• 9(current)
Release Google Play Music - From scratch
(2016-04-16, 20:16)Tadly Wrote: I think I've been stupid again.
I pushed a new version to Github. Try that one and let me know how it goes Smile

Sadly, I get an error installing -

Code:
18:27:44 T:139752305051392   ERROR: Copy - Failed read from file zip://%2fstorage%2fplugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master.zip/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master/resources/libs/lib-sys/lib2to3/Grammar.txt?cache=no
18:27:45 T:139752305051392   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master
Any ideas?
(2016-04-16, 20:29)crashgybe Wrote: Sadly, I get an error installing -

Code:
18:27:44 T:139752305051392   ERROR: Copy - Failed read from file zip://%2fstorage%2fplugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master.zip/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master/resources/libs/lib-sys/lib2to3/Grammar.txt?cache=no
18:27:45 T:139752305051392   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic-master
Any ideas?

Yeah, that sometimes happens with kodi depending on what you did (or did not do) before.

1. Close Kodi
2. Delete the addon folder within .kodi/addons
3. Start Kodi
4. Install from zip

and you should be good to go
(2016-04-16, 20:33)Tadly Wrote: Yeah, that sometimes happens with kodi depending on what you did (or did not do) before.

1. Close Kodi
2. Delete the addon folder within .kodi/addons
3. Start Kodi
4. Install from zip

and you should be good to go

Wahey, reboot did it! Forgot about that... thanks.

But now it says "login failed"
Undecided
(2016-04-16, 20:45)crashgybe Wrote: Wahey, reboot did it! Forgot about that... thanks.

But now it says "login failed"
Undecided

Glad at least that worked Smile

In terms of login I don't know how to help you.
In the addons settings, you can re-run the setup.
So you might wanna try that
(2016-04-16, 20:46)Tadly Wrote: Glad at least that worked Smile

In terms of login I don't know how to help you.
In the addons settings, you can re-run the setup.
So you might wanna try that
I did... tried deleting userdata as well. Then when I run setup from settings it says login failed.

Thanks for trying. In case it sheds any light, here is the debug log-

http://xbmclogs.com/pvntowgqd
(2016-04-16, 21:24)crashgybe Wrote: I did... tried deleting userdata as well. Then when I run setup from settings it says login failed.

Thanks for trying. In case it sheds any light, here is the debug log-

http://xbmclogs.com/pvntowgqd

So that means you don't even see a setup assistant?
It just says Login failed?

Are you using OpenElec on an intel based PC? (just to make sure it's not a pycryptodome problem with unsupported hardware which I probably catch if it fails importing)
(2016-04-16, 21:29)Tadly Wrote: So that means you don't even see a setup assistant?
It just says Login failed?

Are you using OpenElec on an intel based PC? (just to make sure it's not a pycryptodome problem with unsupported hardware which I probably catch if it fails importing)
Correct - no setup assistant (sorry, I didn't know to expect that). It is an AMD device
AMD E-450 APU

And.... I just tested on a Kodi 15 openelec install on a n INTEL laptop and it also gives me the "login failed" with no setup assistant.
(2016-04-16, 21:32)crashgybe Wrote: Correct - no setup assistant (sorry, I didn't know to expect that). It is an AMD device
AMD E-450 APU

And.... I just tested on a Kodi 15 openelec install on a n INTEL laptop and it also gives me the "login failed" with no setup assistant.

Sorry for the super late reply.

Believe it or not but I just now got a LibreElec VM going AAAAND found the problem (and boy oh boy am I face-palming right now ._.)

Anyway.
Should be fixed really really soon and I'll throw that update straight into the repository.

HOWEVER, I have no idea if it will fork for you on your AMD E-450 APU but we'll see.
Someone from the team is helping me with some crypto stuff and we might be able to get rid of the c-extension meaning
the add-on will work an all platforms that (so the plan at least)
This is not 100% though, just saying. So don't quote me on that Smile
Am i right this addon puts the "my library" from google music into kodi's music library?
No need to go into the addon first?

i read "add my library" in features, so i assume yes?
(2016-04-20, 19:05)Skank Wrote: Am i right this addon puts the "my library" from google music into kodi's music library?
No need to go into the addon first?

i read "add my library" in features, so i assume yes?

Nope, that doesn't work as kodi doesn't support addons being a "source of content" or whatever you wanna call that.
There might be tricks and hacks to get it working in such a way but that's nothing I'm going to implement (I hate hacks Smile)

Sorry
Damn,; waiting for ages to get that
Sad
My kodi music library is so empty right now.. dont have albums cause i use streaming services...
(2016-04-20, 19:11)Skank Wrote: Damn,; waiting for ages to get that
Sad
My kodi music library is so empty right now.. dont have albums cause i use streaming services...

I know that feeling Wink

I don't have any music left in kodi what so ever.
Only using my gmusic add-on Big Grin

Customized my skin so that e.g. selecting Artists, Albums, Playlists would redirect me to my add-on instead of kodis library Smile
Mmmm
it just nice to see music with artwork.. from the skin
ALso widgets rock

but if only addon, then that wont work i guess
(2016-04-20, 19:24)Skank Wrote: Mmmm
it just nice to see music with artwork.. from the skin
ALso widgets rock

but if only addon, then that wont work i guess

Sadly no and there's not a whole lot I can do about it right now.
No problem mate

Just an idea: add a youtube movie in first post, to show your addon
Wink
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Play Music - From scratch1