• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets
The poster art definitely exists and the folders are correct with the same names as the games.

I'll check the new one out. Smile

EDIT: Ok, somehow Poster shows as boxart in Art field but as fanart in List field... I'm guessing it's a skin issue.
I tried it with 'default poster view' and posters displayed OK (a grid of 3 wide posters on left hand side of the screen). Is that the view you're using?
Nope, I'm using "two thirds poster".

EDIT: I've rebuilt the skin and it was fixed. I guess something was corrupted when I was playing around with it.
Hey Teeedub , I just come across your add-on after Dark13 mentioned it. looks good. can the xmls I created for his theme be used for this so it displays all the info (I'm billyc999 on hyperspin forums)Big Grin
Teeedub, this addon is fantastic! I just got my collection moved over from Rom Collection Browser and its looking great. Appreciate the console fanart and the links to the system XMLs. Renaming everything was a trip in python but finally got things right. I switched to Aeon Nox from Titan so things are looking very close to your example video. Do you have a recommendation for getting artwork synced up? Emumovies DSU seems legit but looks to be Windows only
@joebloggs12 yeah I am planning on doing so (that's the reason I was asking in that thread if you would consider putting the files on github to make them easier to find and contribute to Smile) I noticed they changed from ods files to XML so I figured I'd wait a bit too see if there would be any more changes to the file structure. Dark Souls 3 comes out this week so it may be a while before I get around to it, but it's on my to-do list Smile

@mechevarria emumoviesdsu is the best scaper I have used so far. You could try using wine to run it on Linux. If that fails you can download the artwork packs from the website, or if you're a member, via their FTP.
@Teeedub, thanks for the advice on emumoviesdsu, its working great so far. Ended up creating a samba share out of the roms directory so a windows client could read and scan it. Ugly but works. This is extremely minor, but the icon artwork for Nintendo Gamecube gets lost in the background.

http://imgur.com/G0dKfjG
@teeedub, id gladly put them on github but unsure how to go about it, if you want to upload them your free to do so as I'm not even sure how GitHub works
Howdy all. I love the look of this launcher and I'd love to give it a whirl. Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't get it to work.

I've already got a fully functional Hyperspin installation on my system. I copied over one of my XML files (NES) into the systems folder as a test case, and created an NES-config.xml as well as a HyperSpin.bat file (which I can confirm launches HyperSpin, then returns me to Kodi). This NES launcher shows up in the Hyperlaunch menu, but when I click on it I get the following error:

Hyper Launcher Error - check the log for more information

Here's the relevant chunk of log:

Quote:09:19:31 T:5352 ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
09:19:31 T:5352 NOTICE: metahandler: No SQLite rows requiring update
09:22:54 T:9912 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.hyper.launcher\default.py", line 476, in <module>
game_list_create(game, system_name, rom_path, rom_extensions, launcher_script, artwork_base_path, icon_path, icon_fallback_path, fanart_path, fanart_fallback_path, poster_path, thumb_path, logo_path, clearart_path, banner_path, media_path, trailer_path, 'context_one')
File "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.hyper.launcher\default.py", line 359, in game_list_create
if game.find('rating').text:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'
-->End of Python script error report<--
09:22:54 T:6896 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/?foldername=NES&mode=folder
09:22:54 T:6896 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.hyper.launcher/?foldername=NES&mode=folder) failed

Something is preventing my NES launcher from populating, but I'm not sure what. Here's my NES-config file (I didn't bother adding the proper "release date" and "history" information yet. Also, as of right now, I only have box covers and video previews for the NES games).

Quote:<?xml version="1.0"?>
<system name="Nintendo Entertainment System"> <!-- System name -->
<info>
<release_year>1977</release_year> <!-- System info -->
<manufacturer>Atari, Inc.</manufacturer>
<description>The Atari 2600, (or Atari VCS before 1982) is a home video game console released on September 11, 1977 by Atari, Inc. It is credited with popularizing the use of microprocessor-based hardware and ROM cartridges containing game code, a format first used with the Fairchild Channel F video game console in 1976. This format contrasts with the older model of having non-microprocessor dedicated hardware, which could only play the games which were physically built into the unit.</description>
</info>
<config>
<rom_path>D:\Games\HyperSpin\Emulators\RomFiles\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System</rom_path> <!-- Path to ROM files -->
<rom_extensions>nes bin zip 7z</rom_extensions> <!-- ROM extensions to use, seperated by a space. Leave blank to use first file matching ROM filename -->
<launcher_script>HyperSpin.bat</launcher_script> <!-- Launcher script to use for this system, needs to be executable by your system -->
</config>
<artwork>
<base_path>D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System</base_path> <!-- Artwork paths to use. Leave blank to not supply artwork type -->
<icon>D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Images\Artwork2</icon>
<icon_fallback></icon_fallback>
<fanart></fanart>
<fanart_fallback></fanart_fallback>
<thumb>D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Images\Artwork2</thumb>
<poster>D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Images\Artwork2</poster>
<logo></logo>
<clearart></clearart>
<banner></banner>
<media></media>
<trailer>D:\Games\HyperSpin\Media\Nintendo Entertainment System\Video</trailer>
</artwork>
<alt_launchers>

</alt_launchers>
<game_variations>

</game_variations>
</system>

Not sure where I've gone wrong. Any help would be most appreciated!
@Dweezilkid can you post your nes hyperlist file to pastebin? I know what the problem is and I'd like to test with your file.
To confirm -- the NES hyperlist xml in my system folder?

http://pastebin.com/CLZQwHs3

This was a file I originally downloaded from the Hyperspin repo. I don't recall ever modifying it (though I haven't touched my Hyperspin config in a few years). I'm not a programmer... just a hardcore gamer who enjoys a nice clean interface. Thank you!

EDIT: By the way, I'm currently waiting on my Amazon shipping status for Dark Souls 3 to display *anything*, despite the fact that the game launched yesterday. So believe me, I understand if your attention is split Wink
(2016-04-14, 04:47)Dweezilkid Wrote: To confirm -- the NES hyperlist xml in my system folder?

http://pastebin.com/CLZQwHs3

This was a file I originally downloaded from the Hyperspin repo. I don't recall ever modifying it (though I haven't touched my Hyperspin config in a few years). I'm not a programmer... just a hardcore gamer who enjoys a nice clean interface. Thank you!

EDIT: By the way, I'm currently waiting on my Amazon shipping status for Dark Souls 3 to display *anything*, despite the fact that the game launched yesterday. So believe me, I understand if your attention is split Wink

Hi, I had the same error.

Add "rating" value:

<rating /> or <rating></rating>

to every game on your list.

Example:

Quote: <game name="10-Yard Fight (USA, Europe)" index="true" image="1">
<description>10-Yard Fight (USA, Europe)</description>
<cloneof />
<crc>C38B62CB</crc>
<manufacturer>Nintendo</manufacturer>
<year>1985</year>
<genre>Sports/Football</genre>
<rating>Other - NR (Not Rated)</rating>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
</game>

My list has data on rating but you don't have to add it.

The error should go away. I believe it would be better if the addon replaced empty info with placeholders instead of requesting blank data.
Ha! Got it fixed. I downloaded a newer XML file from the Hyperspin website and the error went away. I'm sure you identified the problem, Zspectre. My Hyperspin install is over three years old, so the XML files were old as well (and missing that new parameter).

Here's a new question / problem -- I'd love to add the artwork plugin from the original post, but it's a 7z archive (and Kodi only seems to install from zips). No matter how I unpack and re-zip the files, I get an error trying to install the plugin. Is it available somewhere as a zip file?
I manually installed the artwork inside the addon data directory. Might be an easier way, but hand jamming worked.

Screenshot
plugin.hyper.launcher-1.5.0:
Quote:Dont attempt to use info tags that dont exist in hyperlist xmls (bare minimum now is game name and description tags)
If 'enabled' tag exists and is not set to 'Yes' game will not display
Add option to view hyper launcher service settings from hyper launcher settings window
Add option to print more logging to kodi.log
Fix game trailers and fallback art not working.
Clean up

@Dweezilkid if youre playing on steam and want someone to co-op with add me, username is the same as here

@joebloggs12 from windows it easy to use git, download the client, create a repo, add your files and then sync the changes. It will allow others to fork your repo and keep a updated copy, contribute, rollback changes etc. Its really handy. If you need a hand pm me. I just had a look at your xmls, theyre looking good! Game info is something thats sorely missing from hyperspin.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hyper Launcher - A ROM launcher using HyperSpin assets4