• 21(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-01, 14:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 13:41)Ollo Wrote: I use HifiberryDigi+ for DTS passtrough which works nicely as long as OMXplayer is disabled. However Dolby AC3 passthrough only works with OMXplayer enabled but this mess up the DTS passtrough. If OMXplay is enabled I only get a high frequent static noise (PCM32kHz according to my Sony receiver) when playing DTS files.

Not really understanding this. OMXPlayer doesn't support Hifiberry (or any ALSA device) at all.
If you enable HifiberryDigi in system/audio settings then OMXPlayer won't be used, so the OMXPlayer setting will have no effect.

Sorry I forget to mention that I use two optical inputs at the receiver. One from HifiberryDigi and one from my Philips TV.

These are the settings:
Audio output device: HDMI
Number of channels: 2
Enable passtrough: true
Passtrough output device: ALSA (Hifiberry)
Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver: true

OMXPlayer disabled: DTS ok, AC3 not
OMXPlayer enabled: DTS static noise, AC3 OK
(2016-05-01, 12:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 09:22)nexusle Wrote: Hi @Milhouse

The splash video isn't displayed in full length at boot of my Raspberry Pi. Is the a hack to see the whole video at startup?

Yes the hack is there, but for some reason it doesn't always work for everyone. I wonder if the video player is crashing or ending early for some reason, maybe an unexpected refresh rate change (wild guess).

I think my Pi boots too fast?
(2016-05-01, 14:25)Ollo Wrote: OMXPlayer disabled: DTS ok, AC3 not

Does this equate to:
HifiBerry: DTS ok, AC3 not
HDMI: DTS static noise, AC3 OK

?
(2016-05-01, 14:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 14:25)Ollo Wrote: OMXPlayer disabled: DTS ok, AC3 not

Does this equate to:
HifiBerry: DTS ok, AC3 not
HDMI: DTS static noise, AC3 OK

?
Yes. More detailed if OMXplayer is disabled the receiver detects Dolby AC3 but without sound using Hifiberry.

I searched a little further:
Is this patch http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218913 part of the current builds. Should AC3 work with just MMAL enabled using PI>TV>AC3 receiver and HDMI passtrough?
(2016-05-01, 14:28)nexusle Wrote: I think my Pi boots too fast?

Kodi is supposed to wait until the video player process disappears from the process list. The video player should always start before Kodi, and the video player should disappear once the video has played out in full. If you are not seeing the whole video, then this suggests the video player process terminated (disappeared) before the end of the video. About the only other possibility, and I don't know why or how this could happen, is that Kodi is starting before the video player so that when Kodi queries if the video player is still running it sees nothing running and continues without any delay - the video player may then eventually start, and you see only the first half of the video (or something). This would actually suggest your system is booting really slowly, or in some weird order.

I'll add "ulimit -c unlimited" to kodi-splash.sh in the next build, if the video player is crashing then we should get a core dump.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-29, 10:48)username145 Wrote: MMAL bug:

Recordings I make with VDR momentarily show grey artefacts when seeking through them. Also happens when simply watching live TV/time shifting. Sample link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sblxrlqtk1zuvvp/00001.ts?dl=0

OMX plays the file just fine

Thanks

I realised I had this problem before, and found the old thread with the solution-- It was the <omxdecodestartwithvalidframe> setting. So I added it to my advancedsettings xml, but it still happens
I have still empty Libreelec repository in latest Milhouse build.
Even though I get info that there's a new oscam addon (8.0.100)
Is this expected?
(2016-04-29, 23:13)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 15:19)Forage Wrote: Now that the nightlies are hosted on a different server, it's serving the downloads with a general "Content-Type: application/octet-stream" header instead of the more appropriate "Content-Type: application/x-tar" header. Would it be possible to configure the new server to properly serve the correct content type header? This makes processing the downloads from within a browser a tat less painful since it'll allow you to open the files right away instead of having to safe them somewhere first.

Should be fixed now.

Perfect, merci!
(2016-05-01, 15:35)username145 Wrote:

Recordings I make with VDR momentarily show grey artefacts when seeking through them. Also happens when simply watching live TV/time shifting. Sample link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sblxrlqtk1zuvvp/00001.ts?dl=0

Thanks

I realised I had this problem before, and found the old thread with the solution-- It was the <omxdecodestartwithvalidframe> setting. So I added it to my advancedsettings xml, but it still happens

I tested the linked file and could not reproduce it with #0430 and only MMAL enabled. Fast forward and 10sec steps worked flawless.
Question: In a lot of screens the viewtype is grayed out with "Icon Wall". Will there be more view options enabled or is this strictly a skin issue?
(2016-05-01, 16:00)polo_joe Wrote: I have still empty Libreelec repository in latest Milhouse build.
Even though I get info that there's a new oscam addon (8.0.100)
Is this expected?

Somethings not right with the repository, it's being looked into.

Edit: Keep trying, it's just populated correctly for me after trying most of the day...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-01, 17:28)Hoopla Wrote: Question: In a lot of screens the viewtype is grayed out with "Icon Wall". Will there be more view options enabled or is this strictly a skin issue?

That would be a skin issue. Assuming you are using Estuary, you'd be better off asking in the Estuary forum:

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260

Add a post in the "Feature Requests" thread.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0501: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc5 #1 Sun May 1 22:54:22 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2016 11:10:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9b52ab7b475f4a056658fd2d95d2440b32167390 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160501225322-#0501-ga0961be [Build #0501]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002480.931: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a0961be0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (32d99cde, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Kodi 17.0 Alpha 2
  3. New v24 Addons schema
  4. Settings layout changes
  5. Fix broken left/right remote control button inputs
  6. Enable core dump for hello_video.bin (splash video)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • tinc: initial addon (PR:264, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • image : allow other distros to specify a custom version and hash (PR:266, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • distro-tool: Fixes (#269) (a0961be0)
  2. XBMC:
    • Optional addons (PR:9706, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: OSX/iOS - use ffmpeg videotoolbox (PR:9702, 10 commits, 39 files changed)
    • [EPG] EPG grid window performance improvements (PR:9657, 10 commits, 12 files changed)
    • addon database: fix bad inserts (PR:9717, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Settings layout changes improvements (PR:9208, 5 commits, 17 files changed)
    • [skin] save skin settings early on exit (PR:9696, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • guilib: only dialogs are allowed to call ProcessRenderLoop (PR:9664, 3 commits, 27 files changed)
    • bump to 17 alpha 2 (PR:9721, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Avoid compiling cdrip when build with --disable-optical-drive (PR:9675, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Add #KODIPROP and #EXTVLCOPT to mru playlist to let the user set properties in .strm … (PR:9485, 7 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Check for .nomedia file inside tv show folders (PR:9170, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [adsp] remove usage of list item entries on skins (PR:9708, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [addons] ask for version on install (PR:9643, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [python-api] remove checkmark control (PR:9699, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • rbp: Fix up settings after layout changes (PR:9724, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • omxplayer: Switch to using m_syncState like videoplayer (PR:9725, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • omxcore: Remove unused use_buffers code path (PR:9726, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake/linux] CMake buildsystem & binary addons (PR:9671, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Revert "Check for .nomedia file inside tv show folders" (80f87f76)
  3. newclock5:
    • Updated commits in this build:
      • omxplayer: Avoid CAEFactory::Suspend which should only be called by application (b48cbd49 => 876def28)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [rbp] Hide the double/triple buffered setting (91c59b76)
      • Revert "[rbp] Hide the double/triple buffered setting" (642d1d8d)
      • omxcore: Pause components when flushing (915f4832)
      • Revert "omxcore: Pause components when flushing" (f5102d7d)
      • omxcore: Remove unused use_buffers code path (2006ddbe)
      • omxplayervideo: cosmetic: use default code path (7c42a2db)
      • omxplayer: Add sync parameter to log (53d5b9d3)
      • omxplayer: Switch to using m_syncState like videoplayer (992c4620)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi (core dump enabled)
    • Added: [env] PR:272: kodi: Update appliance.xml after Settings reorg
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9722: wrap skin debug info
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9723: [OSX] - second try to properly fix apple remote and harmony support, aka - fix the regression of the regression
(2016-05-01, 17:22)Ollo Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 15:35)username145 Wrote:

Thanks

I tested the linked file and could not reproduce it with #0430 and only MMAL enabled. Fast forward and 10sec steps worked flawless.

I just upgraded to the the latest, from #0420, and it still occurs for me. Do you have the MPEG2 license installed? Might have something to do with that

This is on a Pi 3

This has been happening for a while now (including on my Pi 2), at one point I had a program running to check the recording dir for completed recordings and mux them to mkv, which fixes the problem and also makes seeking much faster. Doesn't fix the problem for time shifting though!

edit: remuxing to mkv doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it less noticeable because seeking is so much faster than a ts
@popcornmix @Milhouse

I've just upgrade to 0501 and the DTS centre channel noise issue that I mentioned earlier still occurs.

http://sprunge.us/IXXV is a debug log from 0501
http://sprunge.us/OZZI is a debug log from 0421 (which sounds perfect)

Under 0501 I tried with MMAL and OMX (no difference) and for each one - Sync display on / off (no difference), Passthrough enabled on / off (no difference).

Please let me know if there are any other settings you want me to try.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19