• 26(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-12, 13:38)Skank Wrote: gonna try all :p

I hear ya, new hardware is great but it really sucks when it doesn't go smoothly, kinda wrecks all the fun eh.

i really think tho if you just forget about it for a while you'll come back to it being completed.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-12, 12:46)noggin Wrote: With the Windows 7/8.1 drivers recommended earlier for my i5 Haswel 4250 NUC, installed in Windows 10, and the above build I'm getting Full HD 3D MVC decode and Frame Packed 24p output, and HD Audio bit streamed.

I have noticed that if I then play a 25p 2D file the display stays in 24p 3D mode still. (Same content fed to both eyes)

Some incredibly out of sync audio on 3D content too (seconds not ms), though this may have been caused by skipping. Live/Recorded TV is pretty good at a quick glance (not perfect and after a few minutes surfing between MPEG2 SD and H264 HD I got some jerkiness)

Amazing work though to the people behind this though, and I'm sure the niggles will be sorted.
Totally. With certain builds, I get occasional lip sync error even w/my i5-4570 laptop, so the issue isn't solely due to CPU. Getting all/most video types to play smoothly on so many variations of Intel h/w will be tricky. Not talking about a single media player model here, or even something like RPi. I'm actually pretty amazed we're at where we are at this stage, with @afedchin's first build less than 2 months ago.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
hope so, was looking forward to install.. (had to work till 8pm, so could only work after it)
Today work again, so again after 8pm Sad
thing is i can only test on tv or projector and wife needs to watch tv lol
Not sure from your posts in the dev thread if you were able to install Windows 10? After that, it's bit more work before Kodi install...

1. Update at least graphics/audio drivers, but I'd also suggest updating LAN and BIOS
2. Making Intel graphics adjustments to disable image enhancements
3. In Windows advanced display settings, making sure 1920 x 1080, 3D is selected
4. Then, all the Kodi MVC build settings below. Usually 3D is already pre-enabled, but choosing 7.1 for audio and WASAPI under passthrough

I do these exact options...
Quote:Settings/Videos/Playback/Adjust Display Refresh Rate = On start / stop
Settings/Videos/Playback/Stereoscopic 3D movies = Preferred mode
Settings/Videos - Acceleration/Decode 3D stereo videos = Checked
Settings/Videos/Discs = Play Main Movie
Settings/System/Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen = Unchecked
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-12, 14:25)hdmkv Wrote: Not sure from your posts in the dev thread if you were able to install Windows 10? After that, it's bit more work before Kodi install...

1. Update at least graphics/audio drivers, but I'd also suggest updating LAN and BIOS
2. Making Intel graphics adjustments to disable image enhancements
3. In Windows advanced display settings, making sure 1920 x 1080, 3D is selected
4. Then, all the Kodi MVC build settings below. Usually 3D is already pre-enabled, but choosing 7.1 for audio and WASAPI under passthrough

I do these exact options...
Quote:Settings/Videos/Playback/Adjust Display Refresh Rate = On start / stop
Settings/Videos/Playback/Stereoscopic 3D movies = Preferred mode
Settings/Videos - Acceleration/Decode 3D stereo videos = Checked
Settings/Videos/Discs = Play Main Movie
Settings/System/Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen = Unchecked

thx mate
I'll do that all, but first updating bios and try to succesfully install windows 10 Sad would hate to install 8.1 first and then do the upgrade
i rather have a clean install
(2016-04-12, 14:58)Skank Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 14:25)hdmkv Wrote:

Quote:thx mate
I'll do that all, but first updating bios and try to succesfully install windows 10 Sad would hate to install 8.1 first and then do the upgrade
i rather have a clean install

That what I have been doing, installing windows 8 then upgrading to Windows 10.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Probably doesn't matter, but I've been doing clean install of Win10 directly. Hoping to get my hands on the lightweight LTSB Win10 build @sarcoptic suggested.
My Family Room Theater
Yeah it should just install
dont think there's something wrong with ram or nuc or my ssd..
Seeing several 'scratch & dent' type Dell 3050's for $131.24 shipped on Amazon. Not as good as $100 or less sales of past obviously, but not bad.
My Family Room Theater
I have decided to give the Skylake one more shot, so I order the Intel NUC6i3SYH Kit bundle from NewEgg for $278.
Intel NUC6i3SYH Kit with 6th Generation Intel Core i3 Processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM ...
ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC

Should receive it on Thursday, if everything works great, this would be the one that I am keeping Image
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Lol damn you!
Why do you put in such a big ssd?
If only for windows and kodi?
32 is enough...
(2016-04-12, 16:17)Skank Wrote: Lol damn you!
Why do you put in such a big ssd?
If only for windows and kodi?
32 is enough... 120 GB came with the bundle.

I'm sorrySad, I would keep the DN2820 for a week just help out a little bit, but I am ready to settle.
Thx
@movie78 I hope you can cancel the order,
It seems Intel are close to fix the WHEA error but not quite there yet, they have been releasing updates to the public though after a period of silence.
https://communities.intel.com/message/386298#386298
Probably it is safer to stick to older 5th gen, or hold off until Intel fixes this issue, but then again kaby lake would be around the corner :/ so.....yeah....
What issues does the WHEA error specifically cause? Just wondering if it affects graphics or audio.
My Family Room Theater
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10