• 194(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-04-22, 15:25)hdmkv Wrote: All 3D lovers, go vote in this CNET poll!

NOT BAD SO FAR

Would you care if 3D is not a feature on your next TV?

Goodbye and good riddance. 27%

Nooo! I love my 3D! 45%

3D? That's still a thing? 28%
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
So I re-did most of post #1. Chart is gone, and have just 3 recommended 3D player types now for users. Did I miss anything? Disagree with anything? Feedback welcome.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Yes Total Cost (inc Software) would be a very good idea IMHO to see how much Coin people are up for just to get Frame Packed 3D on a Kodi platform.

@hdmkv

as for the sentence "The best 3D PQ you'll ever see! Seriously" on Intel hardware.
How exactly is the 3D picture quality so much better than on all other players? I personally have not been able to see a difference in 3D playback on my Pioneer BD or the Pi or even the A-400 or Mede8er I have or had.

What is the difference? Why especially in 3D. I know it is hard to explain, but please try.

Thanks.
I'll take that out, and try to keep it less subjective Wink. But, try a compatible Intel h/w and you'll see. Just very detailed, excellent depth, and perfectly balanced saturation. Our video guru @wesk05, plus @Skank, @movie78 and I all see this. PQ is rather subjective, but just something special about Intel for 3D playback.

(2016-04-23, 10:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes Total Cost (inc Software) would be a very good idea IMHO to see how much Coin people are up for just to get Frame Packed 3D on a Kodi platform.
Great suggestion, thanks.
My HT
Seeing is believing and you are correct not being subjective. When you have more than one option you notice the difference and when hardware and software come together it's a beautiful thing .
has anyone actually been able to get this to work yet running windows 10 on a HTPC, i've tried two versions of jarvis and the latest 17 nightly and it just plays my 3D MVC MKV files in 2d, any help would be appreciated as I just shelled out to buy windows 10 specifically for this as I was told it doesnt work with windows 7.
(2016-04-23, 17:14)stoolzo Wrote: has anyone actually been able to get this to work yet running windows 10 on a HTPC, i've tried two versions of jarvis and the latest 17 nightly and it just plays my 3D MVC MKV files in 2d, any help would be appreciated as I just shelled out to buy windows 10 specifically for this as I was told it doesnt work with windows 7.

yes it runs perfect if you have the needed hardware
Yep, perfection! See this thread.

Post #1 here re-updated. Thanks for the suggestions.
My HT
(2016-04-23, 17:32)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, perfection! See this thread.

whats changelog? too many text to see difference, if you could add changelogs, its easier to see
Basically removed the large table/chart, and only recommending 3 options for 3D: Intel h/w, Q10 Pro or RPi3. Gone are Zidoo, VidOn solutions, half-rez AML solutions, etc.
My HT
(2016-04-23, 17:32)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, perfection! See this thread.

Much better!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
So I've been trying to find a system that meets the criteria set by the OP for a while now, and I've come away very frustrated. The closest thing I've found yet is the raspberry pi 3, but even with that I'm having a deal breaking issue (VC1 encoded MKVs show intermittent but very annoying artifacts). Thinking about going back to a Windows machine, but I don't want to rely on a Kodi test build that appears to be no longer in active development.

Is there no reliable, stable solution out there for streaming bluray MKVs with HD audio and MVC 3D?
(2016-04-25, 09:05)filmgeek47 Wrote: So I've been trying to find a system that meets the criteria set by the OP for a while now, and I've come away very frustrated. The closest thing I've found yet is the raspberry pi 3, but even with that I'm having a deal breaking issue (VC1 encoded MKVs show intermittent but very annoying artifacts). Thinking about going back to a Windows machine, but I don't want to rely on a Kodi test build that appears to be no longer in active development.

Is there no reliable, stable solution out there for streaming bluray MKVs with HD audio and MVC 3D?

There shouldn't be issues with VC-1 on the Pi 3 (unlike lots of other platforms - e.g. x86 Linux - it handles interlaced VC-1 properly for instance). Have you reported the issues in the Pi development forum, along with a log? The Pi developers have, in the past, used this information to fix other issues.
(2016-04-25, 09:05)filmgeek47 Wrote: Is there no reliable, stable solution out there for streaming bluray MKVs with HD audio and MVC 3D?
Sure there is.
The MVC build is still being worked on, afedchin has just decided to not have an active thread for it and who could blame him? Honestly I'd rather have him work in the 'shadows' and not have to deal with the whining then to stop completely.
With that said, the latest build from 4/20 is perfect for 3D and I'm still doing some testing for the 2D stuff. I have some issues of choppiness on some content but not on others so I can't find a pattern yet but it could very well be my NUC just being to weak but if it's the case that would be very strange since the 3D is just spot on and the bitrates are much bigger that my 2D stuff...
I need to install Jarvis in portable mode to see if I see the same issues.

As you can see in my signature I also have a Pi2 but it's just not cutting it for me as I'm a big fan of Aeon Madnox and because of the 1gig of ram on the Pi, it's very sluggish.
The other issue with it is no Atmos/DTS-X.

But if you don't care about immersive audio and heavy skins then the Pi is great.
Btw, doesn't VC-1 need a codec on the Pi? I forgot...

And finally, if you have an Intel then you should definitely try the 4/20 build, you'll be surprised how good it is already from such a young project.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17