• 10(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-05, 20:05)hdmkv Wrote: I don't think there's a point to Skylake at this time... you're better off w/an MVC option that works reliably at the cheapest price possible, then upgrade to Kaby Lake at the end of the year.

You got a point!

Alright I have to buy something this weekBlush
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-05, 20:05)hdmkv Wrote: I don't think there's a point to Skylake at this time... you're better off w/an MVC option that works reliably at the cheapest price possible, then upgrade to Kaby Lake at the end of the year.

Yes, resistance is futile w/me Wink, but really just trying out different Intel h/w in order to settle on one (if I can ever manage to... ha, ha). I'm embracing Windows after being away from it for Kodi use at least since Win7. Win10 is better (faster boot-up, and using tablet mode w/tiles). Plus, Launcher4Kodi helps a lot to give it a set-top box, media player feel. Not to mention, both HD Netflix and HD Amazon VOD, etc., which all you can't get on any Android TV box. I'm using the Minix A2 Lite air-mouse, along w/my Harmony, so I can navigate around Win10 and Kodi w/o issues.

Windows is back!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-05, 20:05)hdmkv Wrote: Not to mention, both HD Netflix and HD Amazon VOD, etc.
How do you do Amazon Video with Win10? I bought Spanglish in HD from them about a year ago but my old Win7 HTPC could only play it in SD for some reason. I'd love to be able to watch it in HD.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I'm just using Google Chrome for Amazon VOD/Prime and getting 1080p HD.

What I haven't figured out is how to launch Amazon video (or even Chrome browser) via Kodi. Appears the Advanced Launcher add-on is now dead. Also, I'm reading Chrome Launcher add-on is no longer working. There is an effort (on a German forum) to get out a revised Amazon Prime video add-on, but it isn't ready yet? Or only Amazon.de? Hard to make out from Google Translate.

The other option is PlayOn (720p is supported), but that requires the server app to be running on the HTPC or another Windows PC somewhere on your network. Former not ideal as it seems to hog memory/CPU.
My HT
It appeared Advanced Launcher was dead when I 1st checked out the forum for it too.
I needed something to launch scripts when I was fiddling with getting afedchins build to be more automated for Nvidia and it was compatible and worked as intended for launching those. Turns out v.17 was flawed. Added a switch in advanced.xml and no need for the scripts anymore. Life is good. You should try it anyway. Here is a link for it. You're welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbyte293rfqw2k...r.zip?dl=0
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thanks... what do you mean by "Added a switch in advanced.xml and no need for the scripts anymore"? To be used in conjunction w/this add-on?
My HT
No. Nvidia is different than Intel. You actually have to disable 3D in Windows in order to get 3D to work properly. I know. Don't ask. This has been a long time Nvidia problem I've been dealing with using scripts. I needed script access in KODI to enable or disable since automating it outside of KODI has issues in v.17. Afedchin added some code to his build triggered in advanced.xml so Nvidia doesn't need the scripts anymore. This just got fixed the other day. Nvidia is now just as fully automated as Intel and working perfectly. Someone should add that to the OP in the proper thread so Nvidia owners know. I left the link since hearing Advanced Launcher chatter and doubts about it working. Just used it and it worked for me so...... Off topic. Do you have to manually switch anything with your NUC. I mean like choosing 3D modes or any other reason to pick up the remote control? I can tell you my system is fully automated now. I don't have the audio/video out of sync (just for noggin) issue either fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-04-06, 00:33)brazen1 Wrote: I don't have the audio/video out of sync (just for noggin) issue either fwiw.
Wink
(2016-04-06, 00:33)brazen1 Wrote: Do you have to manually switch anything with your NUC. I mean like choosing 3D modes or any other reason to pick up the remote control? I can tell you my system is fully automated now. I don't have the audio/video out of sync (just for noggin) issue either fwiw.
No, w/Intel h/w I've tried (4x by today's count Smile), it's all automatic. Once in Kodi, I just use remote.
My HT
So, to be clear, using an NUC, your PJ or any display for that matter, auto switches to either 3D MVC Frame Packed, 3D.sbs, 3D.tab or whatever, based on the content and/or file naming? Using Nvidia, I actually have to cheat. It won't do that on it's own. Have to select mode using remote, except 3D MVC Frame Packed (that's automated). But..... if you're a Samsung owner, there is a plug-in that automates that part and that's how I get away with it. Just comparing notes between GPU chips. In other words, say you have various sbs, tab, iso, 2D, 3D formats and containers. Do you have to select anything with the remote after clicking on a title or is it all automated?

Must have confused you. It's ok. I do that to myself often.
Say you have a 3D.sbs and a 3D.tab and a 3D MVC Frame Packed.iso.
Can you click on the sbs and set your remote down? Can you stop playback and click on a tab and set the remote down? Same with an MVC.iso?
Or...... do you have to manually select the mode for your display?
Or...... do you have to navigate KODI settings and select your preferred mode to match either a sbs or tab or ?
Or......can you simply browse your library filled with various 3D formats and containers, click on any one of them, and your display automagically switches to the proper mode without any manual input from you?
Can you subsequently select another title that is different format and/or container and it automagically switches as well?

(2016-04-06, 00:49)brazen1 Wrote: So, to be clear, using an NUC, your PJ or any display for that matter, auto switches to either 3D MVC Frame Packed, 3D.sbs, 3D.tab or whatever, based on the content and/or file naming? Using Nvidia, I actually have to cheat. It won't do that on it's own. Have to select mode using remote, except 3D MVC Frame Packed (that's automated). But..... if you're a Samsung owner, there is a plug-in that automates that part and that's how I get away with it. Just comparing notes between GPU chips. In other words, say you have various sbs, tab, iso, 2D, 3D formats and containers. Do you have to select anything with the remote after clicking on a title or is it all automated?

Must have confused you. It's ok. I do that to myself often.
Say you have a 3D.sbs and a 3D.tab and a 3D MVC Frame Packed.iso.
Can you click on all those titles in the library once and set your remote down?
Or...... do you have to manually select the mode for your display?
Or...... do you have to navigate KODI settings and select your preferred mode to match either a sbs or tab or ?

I guess two things could be at play here :

1. Is HSBS and HTAB content output as 1920x1080/24 HSBS/HTAB (i.e. regular 2D video - with the TV required to take the two halves and stretch them for each eye) either with or without the HDMI flags that allow TVs to automatically switch into HSBS or HTAB mode.
2. Is HSBS and HTAB content output as 1920x2205/24 Frame Packed (i.e. does Kodi take the HSBS/HTAB stuff and internally scale it to Frame Packed and output it as Frame Packed)? This could be problematic for some 1080/50i and 108059/94i HSBS TV stuff (I've got quite a lot of BBC HD recordings in this format)

My gut feeling is 1. - but I suspect lots of people who are really happy to have MVC decode may have collections that are mostly MVC - and thus output Frame Packed (which will automatically trigger 3D modes)
(2016-04-05, 22:25)hdmkv Wrote: I'm just using Google Chrome for Amazon VOD/Prime and getting 1080p HD.

What I haven't figured out is how to launch Amazon video (or even Chrome browser) via Kodi.

I created a Netflix shortcut on my desktop & gave it a shortcut key of ctrl+alt+n so at least I can launch it without leaving Kodi....my next step was to check the keyboard editor & see whats available for Windows modifiers.
(2016-04-06, 01:16)noggin Wrote: My gut feeling is 1. - but I suspect lots of people who are really happy to have MVC decode may have collections that are mostly MVC - and thus output Frame Packed (which will automatically trigger 3D modes)

Agree, MVC should auto switch for any display. That's not in question.

SBS may invoke a pop up from the display asking to select which mode and user selects SBS and it renders.
My question is, do you guys get that pop up or does it just go into SBS auto?
I think there is a setting in preferred for KODI that will always go into SBS if you have that selected. I suppose that's just for the KODI GUI and irrelevant to the display mode? Wouldn't know, never used it.
But that's a problem if you add a TAB to your collection and try to play it.
So, do you guys with mixed content manually select or is it automated?

(2016-04-06, 01:21)Karnis Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 22:25)hdmkv Wrote: I'm just using Google Chrome for Amazon VOD/Prime and getting 1080p HD.

What I haven't figured out is how to launch Amazon video (or even Chrome browser) via Kodi.

I created a Netflix shortcut on my desktop & gave it a shortcut key of ctrl+alt+n so at least I can launch it without leaving Kodi....my next step was to check the keyboard editor & see whats available for Windows modifiers.

That's where Advanced Launcher comes in..... Pretty sure? Then your linked to your shortcut inside KODI. You can add that to favorites and then add that to your Home screen from Favorites. Kapeesh?

Disregard. Just tried it. That's not going to work. I don't think the Web Browser add-on will either fwiw.

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10