• 119(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I'm using Arctic: Zephyr fine, but there is no 'best' skin. Any Jarvis-compatible skin should be fine. Core has enough horsepower for most, but 'heavy' ones like Aeon MQ may be a little sluggish? Just guessing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Eminence 2.0 beta, another superbly designed Skin by Jurialmunkey. I'm a big fan of this skilled Skinner. Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237538

(2016-04-06, 13:12)Sheppard Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 16:53)rich_sea Wrote: I've downloaded the "OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.3" and put in on s SD card (Samsung Evo 64gb) using the Apple Pi program. That all seems to have worked fine but when trying to boot from it its just hanging on the menu screen where it asks to press power button to boot from sd card. Have tried pressing it at different times and different lengths of time but no change.

Have to unplug and boot back up with no card in and goes back to Android fine. Any ideas?

Press 2 times on Power

Don't forget to point the IR from the RCU to Wetek

The boot menu is activated by power button which is IR

Thanks for the help. I'm quite new to this, what exactly do you mean when you say point the control from the RCU to WeTek?
See the On/Off Button that turns Blue/Red. The Infra Red receiver is behind that clear button I believe.

Just hold down the remote power button until the the Reboot changes. Also make sure the micro SDHC card goes into the slot with the metal contacts facing up. ie the SD card goes in upside down.

Make sure you have updated to the latest v1.1.2 Android Firmware as well.

(2016-04-06, 15:45)wrxtasy Wrote: Eminence 2.0 beta, another superbly designed Skin by Jurialmunkey. I'm a big fan of this skilled Skinner. Smile

I just love this skin!
I finally got a chance to try out my core last night, and I was disappointed to find that the YouTube app does not support 60fps. Will this be addressed in a future update?
Any pointers on how to install that skin?
(2016-04-06, 15:45)wrxtasy Wrote: Eminence 2.0 beta, another superbly designed Skin by Jurialmunkey. I'm a big fan of this skilled Skinner. Smile

(2016-04-06, 19:04)Sheppard Wrote:

I just love this skin!

Any pointers how to install this skin?
+1

(2016-04-07, 04:36)aceisme Wrote:

(2016-04-06, 19:04)Sheppard Wrote:

I just love this skin!

Any pointers how to install this skin?
Hi guys,

Can somebody please tell me if wetek core is better or raspberry pi 3? I'm confused between the two.
My priority will be playing offline media. YouTube, H265 capabilities considering its the future.

Btw if I'm not wrong both these players will not play videos in Web browser considering there is no option of browser. Am I right?

Thanks & Regards
(2016-04-09, 13:23)tinny9 Wrote: Hi guys,

Can somebody please tell me if wetek core is better or raspberry pi 3? I'm confused between the two.
My priority will be playing offline media. YouTube, H265 capabilities considering its the future.

Btw if I'm not wrong both these players will not play videos in Web browser considering there is no option of browser. Am I right?

Thanks & Regards

Wetek Core booted in Android will allow you to install a web browser. Raspberry Pi 3 booted into Raspbian similarly. Wetek has the edge on this. Whether either of them do video in the browser I don't know. Core will allow Android apps to be installed for video - and has 1080p Netflix (albeit limited to stereo audio)

Pi 3 is limited to 720p and mid-bitrate 1080p H265 as it doesn't have hardware acceleration (just GPU assistance). Core has 8-bit H265 hardware decode.

Pi 3 will do Full HD 3D decode and output, Wetek Core has experimental 3D decode, but only half-res output.

Pi 3 will do HD Audio decode, Core will do HD Audio decode AND bitstream.
(2016-04-09, 14:09)noggin Wrote:

Thanks & Regards

Wetek Core booted in Android will allow you to install a web browser. Raspberry Pi 3 booted into Raspbian similarly. Wetek has the edge on this. Whether either of them do video in the browser I don't know. Core will allow Android apps to be installed for video - and has 1080p Netflix (albeit limited to stereo audio)

Pi 3 is limited to 720p and mid-bitrate 1080p H265 as it doesn't have hardware acceleration (just GPU assistance). Core has 8-bit H265 hardware decode.

Pi 3 will do Full HD 3D decode and output, Wetek Core has experimental 3D decode, but only half-res output.

So you are saying that performance/gui wise wetek will be better?
(2016-04-07, 12:56)Bruc3led Wrote: Any pointers how to install this skin?

Kodi wiki is your best friend)))
For short: System -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin.
Then press "More" and choose whatever you like Smile
(2016-04-09, 15:48)tinny9 Wrote:
(2016-04-09, 14:09)noggin Wrote:

Thanks & Regards

So you are saying that performance/gui wise wetek will be better?

GUI wise I actually find the Pi 3 a bit more fluid - but both good. H265 8-bit 1080p will be better on the Wetek (i.e. higher bitrate, more complex encodes will play on the Core but not the Pi 3)

If you want a browser, Core definitely a better bet.

Major limitation for me about the Wetek is that it won't play native interlaced DVDs. (It will play progressive stuff - movies etc. - fine, but music concerts are a no-go)
(2016-04-09, 17:10)kanyck Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 12:56)Bruc3led Wrote: Any pointers how to install this skin?

Kodi wiki is your best friend)))
For short: System -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin.
Then press "More" and choose whatever you like Smile
Download the Skin from GitHub in .zip format. Put in the same folder as your movies. Kodi settings, Addons, Install from .zip and the find the downloaded Skin file. Done !

• 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4