• 89(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Ah no, that's not what I'm saying Smile Here's what I meant:

Bring up your audio menu, then choose Subtitles Offset and see what happens. The panel is covering the subtitles while you're adjusting the offset, so you can't see whether you're doing well or not.

In general I think that those in-vid panels take up way too much space but oh well Smile
Ahhh right Smile
Hi, is it possible somehow to corrupt the designer? I was using a video addon and the "poster" view somehow started to display fanart instead of posters, despite the posters being there. A skin rebuild fixed it.
Is there anywhere a collection of user-generated designs I could import?
(2016-04-05, 10:04)krakout Wrote: First time I used KOver I managed to screw it up and gave up. I gave it a second chance yesterday and -wow, I love the included configs.I'm using the Hybrid preset because it gives me the most info, but I have two issues:

-I was using autosub to automatically download subs for videos that didn't have any. It works with my other skins, but with KOver it just presents a blank space and nothing is shown... any ideas?
-the functions panel that comes up to allow you to choose audio streams, subs, offets etcis a bit clumsy - I can't use the subs offset because the panel is over the subs themselves and I can't see what I'm doing Big Grin Can this be fixed somehow?

Thanks for an awesome skin, otherwise!

To be honest, I tried to make the autosub thing to work but never managed to get it showing something (at least a window name in debug mode for checking which file is concerned). That said, it's pretty difficult to know where to start with :/ For the panel hiding subs, I don't see a proper way to fix that since dialogs are part of the process. A workaround ATM could be to set the dialog panel position to top in the designer, change your sub position and switch back the dialog to bottom in the designer.

(2016-04-07, 02:48)Zpectre87 Wrote: Hi, is it possible somehow to corrupt the designer? I was using a video addon and the "poster" view somehow started to display fanart instead of posters, despite the posters being there. A skin rebuild fixed it.

Well, like any software, an isolated bug can happen. But it's all about stored values. If your art parameter is set to 'DEFAULT', KOver is checking the best matching available art. Be aware that some addons don't handle pictures the same way KODI does (meaning somme addons fanart can be icon for KODI, or posters can be thumb, etc ...). This is a long time ago discussion with addons developpers to get some uniformity. Other than that, a value in KOver cannot change by itself but the result can be different as expected if the initial art request is not found.

(2016-04-07, 08:42)krakout Wrote: Is there anywhere a collection of user-generated designs I could import?

You mean these ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252431
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252432
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-04-07, 12:18)Jayz2K Wrote: Well, like any software, an isolated bug can happen. But it's all about stored values. If your art parameter is set to 'DEFAULT', KOver is checking the best matching available art. Be aware that some addons don't handle pictures the same way KODI does (meaning somme addons fanart can be icon for KODI, or posters can be thumb, etc ...). This is a long time ago discussion with addons developpers to get some uniformity. Other than that, a value in KOver cannot change by itself but the result can be different as expected if the initial art request is not found.

Thanks. The idea was to reroute the "tiles" view but I don't know what it's called in the code to add it to the addon settings (it's the Hyper Launcher addon). This view is good because it's a horizontal tile rather than vertical and some game consoles have horizontal boxes (like the SNES).
Love this skin. Amazing!

Have a question, haven't been able to find an answer so forgive me if it has been answered before.

When you press pause or activate the controls bar at the bottom (pause, stop, etc.) a white bar with a clock icon and times also appears (I'm going to call it the timer bar). How do you get rid of this timer bar? Reason I ask is because when I activate the channel dialog with a somewhat translucent background this timer bar sits behind but is visible and ruins the look.

Help is appreciated. Thx.
(2016-04-11, 05:40)l3wdoo Wrote: Love this skin. Amazing!

Have a question, haven't been able to find an answer so forgive me if it has been answered before.

When you press pause or activate the controls bar at the bottom (pause, stop, etc.) a white bar with a clock icon and times also appears (I'm going to call it the timer bar). How do you get rid of this timer bar? Reason I ask is because when I activate the channel dialog with a somewhat translucent background this timer bar sits behind but is visible and ruins the look.

Hi, thx for the kind words. I think it's about the seekbar. Since it's part of dialog, this element is sadly not customizable. However it should not appear blank ? Mind to post a screenshot so I can have a closer look ?

(2016-04-11, 21:00)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 05:40)l3wdoo Wrote: Love this skin. Amazing!

Hi, thx for the kind words. I think it's about the seekbar. Since it's part of dialog, this element is sadly not customizable. However it should not appear blank ? Mind to post a screenshot so I can have a closer look ?

I didn't know what to call it, but yes, it's about the seekbar. It's not appearing blank though, it's fully noticible under the tv channel dialog box (which is transparent) and is ruining the look I was going for. Since it's not editable, I can just move the sidebar to the top so the seekbar will move to the top and be out of the way. Not exactly what I was looking for, but not a big deal. Here is a pic, you can see the seekbar underneath. Please let me know if you have any thoughts other than moving sidebar to the top. Thx.

(2016-04-12, 05:24)l3wdoo Wrote: I didn't know what to call it, but yes, it's about the seekbar. It's not appearing blank though, it's fully noticible under the tv channel dialog box (which is transparent) and is ruining the look I was going for. Since it's not editable, I can just move the sidebar to the top so the seekbar will move to the top and be out of the way. Not exactly what I was looking for, but not a big deal. Here is a pic, you can see the seekbar underneath. Please let me know if you have any thoughts other than moving sidebar to the top. Thx.

Hmm, seems to be a bug. I missed this one. I will check seekbar visibility conditions and fix that.
Thx for reporting. I'll keep you in touch when fixed.

Cheers

Hi, got a question and im not sure if this is a kover issue or something else

for fanart, quite often im missing the clearlogo, howvere i can see on fanart.tv that more and more movies have the hdclearlogo present and not the clearlogo. I there any way that we could use that instead of the clearlogo or maybe add an option to use hd clearlogo as default and only use clearlogo if hdclearlogo is not prsent
(2016-04-13, 22:58)mrShpak Wrote: Hi, got a question and im not sure if this is a kover issue or something else

for fanart, quite often im missing the clearlogo, howvere i can see on fanart.tv that more and more movies have the hdclearlogo present and not the clearlogo. I there any way that we could use that instead of the clearlogo or maybe add an option to use hd clearlogo as default and only use clearlogo if hdclearlogo is not prsent

Hi, well, to show Clearlogo, KOver uses Artwork Downloader Addon and then an single infolabel ListItem.Art(clearlogo) which is natively available. What I have no control on is which / what kind of clearlogo is downloaded. So I have don't know which kind d of clearlogo (HD / SD or whatever) is placed in the infolabel during the addon process. This is more a dev question to ask in Artwork Downloader thread Wink

Is there an archive of user configurations anywhere that I could download?

Thanks Smile
Hi Jayz, there is a feature in MQ skins that would be cool to have in Kover.
An option in info panel to get automatically all artwork from selected video (fanart, extrafanarts, poster, clearlogo, etc.)
It's useful when adding new movies/series.

While I'm at it, I will report a small (but enquiquinante Wink ) issue :
When in the "download subtitles" panel, the filename is not displayed, that makes it difficult to choose the good subtitle release without the release group being displayed.
(2016-04-14, 09:07)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 22:58)mrShpak Wrote: Hi, got a question and im not sure if this is a kover issue or something else

Hi, well, to show Clearlogo, KOver uses Artwork Downloader Addon and then an single infolabel ListItem.Art(clearlogo) which is natively available. What I have no control on is which / what kind of clearlogo is downloaded. So I have don't know which kind d of clearlogo (HD / SD or whatever) is placed in the infolabel during the addon process. This is more a dev question to ask in Artwork Downloader thread Wink

Thanks for that. i did some additional reading. As i said, i wasnt even sure if this is a skin setting or artwork downloader. Anyway, got it almost working but it leads me to a followup question. In the other thread it was suggested to add the following

DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml add this lines after the <defaultcontrol>

<onload condition="Library.IsScanningVideo">SetProperty(UpdateArt,1)</onload>
<onunload condition="!IsEmpty(Window.Property(UpdateArt)) ">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader,silent=true)</onunload>
<onunload condition="!IsEmpty(Window.Property(UpdateArt)) ">ClearProperty(UpdateArt)</onunload>

however, kover doesnt seem to have the defaultcontrol section. Could you please point me to the right direction?
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18