• 192(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-04-15, 21:53)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: thank you very for this information!

Does that mean, I have to upgrade Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 to get 3D output on MKV MVC files?

You try Windows 7 , but if doesn't work I will suggest upgrade to Windows 10, plus its Free
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Ok, first I will test it under Windows 7.

The thing with Windows 10 is, I have to install and configurate everything new.
(2016-04-15, 22:52)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Ok, first I will test it under Windows 7.

It won't work. Windows 7 doesn't support 3D framepacked output as part of DirectX which is how it's being done (AFAIK).
Hi all
Does anyone know if openelec 7 (on pi3) will support 3D MVC ISOs when released?
Alternatively can someone recommend a test build version they consider stable on the pi? I have tried a few but always found something not to be quite right and rolled back to the official stable version.
Thanks
(2016-04-15, 17:13)movie78 Wrote: This issue will be resolved once @afedchin 3D MVC build is properly well implemented into Kodi and I do understand your point, it is very annoying when you've switch inputs to different devices to play certain files.

And when that happens it will become a new machine to check out then. I have seen most of the post here from the hardcore kodi bunch that talk about there "main machines" and then there "3d machines" or there "HD audio" machines for every good kodi has that is its biggest flaw and always seems to be the most over looked thing and the come back is always the UI. While the Dune's/popcorn hour/med8er had terrible UI you could count on one machine to play it all there was no I need to switch machines to playback a certain file. If the intel machines add up and come in at a price point that is reasonable your current stand alone players that have zero playback issues and just an ugly UI are coming in about 150$ I wont include the Solo as that thing is way over priced. I think the price point needs to be $250 for the hardware or less.Then I think you would attract more of the people that want a plug and play solution again until then KODI kinda sits as a hobby for most people.
I play my 3D titles from a real Blu-ray player. I play my video files with MPC-HC (madVR & LAV) just dragging and dropping files from File Explorer. I only use Kodi for audio playback on a different computer (Chromebox).
(2016-04-17, 02:48)halfelite Wrote: [ While the Dune's/popcorn hour/med8er had terrible UI you could count on one machine to play it all there was no I need to switch machines to playback a certain file.

I beg to differ... I come from a Popcorn hour background and there were loads of playback issues with 3D, which made me search for an alternative playback option. The support and the forum turned into a very bad joke after the A-400 arrived. Vicious moderators coming down on anyone demanding a 3D player to actually playback 3d without issues and daring to post about problems.

Well all that is a thing of the past, my Pi3 with Kodi is the most perfect player I have ever owned ( owned quite a few) since I have a 5.1 setup the PCM/hd audio route is no problem for me.
Great interface and perfect playback, I have not had a single issue - not one. I prefer 3D MVC mkvs and it just works.

So I guess unless ATMOS is a dealbreaker for someone looking for a player - the PI is still probably the cheapest and best option out there. Just my very humble opinion.
(2016-04-16, 02:14)Stereodude Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 22:52)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Ok, first I will test it under Windows 7.

It won't work. Windows 7 doesn't support 3D framepacked output as part of DirectX which is how it's being done (AFAIK).

Thank you!
But, perhaps it is "much" to early for Windows 10 and the drivers:
I had yesterday a lot of trouble to switch to Windows 10. The migration was very easy, but I had also the trouble - like other users -
that after some time (around 30 minutes), the hd audio device gone away.
I installed, deleted, reinstalled the audio HD drivers (in my case Realtec ALC)...nothing helped...in Windows 10 no audio anymore.
I read in google, that other users also report here trouble.

During the time, the audio driver was working in Windows 10, I installed Kodi 17 and tested, how it works with 3D output.
I tested some MKV with 3D MVC. Also, I installed actual grafik drivers for my Intel Nuc, setup 3D stereoskopic output.
I checked also dirext X: WDDM 2.0 was also installed.
I played/tested around in Kodi 17 settings. BUT not one time there was an output as 3D to panel or beamer.

What do you think, I made wrong or what I perhaps missed by installing Kodi 17 or Windows 10?
Or did I had to make special settings in Kodi or on my Intel Nuc?
Or should I give the MKV file a special name (I use until now only the orignal title name of movies), that 3D MVC
has to recognize?
(2016-04-17, 14:50)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: But, perhaps it is "much" to early for Windows 10 and the drivers:
I had yesterday a lot of trouble to switch to Windows 10. The migration was very easy, but I had also the trouble - like other users -
that after some time (around 30 minutes), the hd audio device gone away.
I installed, deleted, reinstalled the audio HD drivers (in my case Realtec ALC)...nothing helped...in Windows 10 no audio anymore.

Realtek ALC drivers are for analogue and digital SPDIF audio output they are NOT connected with HDMI audio output.

The confusion stems from Intel calling high quality analogue output 'HD'...

If your HDMI audio output has disappeared then it is your Intel HDMI Audio drivers that are possibly an issue (it could be that Windows update has updated them in the background?) Or are you using analogue/Toslink/coax output?

Usually reinstalling the video drivers also reinstalls the HDMI Audio drivers too (but I think there may be a way of just updating the Audio element only?)

If you lost HDMI audio, then reinstalling Realtek audio drivers will have been doing nothing to your HDMI audio situation.
(2016-04-17, 15:37)noggin Wrote: Realtek ALC drivers are for analogue and digital SPDIF audio output they are NOT connected with HDMI audio output.

If your HDMI audio output has disappeared then it is your Intel HDMI Audio drivers that are possibly an issue (it could be that Windows update has updated them in the background?) Or are you using analogue/Toslink/coax output?

Usually reinstalling the video drivers also reinstalls the HDMI Audio drivers too (but I think there may be a way of just updating the Audio element only?)

If you lost HDMI audio, then reinstalling Realtek audio drivers will have been doing nothing to your HDMI audio situation.

I only use HDMI for Audio/HD Audio.

Yes, I assume, that Windows updated the audio drivers in the background, cause, for arround 30 minutes after Windows 10 installation, the sound was gone.

If I reinstall, the device manger in Windows 10 shows in first step, that it works. But, if you look deeper in the device mgt. there is a remark, that the
device needs more installation. I tried that at least 3 teams, but with same result.
I guess, that Realtek has a driver conflict with Windows 10.

So midwhile I rolled back to Windows 7.
But, I will try that again in some days with Windows 10.

Then I will have again also the issue, with not working 3D output (as descripted before).
(2016-04-17, 17:22)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 15:37)noggin Wrote: Realtek ALC drivers are for analogue and digital SPDIF audio output they are NOT connected with HDMI audio output.

I only use HDMI for Audio/HD Audio.

Yes, I assume, that Windows updated the audio drivers in the background, cause, for arround 30 minutes after Windows 10 installation, the sound was gone.

If I reinstall, the device manger in Windows 10 shows in first step, that it works. But, if you look deeper in the device mgt. there is a remark, that the
device needs more installation. I tried that at least 3 teams, but with same result.
I guess, that Realtek has a driver conflict with Windows 10.

So midwhile I rolled back to Windows 7.
But, I will try that again in some days with Windows 10.

Then I will have again also the issue, with not working 3D output (as descripted before).

Not sure your point about Realtek drivers - they have nothing to do with HDMI Audio - which is a totally different driver. (The Realtek drivers are purely for the analogue audio outputs - and Toslink/Coax if you have them. They don't do HDMI Audio - Realtek has nothing to do with audio over HDMI. The 'Realtek HD Audio' doesn't refer to HDMI or HD Audio like DTS-HD or Dolby True HD)

The two audio devices are separate. You could have no working driver for the realtek audio and still get HDMI audio working I believe (as they are totally independent of each other).

If your HDMI Audio has stopped working - it's Intel video drivers you need to look at (as HDMI Audio is part of the video driver package)
I'm running latest OE official beta on Rpi2. I got a BD ISO 3D, but when I try to play it, nothing happens. If I'm correct, OE latest beta with Jarvis supports 3d BD ISO playback?

I have mpeg2 licence, but no VC1

The technical details of the ISO are the following (actually it is a BD ISO rip): Link
When you say nothing happens - do you not even get the Kodi Blu-ray menu pop up offering you a track choice?
No, nothing at all. Few seconds it is working something (I'm seeint the movies menu, and the cover of the movie) that's it. I can get you logs now, but will when at home.
OE latest official beta should play BD 3D ISO, correct?
(2016-04-20, 12:27)gurabli Wrote: No, nothing at all. Few seconds it is working something (I'm seeint the movies menu, and the cover of the movie) that's it. I can get you logs now, but will when at home.
OE latest official beta should play BD 3D ISO, correct?

No. 3D MVC ISO is not in Jarvis. Need to use a Milhouse/nightly build for this.
3D MVC mkv is supported by Jarvis.
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17