• 29(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-12, 21:48)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 21:04)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 21:03)movie78 Wrote: Finally, now I can go back to bedLaugh
It's already bed time on the East coast? Laugh
Must be all that vodka movie78 had from the other day Wink.

LaughLaughLaugh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-12, 21:53)Skank Wrote: Intel chipset device... Download successful but install failed? Some of the drivers with Intel driver utility do fail to install

Go to computer Management/Device Manager and see what drivers are missing,
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Will do
Tested anyway and finally could see 3d inside kodi! Lol
Hoeray
However lots of things not good yet
Perhaps should begin with settings. Ahh not used to intel and not sure all video enhancements are off, someone pls post pics of all settings there.
Then inside windows display refreshrate, what should it be there? P60hz?

Started last build with settings suggested , i dont get audio passthrough!
Could chose directsound default, directsound hdmi, wasapi default and wasapi hdmi
I thought wasapi hdmi but dont get surround even..
Any help?
Movie stutters and in beginning has around 130 skipped frames.
Then plays good
3d depth and quality is amazing!
One movie (epic) didnt play right in 3d , it was rather mix with 2d, very strange

Will look at drivers next time and should get passthrough audio before i post logs..
Oh, should the fullscreen window setting be checked or unchecked?
WASAPI HDMI for audio, and fullscreen window setting unchecked... and read post #1 in dev thread as all settings suggestions there... 'Stereoscopic 3D rendering' section, and 'Preferable Kodi Setting'.

(2016-04-12, 22:46)Skank Wrote: 3d depth and quality is amazing!
Welcome to the Intel MVC club Smile! Another convert among us! Some have discounted several of us saying how great the Intel PQ is (1's and 0's after all), but your impressions now add to what's becoming a chorus of us see otherwise first hand!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@wesk05, thanks again for the 'AV_Sync' 2D 23.976 and 3D ISO samples you shared... just tested on my i3 D34010WYK1 NUC using the April 11 build...
  • The 2D 23.976 sample plays fine, with my PJ reporting proper "23.97" Smile
  • There's no "green line at the bottom" w/the 3D ISO sample Smile
  • Unfortunately, I'm noticing ever-so-slight lip-sync error w/April 11 build on D34010WYK1, which wasn't an issue on this h/w until previous builds Sad
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv dont go to crazy over lipsync kodi master has done a major overhaul of the there player and how it renders video which i suspect is causing the problem you will see in build 11, so we just have to wait untill they iron out these bugs. i think all test buids using v.17 is affected.
Thanks, good to know... will shift (temporarily) to evaluate HiMedia Q10 Pro... although, Intel 3D PQ is better Smile.
My Family Room Theater
not really sure how i missed this build from yesterday, long story short, 3D seems to kick ass, no sync issue here, scrapers, pvr addons, skins are all working for me.. going to go with this build for the time being.. kinda wish afedchin could relay a bit more information about what hes doing, and what hes seeing in our logs, might get more users involved in helping too... for now. dunno what is different but its working.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vs2013.exe
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-12, 20:03)noggin Wrote: Seriously? 1/4 of a second would be unwatchable for me. That's around 6 frames at 24p. Once you get to that level it starts to look like you are watching a dubbed movie. Most people speak at around 3 words per second, so you are almost a word out of sync.

Agreed. No idea how anyone could tolerate that if those measured a/v sync times are accurate. For me anything over 2 frames is a no-go.

(2016-04-12, 19:18)wesk05 Wrote: HDMI capture may work for Dolby Digital audio. I am not sure I know of any consumer or pro capture card that supports Dolby TrueHD or DTS. In fact, I am not sure what kind of capture card that you used to capture AC3. I know of only the Hauppauge Colossus that does that short of using something like a Teranex processor. How exactly did you match encoded AC3 audio to a video frame? It would be interesting to read more about your methodology and test results. Have you posted this on any forum/website?

I work on AV code for a living so I'm using my own capture software. It captures both AC3 and DTS from HDMI using a BlackMagic Intensity Pro PCIE card (non 4K version). You need to use their native SDK and some custom code to handle compressed audio. I'm not sure if any publicly available capture apps do this. Depending on the player you're capturing, you may also need to spoof the EDID because the MBIP only reports stereo PCM as supported and some devices will not send out AC3/DTS when they see that. Using my software, I get timestamps on each captured video and audio frame and can compare those to the presentation timestamps stored inside the original file being played. You need to understand the MPEG file formats and headers to do this manually. It's a bit tedious and time consuming to do this so it's been a while since I've done this for a recent Kodi build. It's possible things have regressed since version 14 I tested.
(2016-04-13, 22:03)wizziwig Wrote: I work on AV code for a living so I'm using my own capture software. It captures both AC3 and DTS from HDMI using a BlackMagic Intensity Pro PCIE card (non 4K version). You need to use their native SDK and some custom code to handle compressed audio. I'm not sure if any publicly available capture apps do this. Depending on the player you're capturing, you may also need to spoof the EDID because the MBIP only reports stereo PCM as supported and some devices will not send out AC3/DTS when they see that. Using my software, I get timestamps on each captured video and audio frame and can compare those to the presentation timestamps stored inside the original file being played. You need to understand the MPEG file formats and headers to do this manually. It's a bit tedious and time consuming to do this so it's been a while since I've done this for a recent Kodi build. It's possible things have regressed since version 14 I tested.
I assumed you would be doing something like this. I didn't realize that Blackmagic SDK allowed compressed audio capture. Actually, I haven't really looked into the SDK although I have the 4K Extreme 12G card. The scope of my test was only to find out whether were differences between the different Kodi builds. A lot has changed in Kodi since v14.0!
(2016-04-11, 22:37)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 19:04)wesk05 Wrote: I have actually tested it on nVIDIA SHIELD and Pi2. I think most of it is inherent to Kodi and also system (AVR, display) specific. SHIELD was interesting in that over time (~1 min) the error got corrected by itself. Pi2 also had ~140ms error (bitstreamed and decoded audio).
I do want to mention here that the numbers that I have posted are not absolute. They are specific to my system. I did the tests only to check the variation between different Kodi builds.

How does your test device actually work? It's not clear from their website. I assume it times the delay between a sound coming out of your speakers and a strobe/flash of light coming out of your display? Most displays have an inherent lag to begin with - LCD because of pixel response or video processing.

When you look at the 'o' codec info, is there a delay displayed there? Some OpenElec builds had a very high default delay of 175ms as discussed here.

It's been a long time since I've done any testing but when i removed that 175ms delay, I saw no significant difference on my Chromebox vs. a stand-alone BD player. My method of comparison rules out any issues coming from Display or AVR delay. I simply captured the HDMI output of each player and then compared them in an editor where I could see the video and matching audio data for each frame. For reference, I also decoded the original file on a PC and extracted perfectly synced video and audio tracks. The HDMI output was within 1 frame of reference. This was for a single 24p AC3 bitstreamed test file. Can't guarantee all other files and formats were equally in-sync.

I keep meaning to do this with VALID. I'd need to ingest a VALID test clip in FCP or Avid and trust that the Kona capture cards we use don't do anything nasty (the audio will come in embedded in the HD-SDI) If I then play out the recording via HDMI at 1080i25 (or possibly 720p50) and assuming our HDMI to HD-SDI converters only add a small delay (and I don't route through a synchroniser) I could get a basic VALID answer (ignoring AC3) for PCM stereo.

(VALID is a neat test signal that allows for accurate A/V sync delay to be measured. It's a modified colour bar test signal accompanied by an audio signal. You then feed that into a VALID analyser and it displays the A/V relative delays/errors. It's a system broadcasters use to check their systems for A/V errors, and to ensure remote sources are in-sync, among other things.)

There is a separate system for checking monitor delays - which are a separate matter.
(2016-04-13, 22:31)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 22:03)wizziwig Wrote: I work on AV code for a living so I'm using my own capture software. It captures both AC3 and DTS from HDMI using a BlackMagic Intensity Pro PCIE card (non 4K version). You need to use their native SDK and some custom code to handle compressed audio. I'm not sure if any publicly available capture apps do this. Depending on the player you're capturing, you may also need to spoof the EDID because the MBIP only reports stereo PCM as supported and some devices will not send out AC3/DTS when they see that. Using my software, I get timestamps on each captured video and audio frame and can compare those to the presentation timestamps stored inside the original file being played. You need to understand the MPEG file formats and headers to do this manually. It's a bit tedious and time consuming to do this so it's been a while since I've done this for a recent Kodi build. It's possible things have regressed since version 14 I tested.
I assumed you would be doing something like this. I didn't realize that Blackmagic SDK allowed compressed audio capture. Actually, I haven't really looked into the SDK although I have the 4K Extreme 12G card. The scope of my test was only to find out whether were differences between the different Kodi builds. A lot has changed in Kodi since v14.0!

I'm not sure it does - technically (will have to ask a few friends who write some commercial-quality code for them)... The BlackMagic SDK does allow for quite a lot of control I understand.

I love this forum; often educational... some stuff may remain over my head though Smile.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-13, 22:31)wesk05 Wrote: I assumed you would be doing something like this. I didn't realize that Blackmagic SDK allowed compressed audio capture. Actually, I haven't really looked into the SDK although I have the 4K Extreme 12G card. The scope of my test was only to find out whether were differences between the different Kodi builds. A lot has changed in Kodi since v14.0!

FYI, I briefly tried doing something similar on a newer BM card. I think it was the Decklink Extreme 3D+. It didn't work. The firmware on the card detected the embedded AC/DTS and shut down the capture. All I got was a bunch of zeros on the audio input. Maybe they had to remove this functionality for legal reasons.
(2016-04-13, 22:59)wizziwig Wrote: FYI, I briefly tried doing something similar on a newer BM card. I think it was the Decklink Extreme 3D+. It didn't work. The firmware on the card detected the embedded AC/DTS and shut down the capture. All I got was a bunch of zeros on the audio input. Maybe they had to remove this functionality for legal reasons.
Well... One day when I have time I will look into this option. Another thing in my ever growing to-do list Big Grin
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10