• 49(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-25, 02:12)hdmkv Wrote: Can you explain more? Are you saying if you use Kodi's bookmark feature and jump to one of those bookmarks, playback starts to buffer? Does it stutter?

In my case, jumping to different chapters does not cause any buffering or stutters.

When i use 3d mvc build (you know..) i cant use bookmarks cause it hangs on "buffering message"
if i use normal krypton build, i have no problems
tested on 2 systems
(2016-04-23, 01:02)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-23, 00:43)ArieS Wrote: How do you guy use the other skins?
I dropped in the addons folder: Aeon Nox MQ6 and Estuary Mod but when I go to change the skin, I don't see them as option.

I installed both from the add-ons menu install from zip file
Right, I'm so used to Aeon Madnox that you need to drop in the addons folder that I forgot most other skins need to be installed from zip. Thanks bud Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-04-25, 02:42)ppoulos Wrote: I have just completed my testing of the latest Beta Release (dated April 20, 2016) for a viable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback. And as others report, the playback was usable, but not without persistent problems. I chose to buy a later i5 Intel Nuc (model NUC5i5RYH)... based on what other reviewers have commented, I was curious how it would perform. My system setup is listed below in my signature. I agree with other viewers that the picture quality is superb, but playback comes at a price as people test out the Kodi modifications with the newer hardware.
Didn't want to quote your whole post.
This is very strange you're having all these issues with an i5.

Here's my experience so far:
The latest build from 4/20 is perfect for 3D from MKVs (if you don't mess with chapters as if I do that then I need to Rewind a bit to get the audio synched again) and I'm still doing some testing for the 2D stuff. I have some issues of choppiness on some content but not on others so I can't find a pattern yet but it could very well be my NUC just being too weak but if it's the case that would be very strange since the 3D is just spot on and the bitrates are much bigger that my 2D stuff...
I need to install Jarvis in portable mode to see if I see the same issues.

Edit: I forgot to add. The PQ on the Intel runs circles around the PQ on my AMD A8.
On the AMD, I get crushed blacks with some compression artifacts even on 1:1 copies of Bluray discs.
On the Intel, the blacks are just how they should be, black and deep. They are even like that on Blurays that I have reencoded with Handbrake with an avg bitrate of 9000.
Don't even want to turn the AMD on, anymore Tongue
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
fwiw skipping/jumping chapters/ ff/rr is breaking playback alot for me in these last few builds so its not a 0420 build issue, nor does it have anything to do wth lip sync i think but i get alot of the "buffering icon" waiting when i try and skip throiugh to certain parts of 3d iso files, it usually never recovers,i have to skip foreword and then back or try and mess with play/pause to get it playing again. Its not a buffer or network issue because the buffer fills completely in under a second. FF/RR/Play/Pause/skip/seek/jump are glitchly i guess you could say.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
@ppoulos, I'd also make sure you have nothing CPU-intensive running in the background... Windows update, non-system/process programs.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-25, 13:19)dukester Wrote: fwiw skipping/jumping chapters/ ff/rr is breaking playback alot for me in these last few builds so its not a 0420 build issue, nor does it have anything to do wth lip sync i think but i get alot of the "buffering icon" waiting when i try and skip throiugh to certain parts of 3d iso files, it usually never recovers,i have to skip foreword and then back or try and mess with play/pause to get it playing again. Its not a buffer or network issue because the buffer fills completely in under a second. FF/RR/Play/Pause/skip/seek/jump are glitchly i guess you could say.

yeah for me it doesnt work either
although in the non 3d mvc build, so the normal krypton build, i dont have those issues
(2016-04-25, 13:45)Skank Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 13:19)dukester Wrote: fwiw skipping/jumping chapters/ ff/rr is breaking playback alot for me in these last few builds so its not a 0420 build issue, nor does it have anything to do wth lip sync i think but i get alot of the "buffering icon" waiting when i try and skip throiugh to certain parts of 3d iso files, it usually never recovers,i have to skip foreword and then back or try and mess with play/pause to get it playing again. Its not a buffer or network issue because the buffer fills completely in under a second. FF/RR/Play/Pause/skip/seek/jump are glitchly i guess you could say.

yeah for me it doesnt work either
although in the non 3d mvc build, so the normal krypton build, i dont have those issues

i posted a log in the windows forum, i remember having this issue back on rpi maybe 6 months ago using popcornmix builds but it went away as videoplayer support progressed
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-25, 10:55)ArieS Wrote: [quote='ppoulos' pid='2319753' dateline='1461544923']

Edit: I forgot to add. The PQ on the Intel runs circles around the PQ on my AMD A8.
On the AMD, I get crushed blacks with some compression artifacts even on 1:1 copies of Bluray discs.
On the Intel, the blacks are just how they should be, black and deep. They are even like that on Blurays that I have reencoded with Handbrake with an avg bitrate of 9000.
Don't even want to turn the AMD on, anymore Tongue

Then i guess Intel is the way to go...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-25, 13:44)hdmkv Wrote: @ppoulos, I'd also make sure you have nothing CPU-intensive running in the background... Windows update, non-system/process programs.

Yes, when I installed Windows 10 Home Version I tried to disable most of Microsoft's automatic updates, etc. So nothing is supposed to run in the background on my Nuc except for Kodi related processes. But I would expect the i5 processor to be able to handle that load. I will check again. Thanks for the suggestion.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
I considered getting NUC5i5RYH NUC, but settled on D34010WYK NUC. So, if i3 performs well, i5 should easily. Have an i5-4570 laptop that does.

May be graphics driver issue. Are you on this driver?
My HT
(2016-04-25, 15:50)hdmkv Wrote: I considered getting NUC5i5RYH NUC, but settled on D34010WYK NUC. So, if i3 performs well, i5 should easily. Have an i5-4570 laptop that does.

May be graphics driver issue. Are you on this driver?

Yes actually... and I have tried the Intel Beta Graphics driver suggested in an earlier post, and used the Intel Driver Update Utility to download the "latest" Graphics driver - all three versions act the same and have the same problems.
With my nuc6i3syk i cant confirm your problems...
Was feeling a little bored this weekend, so I decided to get some new hardware, I hope this can hold me off until KabyLake comes out.Big Grin

Bought.
D34010WYK NUC i3-4010u 4th GEN
16 GB RAM ( Cosair)
120GB mSata Scandisk
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-25, 16:07)DeejayT Wrote: With my nuc6i3syk i cant confirm your problems...

Maybe the difference is between your i3-6100U processor/Graphics Driver and my i5-5250U processor/Graphics Driver. I hope that is not the case, but may be the faster i5 processors/Graphics Drivers have more problems with the current Kodi 3D MVC release.
(2016-04-25, 16:01)ppoulos Wrote: Yes actually... and I have tried the Intel Beta Graphics driver suggested in an earlier post, and used the Intel Driver Update Utility to download the "latest" Graphics driver - all three versions act the same and have the same problems.
Hmm, hope it isn't an issue w/hardware. Only thing left to suggest is trying an earlier MVC build. April 13, 11 and 1 worked well for most if I recall correctly.

(2016-04-25, 16:11)movie78 Wrote: Was feeling a little bored this weekend, so I decided to get some new hardware, I hope this can hold me off until KabyLake comes out.Big Grin

Bought.
D34010WYK NUC i3-4010u 4th GEN
16 GB RAM ( Cosair)
120GB mSata Scandisk
You are bad, LOL Wink Big Grin! ... the only graphics/audio driver combo that seems to work w/D34010WYK is GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540.zip.
My HT
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10