• 5(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2016-04-04, 19:15)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: Not sure if this should be tried to be fixed.
So you believe the only proper way to sort by date is "default" sort, and selecting "sort by date" should sort completely out of order? And also, that the sorting should simply break on later pages. Is that what you're saying?

My feeling is that the "default" sort is probably how YouTube sends the data with no manipulation. YouTube simply sends it in reverse chronological order. The sorting in the addon is completely broken, so if you choose anything other than default, it goes crazy. But that's just my guess, I didn't look at the code. I just know it's broken.
I hate to ask this now, but can anyone else tell me if they have a sorting issue?

I apologize for not clarifying this earlier. I know i don't have the issue, when i select on my subscriptions it show it in the proper order, but i'm not counting it out.

Lets be smart about this.

My stats are this: OS X El Capitan 10.11.4, Kodi 16, Xonfluence skin.

Tell me you specs, if you run windows what version of windows, kodi version what, what skin are you running.

This may not be fixed for you right away but i definitely will dig into it just please be patient with me as i'm then new guy! Smile

Thank you!
Jeff

(2016-04-04, 23:18)rodalpho Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 19:15)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: Not sure if this should be tried to be fixed.
So you believe the only proper way to sort by date is "default" sort, and selecting "sort by date" should sort completely out of order? And also, that the sorting should simply break on later pages. Is that what you're saying?

My feeling is that the "default" sort is probably how YouTube sends the data with no manipulation. YouTube simply sends it in reverse chronological order. The sorting in the addon is completely broken, so if you choose anything other than default, it goes crazy. But that's just my guess, I didn't look at the code. I just know it's broken.
Thanks a lot for working on this and keeping it alive.
I can not imagine my Kodi without a YouTube addon.

I am sure this must have been discussed before, but is it possible to watch the youtube videos in 1080p (whenever available) using kodi youtube addon?
I see that, although being available in 1080p on the youtube app or chrome, it does not play in 1080p. The max resolution I can get is 720p.

I have the minix android TV box with Kodi 16 and the latest Youtube addon. My TV supports upto 1080p resolution.

V
I hate to say this but this new version 5.1.20.7 is defective. After you sign in with the double verification, It's missing:

Sign in

My channel

Watch Later

Liked Videos

History

I verified this on a Nexus Player and Raspberry Pi 2.
Reverted back to 5.1.20.5 and no folders are missing.
Repeated the process by upgrading and the folders were missing again.
Went back down to 5.1.20.5 and the folders are back.

(2016-04-04, 22:55)jdf76 Wrote: a big thank you goes to Misty01,twilight0 and the other individuals for our first Pre-Release under the new thread/mgmt. I apologized for whose named i missed.

I will be making a new repo here in the next couple of days (tonight or tomorrow or weds as time permits).

for now please grab it from

Here

As always check my sig for the new release and check the first post for the updates.

Thank you for all those who have stayed with us, and plan to be with us for the long haul.

Thanks
Jeff
Yes, it's on the list of things to do.

There isn't a time line at the moment.

Jeff

(2016-04-05, 00:55)vab.patel Wrote: Thanks a lot for working on this and keeping it alive.
I can not imagine my Kodi without a YouTube addon.

I am sure this must have been discussed before, but is it possible to watch the youtube videos in 1080p (whenever available) using kodi youtube addon?
I see that, although being available in 1080p on the youtube app or chrome, it does not play in 1080p. The max resolution I can get is 720p.

I have the minix android TV box with Kodi 16 and the latest Youtube addon. My TV supports upto 1080p resolution.

V
ok I'll look into it and see what i find, I have a feeling i know what it is.

Jeff

(2016-04-05, 01:15)*Spider* Wrote: I hate to say this but this new version 5.1.20.7 is defective. After you sign in with the double verification, It's missing:

Sign in

My channel

Watch Later

Liked Videos

History

(2016-04-04, 22:55)jdf76 Wrote: a big thank you goes to Misty01,twilight0 and the other individuals for our first Pre-Release under the new thread/mgmt. I apologized for whose named i missed.

I will be making a new repo here in the next couple of days (tonight or tomorrow or weds as time permits).

for now please grab it from

Here

As always check my sig for the new release and check the first post for the updates.

Thank you for all those who have stayed with us, and plan to be with us for the long haul.

Thanks
Jeff
Ok, it's the API key pool that was set up. I need to setup my own pool. I changed the main page, and i'm going to remove the zip file for the plugin. I apologize prefusely. This is a part of the teething with being the new guy.

My apologies to everyone.

Thank you,
Jeff

(2016-04-05, 01:15)*Spider* Wrote: I hate to say this but this new version 5.1.20.7 is defective. After you sign in with the double verification, It's missing:

Sign in

My channel

Watch Later

Liked Videos

History

(2016-04-02, 19:55)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 19:54)jmh2002 Wrote: THANKS jdf76, happy to be here in the new thread. I couldn't imagine my Kodi setup without the YouTube addon Nod

+1

Same here, but on OSMC on my RPI2

Ben
Sincere thanks to all those involved.
Works well for me on 16 rc2/Win 7 with my personal API & keys.
(2016-04-04, 23:24)jdf76 Wrote: I hate to ask this now, but can anyone else tell me if they have a sorting issue?

I apologize for not clarifying this earlier. I know i don't have the issue, when i select on my subscriptions it show it in the proper order, but i'm not counting it out.

Yes, I can confirm this sorting issue on my suscriptions, I will prove it tomorrow again on the latest version of youtube addon. (Win7, Kodi 16 Alpha, Xonfluence).

I noticed it when I compared this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ROCKETBEANSTV/videos (that is updated several times a day) with the listing in the Addon. It's not a complete bullshit-listing at all, so maybe its not remarkable in subs that do not share several videos per day. It concerns single videos in the list.
I ended up installing 5.1.20.7 on my Pi2. I immediately started getting exception errors. I discovered after some troubleshooting that after I disabled the API pool option, and used my own Google API and keys, that all started working again.

Honestly, I think folks should just follow the steps for creating their own API/keys, and add that to the API option, with the API pool off. Might resolve alot of the quota issues.
Yes and No,

Remember we're offering an application to people who don't necessarily know how to set up API's and all that good stuff. Since i'm taking ownership of this it'll be my job to make sure i can figure out what we can do. if you use your own API's you shouldn't need to downgrade. but anyone using the pool, it's recommended for you to switch back.

Thanks
Jeff

(2016-04-05, 02:14)kgoerbig Wrote: I ended up installing 5.1.20.7 on my Pi2. I immediately started getting exception errors. I discovered after some troubleshooting that after I disabled the API pool option, and used my own Google API and keys, that all started working again.

Honestly, I think folks should just follow the steps for creating their own API/keys, and add that to the API option, with the API pool off. Might resolve alot of the quota issues.
I must be all horked up. I've got 5.1.20.5 installed. I don't get a login option but do see login failed errors. I have uninstalled and re-installed. Tried the setup wizard which only seemed to ask for language and region settings (and United States was missing from the regions). It seems you folks are working furiously on getting this up and running and I can certainly wait a few more days. I just want to know, what all do I have to delete after I uninstall the plugin to get a fresh clean start?

Thanks in advance

Paksen
(2016-04-05, 03:21)paksen Wrote: I must be all horked up. I've got 5.1.20.5 installed. I don't get a login option but do see login failed errors. I have uninstalled and re-installed. Tried the setup wizard which only seemed to ask for language and region settings (and United States was missing from the regions). It seems you folks are working furiously on getting this up and running and I can certainly wait a few more days. I just want to know, what all do I have to delete after I uninstall the plugin to get a fresh clean start?

Thanks in advance

Paksen

Delete the plugin.video.youtube folder in the addon_data folder. The addon_data folder is located in your userdata folder.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
I'm running into some difficulty at the moment with the keys, Give me a little time on this, Unfortunately i have to stop working on this, but if you continue to use either your own API key or 5.1.20.5 then you will be fine.

I apologize profusely for the error on my part.

Thank you
Jeff
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12