• 195(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-04-25, 10:14)ArieS Wrote: Btw, doesn't VC-1 need a codec on the Pi? I forgot...

Yes - VC-1 requires the £1.20 VC-1 codec licence. MPEG2 requires the £2.40 MPEG2 codec licence (there is software decode functionality but it is sub-par).

The big advantage the Pi has over some other platforms (not Windows) is that it handles VC-1 interlaced content. Lots of platforms (Linux on the x86) struggle with this - and quite a few TV Blu-ray releases use this format.
(2016-04-25, 10:41)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 10:14)ArieS Wrote: Btw, doesn't VC-1 need a codec on the Pi? I forgot...

Yes - VC-1 requires the £1.20 VC-1 codec licence. MPEG2 requires the £2.40 MPEG2 codec licence (there is software decode functionality but it is sub-par).

The big advantage the Pi has over some other platforms (not Windows) is that it handles VC-1 interlaced content. Lots of platforms (Linux on the x86) struggle with this - and quite a few TV Blu-ray releases use this format.
Right. So couldn't that be filmgeek's problem?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Likely yes. VC-1 playback is quite choppy w/o the h/w decode license. For about $5 total, worth getting both MPEG2 and VC-1 here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
After a quick 3D playback testing on the Himedia Q10 Pro vs The Intel NUC 3D MVC Build, there is no question that these are the top two players in the market.

If you are in the market for 3D MVC media player, as suggested by @hdmkv in page 1.

1-Windows 3D MVC (preferred hardware Intel) plus the awesome PQ
2- Himedia Q10 Pro (Android) easy setup , just need a few tweaks.
3-Raspeberry Pi 2/3 ( maybe if ATMOS/DTS:X is not important to you)

Done!!!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-25, 15:55)movie78 Wrote: After a quick 3D playback testing on the Himedia Q10 Pro vs The Intel NUC 3D MVC Build, there is no question that these are the top two players in the market.

If you are in the market for 3D MVC media player, as suggested by @hdmkv in page 1.

1-Windows 3D MVC (preferred hardware Intel) plus the awesome PQ
2- Himedia Q10 Pro (Android) easy setup , just need a few tweaks.
3-Raspeberry Pi 2/3 ( maybe if ATMOS/DTS:X is not important to you)

Done!!!!!

Q10 pro does need to mature a bit further though...have some issues with bdmv format (not all but some + the microstuttering...)
Yep, those 3 are really it.

With Q10 Pro, they have some key issues to fix:
- HDR (there's already a Chinese f/w that's supposed to fix this)
- Flip-eyes (supposed to be in next official firmware)
- Microstutters (this one will likely take a while to fix)
- Vertical bands on left/right edges of 3D

But, not bad at all considering Q10 Pro just came out. Seems they did raise the price though. If UyeSee comes though w/their lower-cost Hi3798C V200 S500 box, and S600 w/HDD, then may provide some price relief.
My HT
(2016-04-25, 16:13)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, those 3 are really it.

But, not bad at all considering Q10 Pro just came out. Seems they did raise the price though. If UyeSee comes though w/their lower-cost Hi3798C V200 S500 box, and S600 w/HDD, then may provide some price relief.

add that bdmv format issue
You may not be seeing it, but for me its a big deal, and no this is no rip error
(2016-04-25, 16:30)Skank Wrote:

You may not be seeing it, but for me its a big deal, and no this is no rip error

Why don't use imageburn to convert it to ISO?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-04-25, 16:31)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 16:30)Skank Wrote:

Honestly, i hate when people say "you should convert to". You know what? If 3d doesnt work, just convert
If hd audio doesnt work, just convert..
Why should i convert anyway, it should just play.... other players do..

I think it's a wrong opinion if you need to change the files to be played by the player
No its the other way around, the player should change things, if it doesnt play...

Iso is heavier, and dead, so no + the amount of extra work to convert

it should just play as other players do
Added to spreadsheet for HiMedia.
My HT
(2016-04-25, 16:45)Skank Wrote: Iso is heavier, and dead, so no + the amount of extra work to convert

Hehe... Because BDMV is alive and kicking, of course Wink
I never understood myself why people would rip to a BDMV / VIDEO_TS folder structure...
(2016-04-25, 16:45)Skank Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 16:31)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 16:30)Skank Wrote: add that bdmv format issue

Honestly, i hate when people say "you should convert to". You know what? If 3d doesnt work, just convert
If hd audio doesnt work, just convert..
Why should i convert anyway, it should just play.... other players do..

I think it's a wrong opinion if you need to change the files to be played by the player
No its the other way around, the player should change things, if it doesnt play...

Iso is heavier, and dead, so no + the amount of extra work to convert

it should just play as other players do

I do agree with your point, but I haven't use BDMV and this a solid ISO file is less vulnerable to get corrupted, Just like @afedchin our AMD hardware didn't work so we bought Intel HardwareBlush problem resolved.

With the Himedia Q10 Pro i had issues with playback through Kodi SMB connection, but adding and creating a mounting with internal LAN works the same.
(2016-04-25, 09:25)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 09:05)filmgeek47 Wrote: So I've been trying to find a system that meets the criteria set by the OP for a while now, and I've come away very frustrated. The closest thing I've found yet is the raspberry pi 3, but even with that I'm having a deal breaking issue (VC1 encoded MKVs show intermittent but very annoying artifacts). Thinking about going back to a Windows machine, but I don't want to rely on a Kodi test build that appears to be no longer in active development.

Is there no reliable, stable solution out there for streaming bluray MKVs with HD audio and MVC 3D?

There shouldn't be issues with VC-1 on the Pi 3 (unlike lots of other platforms - e.g. x86 Linux - it handles interlaced VC-1 properly for instance). Have you reported the issues in the Pi development forum, along with a log? The Pi developers have, in the past, used this information to fix other issues.

Thanks for the reply. I've posted more detailed info on the problem in the openelec forums (didn't include a log though, I'll have to figure out how to access that). Are you suggesting it'd be best to post the issue with the developers of the pi hardware?
I'd prefer to keep everything in MKV, but use ISO's just for 3D as players like HiMedia Q10 Pro don't support MVC MKV's like Kodi MVC builds and Milhouse RPi builds.

Have requested HiMedia to add MVC MKV support, which should be fairly easy as it's just a different container. Just need a filename tag like 'MVC' I'd think, or to look for this in the file...

Code:
Format profile: Stereo [email protected] / [email protected]
MultiView_Count: 2
My HT
(2016-04-25, 10:14)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 09:05)filmgeek47 Wrote: Is there no reliable, stable solution out there for streaming bluray MKVs with HD audio and MVC 3D?
Sure there is.
The MVC build is still being worked on, afedchin has just decided to not have an active thread for it and who could blame him? Honestly I'd rather have him work in the 'shadows' and not have to deal with the whining then to stop completely.
With that said, the latest build from 4/20 is perfect for 3D and I'm still doing some testing for the 2D stuff. I have some issues of choppiness on some content but not on others so I can't find a pattern yet but it could very well be my NUC just being to weak but if it's the case that would be very strange since the 3D is just spot on and the bitrates are much bigger that my 2D stuff...
I need to install Jarvis in portable mode to see if I see the same issues.

As you can see in my signature I also have a Pi2 but it's just not cutting it for me as I'm a big fan of Aeon Madnox and because of the 1gig of ram on the Pi, it's very sluggish.
The other issue with it is no Atmos/DTS-X.

But if you don't care about immersive audio and heavy skins then the Pi is great.
Btw, doesn't VC-1 need a codec on the Pi? I forgot...

And finally, if you have an Intel then you should definitely try the 4/20 build, you'll be surprised how good it is already from such a young project.

Thank you for the extra info. I misinterpreted the thread closure as saying he was done, so that's a bit of good news :-)

Regarding my pi issue, yes I know that VC1 requires the codec license. I've got it installed and verified that it's active. Most of the time the files are playing perfectly fine. But every minute or so, I'll get a couple of frames that look like they've been pixelated. It's always in the same place every time I play those files, but the issues aren't present when viewing those files on other non-pi devices.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17