[BUG] + Suggestion on Netflix viewtype and Discart
Hi! I just noticed Titan got this very nice and sleek Netflix view, indeed there is a bug with the ratings, they seem to run away from screen! Just as this screen suggest:

How to correct this?

Also, as the logo displays the title already, it would be nice if instead of the title in plain text, we could get the tagline scrapped on TMDB/IMDB! Any ideas how I could edit the xml file to do so (which I believe to be "View_523_Netflix.xml")?

There's also other things I would like to do to make this view perfect, like:
- Display the studio logo (in little size) next to the logo
- Enable discart (popping up on right side over the fanart)
- Still showing fanart on the whole background in the meantime of the corner (but much darker, keeping this "gray" look), and why not animate it with the usual zoom effect
- Display user rating before IMDB/TMDB ratings (showing two ratings like "Local Rating: 5 IMDB Rating: 7" for exemple)
- Add an option like "Use forced focus" forcing the selection to be on the center like in some other viewtypes (like "Horizontal Panel" for exemple)
- Maybe a slight zoom over the selected movie rather than the blue overlay

I wonder how could I do all of these so if anyone has any ideas there would be very welcome! But my main concern for now is to correct the bad position of the ratings, and the repetition of title due to logo (replacing plain text title by tagline)

Also, I noticed another issue with discart... They are not displayed as they are, but masked which make some errors, let me demonstrate it:

On this discart the issue is not so important, but many discarts have some text close to the borders or even the image is close to the center, who's masked by titan somehow... Is there a way to get rid of that mask and only use the PNG based discart? See on the screen how much the shape is different

Thanks!
Here's how I envision the Netflix view with all the suggestions I mentioned in the first post, just wanted to share it:

The priority still indeed to correct the misplacement of the ratings and to possibly replace the text title by the tagline

Thanks again!
Quote:Also, as the logo displays the title already, it would be nice if instead of the title in plain text

I mentioned this a while ago, the problem i see with it is if you use the netflix style for Episodes.... the text is the name of the episode.
So would it be possible to make an XML file for TV show and another for movies? Sounds like a good alternative to me
It would be if you know what you are doing Smile

I tried yesterday to just add another view like netflixTV but honestly have no clue on how to do this stuff.

i followed the wiki for adding new views to skins but it seems very outdated and couldn't figure out all of the changes needed.

I personally would just like the "text" name to not be used if there is a Logo present but keep the text for the episodes, i don't think it looks as good if its too crowded.

I'm sure Marcelveldt can do something, he is great at adding requests.
I will incorporate the requested changes in the skin later this week. It will be published in the beta first so you guys can give some feedback about the changes.
Great

Thanks
How did you hide the labels on the movie posters in this Netflix media view? I can't seem to find that setting anywhere? I can only find that setting for the homepage widgets.
(2016-04-27, 20:42)mattvandoes Wrote: How did you hide the labels on the movie posters in this Netflix media view? I can't seem to find that setting anywhere? I can only find that setting for the homepage widgets.

If you push up while in the view ....it is under view options
Thanks Marcel

New updates look great
Thanks, glad you like it.
Wow great uptdate!! I didn't think to put the studio logo right next to the ratings, smart idea!
I really like this update, we got the discart, the fixed focus, the studio logo, the tagline rather than title and the fanart background... Pretty much everything I suggested!

Indeed, I feel like the fanart background is too dark we hardly see the picture... Would it be possible to make it slightly clearer?

I noticed also that the fanart on the corner has an issue with bright fanarts, I tends to fade on every sides perfectly except the top left side.

And regarding the discart, it stills uses the mask over the original PNG, isn't it possible to remove this mask?

Indeed, that's a great update, I'll be using this view from now on, keep up the good work!
Next update will fix the fanart background opacity, the large thumb and the discart diffuse
Great thanks!!

Just a new suggestion, I've been using Netflix quite a lot recently and despite the awful navigation (not fully integrated to Kodi, except with PlayOn but still buggy), I must say I love the Pause OSD:

Simple but awesome to me!

So I just imaginated how it could look like on Kodi, with some extra features:

Sounds cool right? But as I said, it's not a request just a suggestion! Wink
(2016-05-04, 16:51)Moukrea Wrote: Just a new suggestion, I've been using Netflix quite a lot recently and despite the awful navigation (not fully integrated to Kodi, except with PlayOn but still buggy):

Did you try the flix2kodi addon ? I have built full support for that in the addon, you can even use the special "netflix hub" once you have it installed to have the full netflix experience.It works pretty well.

(2016-05-04, 16:51)Moukrea Wrote: I must say I love the Pause OSD
So I just imaginated how it could look like on Kodi, with some extra features:
Sounds cool right? But as I said, it's not a request just a suggestion! Wink

Yes, it looks cool indeed. May be something to add as an optional feature. I'll add it to my TODO list to pickup on a rainy day ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] + Suggestion on Netflix viewtype and Discart0