• 13(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-04-29, 16:23)MaDeMaNN Wrote: Yes I selected all at first then I unchecked the AC3 capable option and it still only showed stereo on my receiver. Thanks
I think you may have it a bit backwards, just check Audio Passthrough and AC3 to begin with and test.
It definitely does work.
Is your C2 connected directly to the Audio Equipment via HDMI ?

Yeah I have it connected to my Pioneer SC-95. I started by using the img you posted on the odroid forum then did the update patch. Maybe I should try to reflash it again? Thank again for your help.

Sent from my iPhone
Just tried LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Yadif.DVD.VC1.tar wrxtasy - what software decode do you think should be decoding via YADIF 2x. I can't find any setting that properly deinterlaces 50i to 50p. It all seems to be 1x deinterlace (i.e. half motion)
All I could find in the Linux code was half-yadif and yadif. There was no yadif 2x
I will have a closer look in the GLES section of the code to see if 2x can be output.

I have no 50i content to test on either to see what results you are getting.

(2016-04-30, 03:37)wrxtasy Wrote: All I could find in the Linux code was half-yadif and yadif. There was no yadif 2x
I will have a closer look in the GLES section of the code to see if 2x can be output.
Could be a semantic issue. Half-Yadif and Yadif could be equivalent to Yadif 1x and 2x respectively. (Depends whether you think about fields or frames and whether you think about output frame rate or input frame rate)

Source is 50i (aka i25) which is 25 interlaced frames every second, consisting of 50 interlaced fields.

Half-Yadif or Yadif 1x will deinterlace 50i to 25p I suspect - which will halve the 'temporal' resolution (i.e. the motion rendition will be half that of the source material)
Yadif or Yadif 2x will deinterlace 50i to 50p I suspect - which will retain the full 'temporal' resolution (i.e. an output frame will be produced for every input field - so the frame rate is doubled)

** EDIT : However on re-watching, there are some odd artefacts on the deinterlaced content - as though it's not quite achieving it or is being scaled a bit - as there are some combing artefacts, but not as large as you would expect **

Quote:I have no 50i content to test on either to see what results you are getting.
The clip I PMed you is mainly 50i native and plays with ff-mpeg2video. It's 50i native when it enters the arena at around 45" in, and continues to be 50i from then on. You can clearly see it's being rendered with 25Hz not 50Hz motion - the camera moves have 25Hz judder, as do all the flags waving (i.e. it looks like a movie not a TV show). I can guarantee you that if you play that clip in VLC with YADIF 2x deinterlacing enabled, or on a Pi with OMX decode and either Bob or MMAL Advanced deinterlacing enabled you'll see the difference. All the motion is half the refresh rate you'd expect on properly deinterlaced 50i. There are also artefacts on fast lighting/luminance changes.

(This is assuming you aren't watching on a TV that makes 25Hz look like 50Hz through motion interpolation - like Motion Flow, Clear Motion, Natural Motion etc.)

** Have PMed you with links to the same clip deinterlaced to 25p and 50p to demonstrate the motion differences between the two **
Here is a couple screenshots of the settings I am currently using let me know if I have done something wrong. I first installed this img LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.img and then I updated using this tar file LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Final.The.Fixer.tar.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Settings
Settings2

(2016-04-29, 16:52)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 16:23)MaDeMaNN Wrote: Yes I selected all at first then I unchecked the AC3 capable option and it still only showed stereo on my receiver. Thanks
I think you may have it a bit backwards, just check Audio Passthrough and AC3 to begin with and test.
It definitely does work.
Is your C2 connected directly to the Audio Equipment via HDMI ?
@ MaDeMaNN, all the Audio settings look fine to me. Maybe put the sampling rate back to 48.0, not sure if it will make a difference.
Out of curiosity does the HDMI cable you are using have an ARC channel in it ?

@noggin, hot out of the iMac Virtual Box...

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.0.Yadif.DVD.v2.tar

This also has a Proper Frame Rate Automation re-enabled thanks to a Kernel patch from Kerber(Alex) Smile

Just tried it - sadly no improvement. None of the options in deinterlacing are giving 50i to 50p. And in YADIF there is something very bad going on with the vertical resolution - it looks like it's throwing away every other field and line-doubling or worse. Comparing it to the same content played back on a Pi 3 or the deinterlaced files I created it's clear the motion is still half field-rate.
*** EDIT - I had deinterlace set to ON, not AUTO. If you have it to AUTO things work !***

Looking at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/6ffe6d...FFmpeg.cpp Line 486 has the correct YADIF parameters for a source field->output frame conversion, which will be 50i to 50p.
Code:
m_filters_next = "yadif=1:-1";

What parameters are you sending? If you are sending
Code:
m_filters_next = "yadif=0:-1";
that will be source frame->output frame conversion which will be 50i to 25p.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#yadif-1 has the YADIF config for ffmpeg
Code:
9.154 yadif
Deinterlace the input video ("yadif" means "yet another deinterlacing filter").

It accepts the following parameters:

mode
The interlacing mode to adopt. It accepts one of the following values:

0, send_frame
Output one frame for each frame.

1, send_field
Output one frame for each field.

2, send_frame_nospatial
Like send_frame, but it skips the spatial interlacing check.

3, send_field_nospatial
Like send_field, but it skips the spatial interlacing check.

The default value is send_frame.

parity
The picture field parity assumed for the input interlaced video. It accepts one of the following values:

0, tff
Assume the top field is first.

1, bff
Assume the bottom field is first.

-1, auto
Enable automatic detection of field parity.

The default value is auto. If the interlacing is unknown or the decoder does not export this information, top field first will be assumed.

deint
Specify which frames to deinterlace. Accept one of the following values:

0, all
Deinterlace all frames.

1, interlaced
Only deinterlace frames marked as interlaced.

The default value is all.

So you want parameters of "1:-1" (to do a 2x YADIF on frames that are detected as interlaced, and automatically detect top field or bottom field first)
It should Auto select the correct one, but looks like it is not. That is the correct part of the code, I will take a look again...

Ignore me. It's working. I had deinterlace to ON not Auto. With deinterlace on Auto it's correctly doing it.

All 4 CPUs all sitting between 30 and 80%

FANTASTIC WORK!!!!
Finally ! Smile

Thanks for all the help testing, and eagle eyeing what to look for.

DVD ISO playback has been a thorn in your and my side for quite a while now.
It been a bloody good week for bug busting on the C2 AML S905.

Happy to use it as my daily Kodi player now.
Speedy little buggers these S905's running LibreELEC, especially with a eMMC Flash Card.

(2016-04-30, 15:22)wrxtasy Wrote: Finally ! Smile

Thanks for all the help testing, and eagle eyeing what to look for.

DVD ISO playback has been a thorn in your and my side for quite a while now.
It been a bloody good week for bug busting on the C2 AML S905.

Happy to use it as my daily Kodi player now.
Speedy little buggers these S905's running LibreELEC, especially with a eMMC Flash Card.

Yes. The C2 is moving up my list now too! Just got to get PCM multichannel and DTS-HD MA and then it's pretty much a best-in-class player as long as you don't need 3D (and I don't really) and at the price it's ridiculous.

(Question is whether we can get the same builds booting on other S905 devices that are now running LE - like the MiniMX - though that only has 1GB RAM)
Yes the Tv and receiver has arc. Let me try the 48 setting. Thanks again.

[quote='wrxtasy' pid='2324699' dateline='1462019819']
@ MaDeMaNN, all the Audio settings look fine to me. Maybe put the sampling rate back to 48.0, not sure if it will make a difference.
Out of curiosity does the HDMI cable you are using have an ARC channel in it?]
Ok I was able to get Dolby True HD and Atmos but can't DTS HD master to work. As soon as I click both DTS and DTS HD I get no audio. If I click only DTS the receiver lights up DTS if I uncheck that and only click DTS HD it only shows Dolby surround. Wonder what it could be?

Sent from my iPhone
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610