• 48(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-22, 21:28)dukester Wrote: ive been using Estuary since it was released but have now moved to Estuary Mod, its basically the new stock skin with all the extra fan art, atmos/dtsx tags animated posters and custom home menus.

Have to check it tonight...Cool

What is the file name for DTS:X and ATMOS?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-22, 21:33)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-22, 21:28)dukester Wrote: ive been using Estuary since it was released but have now moved to Estuary Mod, its basically the new stock skin with all the extra fan art, atmos/dtsx tags animated posters and custom home menus.

Have to check it tonight...Cool

What is the file name for DTS:X and ATMOS?

not positive on dts:x but ".atmos: in filename triggers atmos tag. i think its ".dtsx" for dts:x
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
How do you guy use the other skins?
I dropped in the addons folder: Aeon Nox MQ6 and Estuary Mod but when I go to change the skin, I don't see them as option.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-04-23, 00:43)ArieS Wrote: How do you guy use the other skins?
I dropped in the addons folder: Aeon Nox MQ6 and Estuary Mod but when I go to change the skin, I don't see them as option.

I installed both from the add-ons menu install from zip file
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
There are no windows/intel drivers for Braswell hardware video decode. It exists in linux which is why libreelec works.

(2016-04-22, 17:00)Mylo75 Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 19:34)hdmkv Wrote: Try enabling debug logging, then re-watch same video(s)... I have a suspicion there will be no stuttering. I haven't had a chance to test 0420 build yet, but that's what happened w/me on Dell 3050 and i3 NUC w/build just before this.

Yea tried that but no better.

I've noticed the 4 cores are running at 100% when playing back the 3d iso. On libreelec each core never goes over 10% during playback.

The man of steel is the only 3d iso that plays perfectly, I've ripped all my 3d blurays to iso with dvdfab using identical settings each time.

HuhHuhHuh
Mq6 HuhHuhHuh??
Had to sub as I am still fine tuning my NUC and trying to optimise it:

NUC: NUC5PPYH (N3700)
RAM: Kingston KVR16LS11/8 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
SSD: Crucial M550 SSD
Blu Ray/DVD: Lite On Blu Ray Burner (this has a USB 3.0 to Sata Cable 22 Pin 7+15pin connector)
Display: Panasonic TH-P50ST50A

OS is still Win7 as I got burnt to much after about 6months of "testing" Win10 and drivers kept getting overwritten and kept losing AUDIO.

That was 5-6months ago and I have seen ways to stop that rubbish.

I another thread I have been able to significantly improve my video streaming and reduce playback buffering:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269162

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>1500000000</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
@BoldEagle are you connected via wifi or 100mb link or something? I've never had to adjust any buffer sizes for smooth streaming playback of bluray isos.
Watched two 3D movies today, and sampled a few more, and I'm not seeing any difference between leaving 'Use fullscreen window' disabled or enabled. As the wiki says "Uses a bit more resources and playback may be slightly less smooth"... I'm leaving it disabled.

Two movies I watched:
- 'Bait', which I had never gotten around to see. What a fun thriller, with medium-to-strong 3D
- 'Nitro Circus', which @looun had recommended. Pretty amazing 3D, especially with those insane stunts!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-23, 19:26)Statikk Wrote: @BoldEagle are you connected via wifi or 100mb link or something? I've never had to adjust any buffer sizes for smooth streaming playback of bluray isos.

No it was FTTP>LAN (100Mbit)>NUC.

I did assume it was the source but since changing my settings streaming is so much better.
can somebody check bookmark use pls?
this is buffering for me for ages and not working in mvc build
it does work in regular krypton build

anyone can confirm?
Can you explain more? Are you saying if you use Kodi's bookmark feature and jump to one of those bookmarks, playback starts to buffer? Does it stutter?

In my case, jumping to different chapters does not cause any buffering or stutters.
My Family Room Theater
I have just completed my testing of the latest Beta Release (dated April 20, 2016) for a viable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback. And as others report, the playback was usable, but not without persistent problems. I chose to buy a later i5 Intel Nuc (model NUC5i5RYH)... based on what other reviewers have commented, I was curious how it would perform. My system setup is listed below in my signature. I agree with other viewers that the picture quality is superb, but playback comes at a price as people test out the Kodi modifications with the newer hardware.

I tested 3D MVC playback with both 3D MVC ISO files and 3D MVC mkv files with differing results. Almost all of the problems have been reported to some degree in earlier posts. 3D mkv files playback the best, but with the following problems...

1) The picture quality is excellent, but 3D artifacts exist with MKV playback, in particular there are Left-Right eye artifacts that hamper the 3D images almost as if the Left and Right eye images were reversed (which they are not). Changing the Left to right eye image for 3D playback does not affect the problem. The problem is annoying, intermittent, and sometimes is fixed with restarting playback. But I have not found a reproducible way to fix the problem with 3D mkv files.

2) Until I added a re-sync delay when changing screen refresh rates (0.5 seconds) whenever I stopped the 3D playback the display would turn off 3D, but then turn is back on sometimes with all sorts of playback issues. Adding the re-sync delay solved that problem for the most part.

3) As others have noted there are audio sync issues, but only when chapter/time skipping, or after fast forward or reversing. Restarting 3D mkv movie playback most of the time fixes the problem, but not always. Changing the active audio soundtrack does not affect the audio syncing problem. If I don't skip forward or back the sound remains in sync.

The 3D ISO files playback have really bad issues to deal with...

1) The worse problem does not directly involve the 3D playback. But when 3D playback is turned off Kodi immediately turns it back on again when ending movie playback despite having (or not having) a re-sync delay in place. Most of the time my LG OLED display notifies me that 3D was turned back on again, but not always. Without a 3D source that hardware only shows a 2D picture. But the really bad problem is that video of 2D movies no longer plays back properly - instead the screen changes to a set of yellow to green vertical bars covering most or all of the screen. The HD audio of the 2D movies still plays back fine. But from then on all 2D Kodi playback of videos are distorted this way. Restarting Kodi does not fix the problem. Completely uninstalling then reinstalling Kodi also does not fix the problem. Plex movie playback is also affected by this problem the same way Kodi is. Only VLC movie playback is not affected. The only way I was able to fix the playback issue was to reset the Intel Graphic Drivers by completely uninstalling them, restarting the Nuc, then completely reinstalling and reconfiguring the Intel Graphic Drivers as per instructions in the beginning of this and other threads. Changing the version of the installed Intel Graphic Drivers from the most recent beta driver, to fixed drivers downloaded from the Intel web site, or using the Intel Driver Installation Utility does not affect the problem.

2) Chapter and time skipping through 3D ISO movies is excruciatingly slow - up to 2 or 3 minutes to complete. On the upside of this slowness is the fact that the Video and Audio playback always remain in sync with each other, so there is no audio sync issues with 3D ISO file playback.

3) The 3D artifacts that I mentioned earlier occurring with the 3D mkv file playback also occur with 3D ISO file playback, but less frequently. And unlike with 3D mkv files, restarting the 3D ISO movie usually fixes the problem. Also skipping time or chapters may fix the problem, but not as predictably.

All-in-all I think that the native KODI 3D MVC playback modifications are slowly getting better with each iteration of the software. I only hope that new releases continue to come out.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
Have you tried w/'Use fullscreen window' disabled and enabled? Assume you applied all the settings as shown in post #1? I'm surprised you're seeing lip-sync error on an i5.

Re: right-eye titles, some of them don't auto-flipeyes. 'Bait' 3D for example! Too bad there isn't a dev thread to report this in anymore.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-25, 03:01)hdmkv Wrote: Have you tried w/'Use fullscreen window' disabled and enabled? Assume you applied all the settings as shown in post #1? I'm surprised you're seeing lip-sync error on an i5.

Re: right-eye titles, some of them don't auto-flipeyes. 'Bait' 3D for example! Too bad there isn't a dev thread to report this in anymore.

Thanks for the reply - I have tried both fullscreen disabled and enabled - and none of the problems are affected. I have gone over all settings from post #1 and made sure they are set correctly. The lip sync problems are generated by the time skipping through out the movie and only with mkv files. Due to the different way Kodi handles time skipping, the ISO files' video visibly re-syncs with the audio seemingly speeding up or slowing down as needed. This same type of behavior is not seen with MKV 3D files playback.

The 3D image problem is close to inverting the right and left eye images but not exactly. It's as if only some of the background images are inverted, usually not the main image. But this image problem occurs in BOTH left image first (the most common type of 3D file) and right image first. Reversing the left and right eyes using the LG OLED settings does not fix the problem, and most of the time makes it worse.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10