• 189(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
What would be the best value for money & best entertainment solution for my samsung 4K TV & HTS, The Pi3 or the Beelink BT3? I see the BT3 special is running out. I can get the Pi locally in my country for an equivalent $50 for just the board. Any advice?
(2016-04-08, 09:50)Fredabc Wrote: What would be the best value for money & best entertainment solution for my samsung 4K TV & HTS, The Pi3 or the Beelink BT3? I see the BT3 special is running out. I can get the Pi locally in my country for an equivalent $50 for just the board. Any advice?

RPi3 doesn't do 4K.
(2016-04-08, 22:51)Shazb0t Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 09:50)Fredabc Wrote: What would be the best value for money & best entertainment solution for my samsung 4K TV & HTS, The Pi3 or the Beelink BT3? I see the BT3 special is running out. I can get the Pi locally in my country for an equivalent $50 for just the board. Any advice?

RPi3 doesn't do 4K.

Does the OP want 4K - or just a media player for their 4K TV? How much 4K content worth watching is there - that isn't DRM-ed (Netflix, Amazon etc.)?
Also, as this thread is about 3D mainly, both RPi3 and Beelink BT3 can do it, but via OpenELEC vs. Windows, respectively. Different experiences, with former in more mature state, and with pure Kodi experience; latter gives you HD Netflix, HD Amazon as its Windows.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Dell Inspiron Micro 3050 vs. Intel D34010WYK1 NUC: A Comparative Intel MVC 3D Review posted to that other thread. Smile.
My HT
Quote:Does the OP want 4K - or just a media player for their 4K TV? How much 4K content worth watching is there - that isn't DRM-ed (Netflix, Amazon etc.)?

4K content is very scarce and main focus is on 3D MVC 1080p and possible future .h265/HEVC videos.
(2016-04-10, 10:40)Fredabc Wrote:
Quote:Does the OP want 4K - or just a media player for their 4K TV? How much 4K content worth watching is there - that isn't DRM-ed (Netflix, Amazon etc.)?

4K content is very scarce and main focus is on 3D MVC 1080p and possible future .h265/HEVC videos.

If that is the case then for 3D MVC (with Frame Packed output) you have a choice really, between Wintel and Raspberry Pi 3. (There are a few other options but I don't think they are widely recommended)

Pi 3 is amazing value, will do 3D MVC and Frame Packed output with Lossless decoded HD Audio for all but a handful of titles (no Atmos/DTS:x) but will only handle some HEVC stuff.

Intel running Windows will now do 3D MVC and Frame Packed output too, and Skylake, Braswell and Cherry Trail platforms support this along with HEVC 8-bit hardware decode. Check out hdmkv's posts for more on this (it's quite a recent development - until recently the Pi was the only MVC+Frame Packed 3D platform recommended)
⇈ This. HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro's are the only other choices with full 3D and full 4K, but no HD Netflix, Amazon, etc.
My HT
That's really awesome for MVC decoding + frame-packing rendering of this HD sound.
Hi guys what about Intel cpu (Haswell 4460)but with Nvidia GPU (960) is MVC out of the question for this kind of setup?

Sent from my iPhone
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Not out of the question, but see @afedchin's post #1 here. Basically w/nVidia GPU, Kodi will rely on s/w decoding for MVC. It might just work for you. The key is the MVC decoder file libmfx32 being placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\.
My HT
(2016-04-12, 14:06)hdmkv Wrote: Not out of the question, but see @afedchin's post #1 here. Basically w/nVidia GPU, Kodi will rely on s/w decoding for MVC. It might just work for you. The key is the MVC decoder file libmfx32 being placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\.

Ah ok. It seems to be that at least for now, It's not gonna work as well as using the iGPU.

Pretty surprising that the integrated GPU is getting better at something compared to a dedicated one Big Grin

Have subscribed to that thread too. Thanks!
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
I'm using the integrated Intel gpu only for mvc decoding and my AMD graphic card for output.
Achieved this by changing the primary graphic card to the integrated one in bios.
I guess this should work for everybody with a supported Intel CPU but a different main graphic card.
Only drawback is that the bios Information is displayed with the intel gpu, but no Display connected to this gpu... So i have a Black screen until the Windows drivers are lades.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk
(2016-04-12, 14:06)hdmkv Wrote: Not out of the question, but see @afedchin's post #1 here. Basically w/nVidia GPU, Kodi will rely on s/w decoding for MVC. It might just work for you. The key is the MVC decoder file libmfx32 being placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\.

libmfx32 was intended for AMD. I've never used it with Nvidia. What is key for Nvidia is installing Intel_Media_SDK_2016. I'm having problems with builds after 0401 so if you intend to try it and have problems with newer builds, revert back to that one. Before you do, post a debug log in that forum stating the problems so it can try to be fixed. For all I know, I'm the only one having problems rendering 3D iso's with newer builds. Would be nice to confirm/deny from others. TIA.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Ah okay, I don't have any PC's w/AMD or nVidia. Thanks for the correction.
My HT
  • 189(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17