• 9(current)
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver
(2015-11-05, 01:21)teredactle Wrote: 1.The new version, do we need to download and manually install, or will checking for updates in Kodi pull it automatically?

Download manually from my link. I am not yet familiar with pushing and git.

(2015-11-05, 01:21)teredactle Wrote: 2.Is the SMB process differently than the "Picture Slideshow Screensaver" addon? This works fine for me on FTV (well also on OE actually), but the Multi Slideshow (0.1.0) gives me the problems.

Probably, I will contact Ronnie and ask him some questions.

Ex
(2015-11-04, 23:21)ex_directory Wrote: OK, every day is a learning day...

Samba (the linux implementation of SMB) apparently has some high protocol overhead, so trying to access 6000 files was then very slow.

NFS is better, I just posted over in the support thread with some more details.

To use NFS, I enabled it on the NAS and then changed settings as follows:
Code:
<setting id="image_path" value="nfs://192.168.1.1/volume1/Photo/" />

Worked first time except the synology stores thumbnails so I tweaked the script to ignore "@eaDir" files/folders.

Time to load 6000 images as follows:

SMB (Windows7, 15.1, wireless 802.11n) : 2.4s
Samba (AFTV, 14.2, wireless 2.4GHz): 31.21s
NFS (Without @eaDir fix, 14.2, wireless 2.4GHz): 93.78s
NFS (With @eaDir fix, 14.2, wireless 2.4GHz): 4.59s

I will post an updated screensaver again soon when I add some other useful features.

Hi, thanks for your help on this addon but how did you do that ?

Best regards.
(2015-11-17, 20:51)iskonje Wrote: Hi, thanks for your help on this addon but how did you do that ?
Best regards.

I specifically wrote some python code to ignore them. It is not configurable.
Any clue why I can't pick an smb file share for my source folder
I get this error trying to use my kodi picture library which points to a picture share on my windows server(SMB).

07:36:19 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverActivated Data: null
456.07:36:19 T:1587534128 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
457. - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
458. Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
459. Error Contents: No module named simplejson
460. Traceback (most recent call last):
461. File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py", line 30, in <module>
462. import simplejson as json
463. ImportError: No module named simplejson
464. -->End of Python script error report<--
465.07:36:24 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverDeactivated Data: {"shuttingdown":false}
466.07:37:25 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverActivated Data: null
467.07:37:25 T:1561323824 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
468. - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
469. Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
470. Error Contents: No module named simplejson
471. Traceback (most recent call last):
472. File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py", line 30, in <module>
473. import simplejson as json
474. ImportError: No module named simplejson
475. -->End of Python script error report<--
476.07:37:34 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverDeactivated Data: {"shuttingdown":false}

Any thoughts?

Oh this is on a Nvidia Shield TV.
I'm guessing this addon is broken since no one is responding to the errors it is throwing off.
Hello there,

I am writing here because after combing the net for the last couple of hours i cant seem to find an answer to my problem.

First of all, love this screensaver, its an awesome idea, so big love to those who spend their personal time making stuff that other can enjoy.

But enough kiss-ass.

The issues i am having are as follows:

1. The screensaver runs but it will tend to stutter fairly regularly through its animations. Which is a shame, because it takes away from the polished look of the desired effect.

2. If i launch something via a different add-on (eg. rom collection browser), then after i am done with that item for example done playing a game and it comes back to kodi, once i exit to the menu screen, i get the screensaver loading icon immediately, and if i dont press cancel/back like a madman, than it will launch the screensaver lickety split, and then after about 10 second of animation once the last image has transitioned, it will go black and kodi will freeze.

My setup is a HTPC, pretty maxed out (i7-6700 CPU, 16GB DDR4 ram, GTX970 GPU) so i would not think that the demands of this screensaver are something that would place a heavy load on my system to the point that there would be any lag that is hardware related.
The only issue i can think of is that i have the image source pointed at directory of photos from last year (a whole years worth of photos) and maybe the fact that the folder (with its sub folders, sub-sub folder, and images) is heavy enough that this is causing an issue. of course this is just a guess, because i have no idea.. but as a reference, i originally pointed had the image source pointing to the complete photos folder (with year folder, and then the previous mentioned structure of sub & and sub-sub etc), and when it was like this, the screensaver would starts with the little loading animation (circle-y thing), but it would only show this, and the images would not load.

So I have 3 questions:
1. If my assumptions are wrong, and its a setup problem or something, does anyone know of a solution to make it run smooth?
2. If my assumptions about folder load being too much are correct, then would anyone know of a way that I could point the image source at the global photos folder, but have the program randomly (at the beginning of screensaver startup only) choose a single (smaller) sub-sub folder to load images for the screensaver for that particullar run? So of course everytime the screensaver fired up it would display a different set of images.
3. Is this screen saver able to (or can it be altered to) have multiple sources assigned to it, that it would choose from randomly at each start up instance?

Sorry for the longish post, but like i said: cant find a similar thread, so hopefully with detail, if we get a solution, someone in the future will have an easy time of finding the answer they need. (I hope)

Thank you in advance.

tommi

p.s. i forgot to mention that i trying to have this run with the apple-tv like setting. with the updated the version, apple-tv like screensaver goes nuts, with images distorted to be too big and stretched and frozen on various areas of the screen.
(2016-04-04, 20:24)rcrh Wrote: I'm guessing this addon is broken since no one is responding to the errors it is throwing off.

Hi rcrh,

I think sphere has stopped the support for the screensaver (Not 100% certain however).

If it helps, a long time ago I asked sphere if I could re-use some of his code (obviuously altered for my own uses) in one of my addons.

This means that a lot of very similar behaviour is available in the TvTunesScreensaver. Although the name does hint at TvTunes integration - that is only part of it's behaviour. By selecting "Image Source: Folder" in the settings, you can use it for just images.

Just in case this helps people having issues.

If you have any questions or issues with TvTunesScreensaver please make sure you post them on the TvTunesScreensaver thread. (And not on this thread).

Thanks
Rob
(2016-03-27, 20:55)browned Wrote: I get this error trying to use my kodi picture library which points to a picture share on my windows server(SMB).

07:36:19 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverActivated Data: null
456.07:36:19 T:1587534128 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
457. - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
458. Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
459. Error Contents: No module named simplejson
460. Traceback (most recent call last):
461. File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py", line 30, in <module>
462. import simplejson as json
463. ImportError: No module named simplejson
464. -->End of Python script error report<--
465.07:36:24 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverDeactivated Data: {"shuttingdown":false}
466.07:37:25 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverActivated Data: null
467.07:37:25 T:1561323824 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
468. - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
469. Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
470. Error Contents: No module named simplejson
471. Traceback (most recent call last):
472. File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py", line 30, in <module>
473. import simplejson as json
474. ImportError: No module named simplejson
475. -->End of Python script error report<--
476.07:37:34 T:1441560880 NOTICE: EMBY KodiMonitor -> Method: GUI.OnScreensaverDeactivated Data: {"shuttingdown":false}

Any thoughts?

Oh this is on a Nvidia Shield TV.

I'm also getting this error in Jarvis 16.1 running on an Android box with Android 4,4. However, this screensaver works fine on a Linux 14.04 LTS box running Helix 14.1. I suspect either Jarvis or Android is causing this screensaver to fail. Has anyone gotten this to work in Jarvis?
does the windows media center screensaver also come in soon? would be lovely

also an question: tabledrop, some pictures are coming up side down. please any advise
Hi All,

For anyone getting the error reported by patpend and browned you should be able to solve this by getting the simplejson module.

If you can't get that directly, try installing "TvTunes Screensaver" as that also requires it and will pull in the dependency for you. At that point "Multi Slideshow Screensaver" should start working again.

Thanks
Rob
I had issue with MSS, here is log:

Quote:10:19:26 T:9840 NOTICE: Multi Slideshow Screensaver: preloading image: 'D:\\_WORK\\slike moje do 2005\\DRUGI DELI\xc4\x86\\PB191366.JPG'
10:19:26 T:9840 NOTICE: Multi Slideshow Screensaver: preloading done
10:19:28 T:9840 NOTICE: Multi Slideshow Screensaver: using image: 'D:\\_WORK\\slike moje do 2005\\DRUGI DELI\xc4\x86\\PB191366.JPG'
10:19:28 T:9840 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 68: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\lanik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.multi_slideshow\screensaver.py", line 663, in <module>
screensaver.start_loop()
File "C:\Users\lanik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.multi_slideshow\screensaver.py", line 173, in start_loop
self.process_image(image_control, image_url)
File "C:\Users\lanik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.multi_slideshow\screensaver.py", line 398, in process_image
imgwidth, imgheight = self.get_image_info(image_url)
File "C:\Users\lanik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.multi_slideshow\screensaver.py", line 318, in get_image_info
self.log('get_image_info trying to open ' + fname)
File "C:\Users\lanik\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.screensaver.multi_slideshow\screensaver.py", line 315, in log
xbmc.log(u'%s: %s' % (ADDON_NAME, msg))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc4 in position 68: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

I think the problem is cp1250 letter in D:\\_WORK\\slike moje do 2005\\DRUGI DELI\xc4\x86\\PB191366.JPG' -more specifically \xc4 (that is ć)

Thanx for looking into this!

D.
Hi, enjoying the screensaver but having an issue with portrait photos with the AppleTV mode. I’ve tried the black bar compensation setting but this does not fix the issue. Any more help would be great.
Rod
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver2