• 10(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
Will offline playback / download to storage possible ?
Wink 
WOW - what a great work! I am so happy to have a real Spotify solution now. Just a few things:

1. Opening Explore -> "Chill" (for example) takes up to 1 minute to show results (50 MBit/s Connection). Could implementing caching be a solution?
2. I am using Kodi 15.2 with Xperience1080. After opening "Explore" and switching to Thumbnail View the Icons are gone (only Black Tiles). Switching back to list view is showing the icons again.
3. Is this wonderful Addon running on Jarvis?

Thanks again and all the best!
Keep it up man ! awesome addon !

works fine on jarvis 16.1 Smile
(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: How is caching handled?
It is currently set to use the libspotify defaults, this means that a maximum of 10% of the available diskspace may be used maximum.
This is the recommended setting for smooth playback without getting in trouble with disk space.

(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Is the loading of playlists, songs , albums, etc. something that could be handled faster?
15 seconds to get inside the playlist folder, every time, is rather annoying. Entering a really large playlist (~900 songs) also takes quite a while. Could caching the entire tree, read ahead or some other clever wizardry be possible or is it entirely in the hands of Spotify?

A new version will be available on the repo within a few hours in which I have implemented caching of the listings.

(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Could one get rid of paging?
When browsing playlists I get paging. When I browse my songs I get paging. Luckily browsing a large playlist I don't get it, paging through 1000+ songs is a real pain. Could you make paging optional?
The paging is removed in the new version. Only the searchresults will still be paged.

(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Inbox gone?
Can't see my inbox anywhere. In Spotimc it's listed among the playlists.
There is no such thing as a inbox in spotify. What did spotimc list in there ?

(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Illogical back button behaviour in some contexts
When browsing an album, context clicking and doing a search on artist top tracks pressing back on the result land me back on the Kodi main menu rather than back to the previous screen. I have a feeling that this might be a skinning/kodi issue in conjunction with the addon, so not sure this actually have anything to do with your addon except that it is the only place I encounter it.

This should be fixed in next version.

(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Super large context menus
When I right click an album I get a context menu with 17 items, filling my 50 inch plasma from top to bottom. If one adds one or two more options I guess I'll find out whether my skin deals with that situation. I guess this might be another addon vs. skin issue, but it looks quite daunting.
The addon adds a few specific items to the contextmenu such as follow/unfollow etc. All other items are added by your skin or by the so called "context menu resource addons"

(2016-04-22, 16:33)darkdays Wrote: Ps. Spotify Connect would of course be another dream come true, as has been mentioned earlier in the thread. I haven't followed Spotify on that issue lately but when I did it wasn't in the API yet and there weren't any confirmed plans of adding it either. Ds.

It's not yet in the WebAPI. Once it is available I will add it. At the moment this addon utilizes every bit of the new Web API and for playback the good old libspotify is still in use but I'll get rid of that once playback support has been added to the Web API.
(2016-04-30, 23:25)Jönke Wrote: Will offline playback / download to storage possible ?

No, not at the moment altough libspotify handles the cache pretty well.
(2016-04-27, 12:44)sjobbels Wrote: Wow what a great addon @marcel!! Finally a mymusic section for a spotify addon.
I have one request with the spotlight addon I could use the context menu to add for example my playlists to favourite and use this in the aeon mq skin as a menu item. But I can't open the context menu with this addon.

This should be fixed in upcoming new update
loading speed is much! faster now! Tiles are still showing no icons in Thumbnail view (also is the "start" section (mymusic/explore/search)
(2016-05-03, 08:29)bebox Wrote: loading speed is much! faster now! Tiles are still showing no icons in Thumbnail view (also is the "start" section (mymusic/explore/search)

I think you'll have to discuss that with your skin dev as the images are set correctly by the addon.
Which skin was having the issue ?

What do you mean with the start section ?

Glad you like the speed enhancements ;-)
I want to install this on my raspberry pi 2 with libreelec. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Do you have a link for a webbrowser or something?
(2016-05-03, 20:36)Jozef001 Wrote: I want to install this on my raspberry pi 2 with libreelec. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Do you have a link for a webbrowser or something?

I don't know about libreelec but with openelec you can just install the chomium browser from the unofficial openelec repo.
For pi users I believe there is no browser available (but I can be wrong off course)...

In that case you can use a small workaround:

1. Install the addon on a computer with an actual browser
2. launch the addon and walk through the initial connect setup with the browser
3. Close down Kodi
4. copy the files in <kodi data dir>\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.spotify to your pi

The addon uses web authentication so I can't get rid of the initial grant through a browser. I can offcourse create some man in the middle service (like the trakt addon did) but I'm still not sure if that violates the Spotify policy
Will there be a fix for Usernames with ö,ä,ü ?

Still don´t work :/
(2016-05-03, 21:58)Purge Wrote: Will there be a fix for Usernames with ö,ä,ü ?

Still don´t work :/

Still the same error ?
Possible to share your kodi logfile again with me ?
(2016-05-03, 20:33)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 08:29)bebox Wrote: loading speed is much! faster now! Tiles are still showing no icons in Thumbnail view (also is the "start" section (mymusic/explore/search)

I think you'll have to discuss that with your skin dev as the images are set correctly by the addon.
Which skin was having the issue ?

What do you mean with the start section ?

Glad you like the speed enhancements ;-)

I am using 3 Kodi 15.x & 16x with Xperience1080 on OpenElec, you are right! Seems to be a skin Problem. Changed to Confluence and everything is great but Search icon is missing here?! By the way; canceling the SEARCH Dialog is causing an "Spotify" error ...

What i can see is also that the loading time in generally is MUCH better in Confluence then in experience 1080. Ill try to set up Jarvis with experience1080 and let all know ...
ok, here is the log from today :

http://paste.ofcode.org/kSHiCBRQuuNc9en55kG2RS
I tried the addon today and i needed to connect spotify again is this normal ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17