• 26(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-04, 23:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 23:00)herrmeier01 Wrote: Yes, I confirm that #0503 fixed an issue which was present in #0502. It was a problem which started some time ago.
With each channel switch audio was present first, then the video and after that there was a short time a black screen and then the TV was running fine.

Interesting. Probably one of these:
mmalrenderer: Avoid creating presenting thread when it is not required (1075e96e)
RenderManager: Inform renderer even when display refresh matches (f6d364d1)
RenderManager: Disable vsync adjust - it causes unpleasant glitches after seeking (bd4ec64e)

I'd quite like to know which one. I might try reverting these one by one as a test over the next few nights.
If you can keep an eye out, and report if the problem returns, that would be helpful.

I'm sorry, I made a mistake. The issue is still there and the behaviour in #0502 and #0503 is the same.
I investigated little bit

It looks like this:
- channels with H.264 1080i25 switch fine.
- channels with H.264 720p50 have this issue.

Here is the debug log
And that's what I test:

23:20:56 7427.323242 T:1473246112 NOTICE: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switched to channel 'ZDF HD'
H.264 720p50 not ok
23:21:02 7432.893555 T:1473246112 NOTICE: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switched to channel '3sat HD'
H.264 720p50 not ok
23:21:10 7441.749512 T:1473246112 NOTICE: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switched to channel '3+ HD'
H.264 1080i25 ok
23:21:17 7448.173828 T:1473246112 NOTICE: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switched to channel '4+ HD'
H.264 1080i50 ok
(2016-05-04, 23:49)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 23:25)pl4tin Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 23:14)Milhouse Wrote: Codec OSD?
thank you for your fast replay i willl try to find something about this codec

Press "o" (letter O) on the keyboard, or map the "CodecInfo" action to a button on your remote control.

sorry my friend my but this is not what i want, i explain, when i play file and do a pause, i can see some info about the movie, i don't want codec info, but in estuary we dont have this info. on pause we have 2 things plot and metada, in metada we have some info, but no 720 info or 1080 info or about subtitle as we have on conflunce
(2016-05-05, 00:12)pl4tin Wrote: sorry my friend my but this is not what i want, i explain, when i play file and do a pause, i can see some info about the movie, i don't want codec info, but in estuary we dont have this info. on pause we have 2 things plot and metada, in metada we have some info, but no 720 info or 1080 info or about subtitle as we have on conflunce

Estuary feature requests: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262603
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk
I just downloaded the latest RPI2 tar. When rebooting my RPI3 it found the new version extracted kernel fine but got an MD5 error on the system. What could cause this? Now kodi is stuck in a loop redisplaying the splash screen. I have checked the resultant file and the MD5 checks out fine. How do I get this back to normal? I can't seem to get the update share back up.
I have uploaded the file to here http://xbmclogs.com/puah9d3f8

Thanks
(2016-05-04, 09:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 05:50)david1976aus Wrote: Hi there, I am running #503 and have noticed that upon reboot that it hangs at the kodi (hexagon) screen for a while before going into the menu. What can i provide in terms of logging or trace detail to assist with what is causing the delay?

A debug log (wiki).

Enable debugging, reboot, then upload your whole kodi.log file to a pastebin site - easiest method is to ssh in and run "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste" then paste the link.

I have uploaded it to http://xbmclogs.com/puah9d3f8
(2016-05-05, 05:55)darebee Wrote: I just downloaded the latest RPI2 tar. When rebooting my RPI3 it found the new version extracted kernel fine but got an MD5 error on the system. What could cause this? Now kodi is stuck in a loop redisplaying the splash screen. I have checked the resultant file and the MD5 checks out fine. How do I get this back to normal? I can't seem to get the update share back up.
Are you overclocked? Sounds like your system may not be 100% stable. The most likely reason for the MD5 failure is too high an sdram overclock. However the MD5 failure should have meant the update would have aborted without making any changes to your existing installation, so I'm not sure why you're now in a loop - is the device restarting or is Kodi restarting (ie. which splash)? Upload the crashlog if it's the latter. It could also be a marginal power issue, and the upgrade is just a coincidence.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-05, 09:24)david1976aus Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 09:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 05:50)david1976aus Wrote: Hi there, I am running #503 and have noticed that upon reboot that it hangs at the kodi (hexagon) screen for a while before going into the menu. What can i provide in terms of logging or trace detail to assist with what is causing the delay?

A debug log (wiki).

Enable debugging, reboot, then upload your whole kodi.log file to a pastebin site - easiest method is to ssh in and run "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste" then paste the link.

Try disabling some of the add-ons you are running at startup, ie. xbmcbackup, watchedlist, libraryautoupdate, chechpreviousepisode. Starting with a "clean" .kodi would confirm this is a problem caused by a third-party add-on.
(2016-05-03, 02:11)Milhouse Wrote: LibreELEC 8.0 Repository should now be available. Please post about any missing items. dispmanx_vnc should be added soon.

VNC dispmanx added to the repository, everything is fully functional. Once again, many thanks!
(2016-05-05, 09:59)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-05, 09:24)david1976aus Wrote:
(2016-05-04, 09:27)Milhouse Wrote: A debug log (wiki).

Try disabling some of the add-ons you are running at startup, ie. xbmcbackup, watchedlist, libraryautoupdate, chechpreviousepisode. Starting with a "clean" .kodi would confirm this is a problem caused by a third-party add-on.

I have uploaded a clean log to http://xbmclogs.com/puseenaie
(2016-05-05, 09:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-05, 05:55)darebee Wrote: I just downloaded the latest RPI2 tar. When rebooting my RPI3 it found the new version extracted kernel fine but got an MD5 error on the system. What could cause this? Now kodi is stuck in a loop redisplaying the splash screen. I have checked the resultant file and the MD5 checks out fine. How do I get this back to normal? I can't seem to get the update share back up.
Are you overclocked? Sounds like your system may not be 100% stable. The most likely reason for the MD5 failure is too high an sdram overclock. However the MD5 failure should have meant the update would have aborted without making any changes to your existing installation, so I'm not sure why you're now in a loop - is the device restarting or is Kodi restarting (ie. which splash)? Upload the crashlog if it's the latter. It could also be a marginal power issue, and the upgrade is just a coincidence.

I am NOT overclocked. Stock RPI3. Device is not restarting, just Kodi. I think it was just hot. I left it off all night and it loaded just fine. Is that possible?
(2016-05-05, 12:05)david1976aus Wrote:
(2016-05-05, 09:59)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-05, 09:24)david1976aus Wrote: I have uploaded it to http://xbmclogs.com/puah9d3f8

I have uploaded a clean log to http://xbmclogs.com/puseenaie
And still the same problem? How long is the splash remaining on screen? This isn't really what I'd call a "clean" Kodi - you've still got a bunch of third party add-ons installed - I see a ZipManager error from xbmcbackup that could be causing a problem. Rename the .kodi folder and try again. Do you have the same problem with a release build (LE7)?
(2016-05-05, 12:41)darebee Wrote: I am NOT overclocked. Stock RPI3. Device is not restarting, just Kodi. I think it was just hot. I left it off all night and it loaded just fine. Is that possible?

It's possible for your Pi3 to get hot, yes, but there are built-in mechanisms (throttling) to prevent it becoming unstable. Since it's now working it's difficult to say what happened last night. Check your power supply isn't an issue. Try the upgrade again.
Thanks Milhouse. I did try the upgrade and everything worked fine. My Pi2 in the same location never got this hot. Does wake from suspend work on these devices now? I am current;y not suspending these boxes when I power down everything else. I have a Chromebox running LibreELEC and it never woke from suspend gracefully. I guess it's been a while and I just need to try that again.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19