you a list viewtype.

Cheers, Phil. As you're aware, setting the content to 'files' enables the Wide List view, which I'm very happy with as a solution for Kodi Krypton as regards the script.

I'll add a couple of notes, if you don't mind, in the hopes that you consider them when next discussing this internally:-

(1) By my understanding of 'Files', by setting the content as such we're still incorrectly setting the content that the plugin returns (I appreciate this is probably a case of semantics.)

(2) The list view I took a screenshot of doesn't expect any icon, or any additional information (for the box underneath the icon). It makes it ideal for use as a more 'generic' view - especially one where where both the label and label2 are important, as is the order of the items. Whereas the view that setting the contents to 'File' enables expects both a specific icon and additional information. I still thinks there's a good argument to be made for a generic, simpler, more obviously ordered view.

Again, though, thanks for the hint on the 'Files' content Smile
(2016-04-01, 21:34)phil65 Wrote: Could you please post a screenshot so that I know exactly where to look?

Yep sure, here you go: http://uploadpie.com/15nyr

I'm talking specifically about TV recordings now (I'm using the pvr.hts plugin). I just noticed that e.g. in Youtube the lines do scroll now, which is great; I seem to recall that this was not always the case. But they definitely don't scroll at this time in the list of TV recordings.
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
(2016-04-01, 23:58)BobCratchett Wrote: (1) By my understanding of 'Files', by setting the content as such we're still incorrectly setting the content that the plugin returns (I appreciate this is probably a case of semantics.)
I would also argue it is a case of semantics. imo two content types would make somehow sense here: the empty one ("") and "files". I think an empty content type is appropriate for "categories" (small short labels, with an icon optionally). The node editor wouldnt really fit into that definition, it´s probably closer to a folder-and-file structure, so "files" is not that far-fetched. All a matter of definition Smile (which reminds me that there probably should be some kind of guide to choose a suiting content type)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2016-04-02, 00:03)Loc2262 Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 21:34)phil65 Wrote: Could you please post a screenshot so that I know exactly where to look?

Yep sure, here you go: http://uploadpie.com/15nyr

I'm talking specifically about TV recordings now (I'm using the pvr.hts plugin). I just noticed that e.g. in Youtube the lines do scroll now, which is great; I seem to recall that this was not always the case. But they definitely don't scroll at this time in the list of TV recordings.
Thx, fixed for next sync.
Thanks a bunch @phil65!

A quick question, and I'm quite positive I misunderstood something there: You're talking about setting the content type of a folder to "files" to enable additional list types... Where exactly do you do this? I was under the impression that the only content types are "movies, TV shows, music videos or none". At least that's what the "Set content" menu shows me. Smile
Kind regards, Frank

NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
Complete list:

Container.Content()
Container.Content(tags)
Container.Content(years)
Container.Content(genres)
Container.Content(countries)
Container.Content(studios)
Container.Content(playlists)
Container.Content(movies)
Container.Content(sets)
Container.Content(tvshows)
Container.Content(seasons)
Container.Content(artists)
Container.Content(albums)
Container.Content(songs)
Container.Content(addons)
Container.Content(actors)
Container.Content(directors)
Container.Content(files)
Container.Content(musicvideos)
Container.Content(mixed)
Container.Content(images)
Container.Content(unknown)

This only matters for add-on authors though, not for the end-user.
Hey! I got another request.

In Confluence, you can have a little popup appear in the top left corner that shows the current play time and nothing else. In the addon "Keymap Editor", the function is under "Navigation" and called "Show current play time".

This popup does not work in Estuary. Could you add it please?
Kind regards, Frank

can we get a violet theme Smile

(2016-04-03, 03:42)mazey Wrote: can we get a violet theme Smile

Sure.

Btw, after https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9533 creating themes became even easier:
needed steps:
1) create a duplicate of colors/defaults.xml and rename it (this is the name of the color theme)
2) open it and adjust button_focus hex value to your likings (that one defines the coloring of buttons etc)
3) add a background in extras/backgrounds with name of your theme (COLORTHEME_NAME.jpg)
4) Profit.
nice thank you, because i was thinking we got blue, we got pink, violet is in between Smile its a good compromise for a mixed house of boys and girls. and it looks really cool too. Smile
Could you add the "new / partly watched / completed" icons in the TV recordings list please? In their place, the channel logos currently appear.

Screenshot (the same that I posted before): http://uploadpie.com/Z8Es7
Kind regards, Frank

Looks to me like an improvement over Confluence. I haven't read the entire thread, but here is my list based on watching the video:

Home menu customization

Play random episodes of a particular TV show (not any random episode ever, just get a random episode of Community or something)

Random movies/episodes of playlists or filters. For instance, filter by imdb rating, then get a list of random movies from the list.

Sort by box office or rotten tomatoes scores.

One thing I like about confluence is that it's very easy to get to the power option. The placement on this looks a little more difficult.
(2016-03-08, 18:50)Splike Wrote: I'd like to request a view from Confluence, which is called "Thumbnails".
The view in Estuary, which mostly resembles this, is the "Wall" view, but it doesn't quite live up to the thumbnails view.
What I'm missing from wall view:
- Only 5 movies in a row. The wall view has 6 movies, which is too much to quickly get an overview on the movies currently on screen.
- Persistent movie titles. Wall view only shows the movie title of a movie, if you hover over it with the mouse or have it selected. Persistent titles is good, because you can quickly see the title of all movies on the screen, without having to read the cover art (Which can be difficult sometimes)

I've made a mockup of how it would look.

I've only just tried Estuary so sorry for bringing up an item from earlier in the thread now but..

This is 1 of only 2 things that currently prevents me using this Skin which I think otherwise is awesome! I overall like everything about it, great job on a modern clean interface,

Persistent Movie Titles: I really hate how the title only shows when the movie is selected.. if you have anything in your folder that doesn't have a poster there is no way to know what it is! Some posters are fairly obscure too, I'd love to have the name below the poster (like in Splike's mockup).

Side Pop-outs: Not sure what these are called, but the little additional info that pops out of the side of a selected movie (Year, Rating) makes browsing by pages very odd as 1 icon is always miss-aligned with the rest of the 'grid'.

I'm guessing others like these features as they are, maybe there could be a setting?
yeah those side popouts is the reason i dont use wall view lol if it showed the info inside the poster that would be ok though. Smile like on the homescreen.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3