• 6(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-03-31, 15:07)dukester Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 11:25)ArieS Wrote: Just a quick update (I know you guys were holding your breath Big Grin) on my NUC issue... I figured out what the problem was. Turns out I had to set the HDMI Input display as PC Mode rather than Video on my Plasma TV. After doing that I was able to see the boot screen and enter the BIOS... One headache solved lol.

good to hear. It kinda sucked to hear it showed up DOA

Did you have to modify madnox to get it running on kodi 17? +1

The worst thing about receiving a DOA device is not that the device is DOA,but the return and wait time to get an exchange.No
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-31, 15:30)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 15:07)dukester Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 11:25)ArieS Wrote: Just a quick update (I know you guys were holding your breath Big Grin) on my NUC issue... I figured out what the problem was. Turns out I had to set the HDMI Input display as PC Mode rather than Video on my Plasma TV. After doing that I was able to see the boot screen and enter the BIOS... One headache solved lol.

good to hear. It kinda sucked to hear it showed up DOA

The worst thing about receiving a DOA device is not that the device is DOA,but the return and wait time to get an exchange.No
Yeah, it would have sucked to have to wait like another 2-3 weeks to get a new one.

For Madnox, it looks like we can't use it with this version of Krypton Sad
I added a Madnox folder in the addons folder but when I want to change skin, it isn't offered in the options.
Afedchin would have to answer that, but I'm wondering if it's a Windows Krypton issue at this point or if it's a limitation of the current Windows MVC build we are using right now.
I know I was able to use Madnox on the Krypton nightlies for the Pi2 (it was pretty sluggish due to hardware limitations, of course).
I really hope we'll get to use Madnox soon Sad
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-03-31, 20:21)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 15:30)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 15:07)dukester Wrote: good to hear. It kinda sucked to hear it showed up DOA

Yeah, it would have sucked to have to wait like another 2-3 weeks to get a new one.

I added a Madnox folder in the addons folder but when I want to change skin, it isn't offered in the options.
Afedchin would have to answer that, but I'm wondering if it's a Windows Krypton issue at this point or if it's a limitation of the current Windows MVC build we are using right now.
I know I was able to use Madnox on the Krypton nightlies for the Pi2 (it was pretty sluggish due to hardware limitations, of course).

There must be some recent add on system rework going on or something as addon management is missing? You can find Madnox(and other manually installed addons) by menu digging and enabling it which makes it selectable. But it only switches for a quick second before switching back to stock skin.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-03-31, 20:37)dukester Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 20:21)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 15:30)movie78 Wrote: The worst thing about receiving a DOA device is not that the device is DOA,but the return and wait time to get an exchange.No

There must be some recent add on system rework going on or something as addon management is missing? You can find Madnox(and other manually installed addons) by menu digging and enabling it which makes it selectable. But it only switches for a quick second before switching back to stock skin.

I think the Skin needs to be updated to support Kodi 17, I am using a custom version of Aeon MQ6, got most it working, but still missing some key features.

It is always like this when there a new version of Kodi, only a few skins manage to support it out of the gate.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-03-31, 20:53)movie78 Wrote: I think the Skin needs to be updated to support Kodi 17, I am using a custom version of Aeon MQ6, got most it working, but still missing some key features.

It is always like this when there a new version of Kodi, only a few skins manage to support it out of the gate.
Sure, some functions will/would not work but here, you can't even select the skin.
(2016-03-31, 20:37)dukester Wrote: There must be some recent add on system rework going on or something as addon management is missing? You can find Madnox(and other manually installed addons) by menu digging and enabling it which makes it selectable. But it only switches for a quick second before switching back to stock skin.
Yeah and I really hope it will be fixed soon Sad
(2016-03-31, 21:25)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 20:37)dukester Wrote: There must be some recent add on system rework going on or something as addon management is missing? You can find Madnox(and other manually installed addons) by menu digging and enabling it which makes it selectable. But it only switches for a quick second before switching back to stock skin.
Yeah and I really hope it will be fixed soon Sad

Eminence has a Krypton working mod, but im just going to wait it out here for a bit myself.

for people wondering where to look
System > Addons > Manage Dependancies > .. > My Addons > Look and Feel > Skins >

it doesn't fix the fact the skin is still incompatible currently.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-03-31, 01:39)hdmkv Wrote: I was using FLIRC w/my NUC, but just added NUC N2820 via Logitech Harmony's software and it works just as well w/Kodi...

How do I add context and overlay (codecinfo) functions? Those two are all I'm missing.

For context menu, you don't need to do anything different - just long press the OK button on the option you want the context menu to come up on and it just works (don't need to add "c" function to any key)

PS you can add NUC D34010WYK to the list of working NUCs on the OP.
Thanks @woronczak, and your working NUC added to post #1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
New Update from @afedchin

April 1 build
Won't have time to test until after Tuesday, but just got these...

My Family Room Theater
Hi, anyone know the zappiti player 4k? A big cinema dealer here in germany have this player and he speaks very good about that device?!

My nuc6i3 is now installed and ready for testing but i'm very busy at the moment. Give me a few days ;-)
(2016-04-01, 23:44)DeejayT Wrote: Hi, anyone know the zappiti player 4k? A big cinema dealer here in germany have this player and he speaks very good about that device?!

My nuc6i3 is now installed and ready for testing but i'm very busy at the moment. Give me a few days ;-)

I have no personal experience but hdmkv does say this about it in the following post:

Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

hdmkv Wrote:Don't waste your time or money on VidOn Box (Allwinner A31s), Open Hour Chameleon (Rockchip RK3288), Open Hour Gecko (HiSilicon Hi3798C) (stick instead to HiMedia w/same chip), Zappiti 4K series/Bluetimes RTD 1195/Eweat EW902 (all Realtek RTD1195-based), and finally Xtreamer Prodigy 4K/Zidoo X9/Egreat A9 (all Mstar9180-based).
Yep, Zappiti 4K is based on the lacking Realtek 1195 SoC, already outdated. If you like the Zappiti movie/TV manager (vs. Kodi), you might want to look into the new Dune HD SOLO 4K. But, it's only real draw is BD menu support. In any case, once you get used to Kodi, there isn't any going back... not w/o sacrifice anyway.
My Family Room Theater
So for now.. whats the cheapest box to get for succesful running?.
a nuc or perhaps only a motherboard + intel processor?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10