• 11(current)
WIP Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager
Has found the fault and becomes fixed here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9325

Reason was if no add-ons are present and DSP system becomes enabled tries Kodi the disable from them but also another thread was working and both sides blocks itself.
(2016-03-09, 17:21)wisler Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 02:17)hemiutut Wrote: Hello wisler :
In that system you can be installed and where you can download adsp.XConvolver .
I use Windows 7 + APO equalizer but I would try KODI 16 Jarvis DSPlayer + adsp.XConvolver in Windows

Greetings from Spain and I apologize for my English.I am using the translator.

Hi hemiutut,

currently I stopped further developments for adsp.xconvolver, but I will continue them this year Wink

At first I have to do more developments for adsp.template and afterwards xconvolver will be available soon Blush

That's why there is currently no public download for adsp.xconvolver. I will keep the community update to date in the AudioDSP subforum Wink

Thanks wisler , I will be attentive to its new developments for windows
Hi wisler :
I say the demo ADSP XConvolver if he went.
Is that so?.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1878109
The addon in Kodi 16 jarvis not accept it.
ADSP speak XConvolver for Windows.

I am using the translator.

Greetings.
Sorry I can't provide a demo. Only the source code, which doesn't run in official Kodi builds.

You still have to wait until I release a stable version.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2016-04-11, 20:37)wisler Wrote: Sorry I can't provide a demo. Only the source code, which doesn't run in official Kodi builds.

You still have to wait until I release a stable version.

Thanks wisler for the courtesy to answer.

Greetings.
Will it be possible to add Dynamic Range Compression using your addon? I got here from a Reddit thread that said maybe.

THanks
(2016-05-05, 22:31)jvook Wrote: Will it be possible to add Dynamic Range Compression using your addon? I got here from a Reddit thread that said maybe.

THanks

Not yet, but you should see AudioDSP not as an add-on. It's more a complete system that opens audio processing capabilties to every dev that has experience in this field.
Maybe you have missed this thread, which explaines what AudioDSP is.

For Dynamic Range Compression we need a new add-on, because this feature doesn't fit into no currently available add-on. This would require a Dev that starts to work in this field Blush

(2016-05-05, 22:45)wisler Wrote: Not yet, but you should see AudioDSP not as an add-on. It's more a complete system that opens audio processing capabilties to every dev that has experience in this field.
Maybe you have missed this thread, which explaines what AudioDSP is.

For Dynamic Range Compression we need a new add-on, because this feature doesn't fit into no currently available add-on. This would require a Dev that starts to work in this field Blush

Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, DRC would be possible with AudioDSP if someone created an add-on to do so? Or is it completely outside the scope of AudioDSP capabilities?
(2016-05-07, 07:11)jvook Wrote: Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, DRC would be possible with AudioDSP if someone created an add-on to do so? Or is it completely outside the scope of AudioDSP capabilities?

You do know that Kodi already has a buildin function similar to DRC? Volume amplification in the audio menu.
Quote:Not yet, but you should see AudioDSP not as an add-on. It's more a complete system that opens audio processing capabilties to every dev that has experience in this field.
Any further pointers you can give me in terms of documentation? I would like to create some plugs for this, but I am a commercial developer. I must also admit that It is very confusing for me how the licensing works, but considering how awesome this community is, I'm sure I'll understand it soon.

I see some pretty amazing opportunities becoming available here as long as licensing does not get in the way.. Can you sell plugins that run on a framework for a GPL product?

I would still releasing free stuff too.

I will try my hand at it.. Smile
Hi Noob101,

(2016-07-22, 02:47)Noob101 Wrote: Any further pointers you can give me in terms of documentation?
A overview about AudioDSP in user perspective could be found in my current state thread.
Public API of AudioDSP is present in <repository>/xbmc/addons/kodi-addon-dev-kit/include/kodi/kodi_adsp_dll.h.
Current available add-on source code is here.
My latest development branch with fixes for AudioDSP and Kodi can be found in AudioDSP/V2/usability_core_fixes.

(2016-07-22, 02:47)Noob101 Wrote: I would like to create some plugs for this, but I am a commercial developer. I must also admit that It is very confusing for me how the licensing works, but considering how awesome this community is, I'm sure I'll understand it soon.
I would still releasing free stuff too.
Do we talk about free add-ons or commercial add-ons? Or both?
I hope that you understand that I could not give much support for commercial add-ons without getting paid for my support. But if you only wanna create open source add-ons or contribute to our existing add-ons, I would be happy to assist you and work with you without money.

(2016-07-22, 02:47)Noob101 Wrote: I see some pretty amazing opportunities becoming available here as long as licensing does not get in the way.. Can you sell plugins that run on a framework for a GPL product?
Well, this is a hard question and I'm also searching for possibilities to spend more time to develop for AudioDSP. Currently I develop all stuff in my spare time and I would like to spend more time on it. But I guess that isn't possible without money. I thought about a donation button, sell add-ons, ask a company to sponsor me...
So far I don't know what would be the best bussines model.
I'm not very familiar with the entire GPL license. But if you develop new software based on GPL your developed source code has also to be released under GPL. Kodi itself is GPL2 and all adsp add-ons are released under GPL3. Maybe this link helps you a little bit.
I also will ask in team maybe someone knows more than I about how commerical add-ons would like.

wisler, you are very helpful, your time is much appreciated and valued.

I will be developing free stuff in the beginning anyways, but, having said that, of course, if I develop anything commercial I would pay you for your assistance. Smile

Thanks
Hey Guys,
first of all thanks a lot for your work!

So now my question, is it possible to implement an own filter for the AudioDSP Plugin? Is there something like a description for it?

Actually my problem isn't so complicated. I just need a DSP which makes the stereo output signal into a mid/side (m/s) output signal.

M = (L + R)/2
S = (L - R)/2

thanks for your help!
Yes this is possible if you have the knowledge or you'require willing tof spend time to achieve the needed knowledge.

You need to know C/C++, CMake and signal processing for hardcoded filters. Ifyour filter needs more settings you have to code the logic of the UI in C++ and xml (Kodi skinning).

You can browse our source code here:
https://github.com/kodi-adsp/adsp.basic/tree/master/src

Or read our API header for AudioDSP here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...adsp_dll.h

Currently it is a bit hard to get used to our plain C AudioDSP API. That's why I started to develop adsp.template. but it is not ready for final projects. That's why you have to manage streams, settings and UI in your new addon. If it gets more stable and easier to use I will write a description.

Sorry I forgot some important links for AudioDSP. This links tries to explain how AudioDSP works:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252871

And this are slides from DevCon 2015:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=242858

I guess there will be new slides for the DevCon 2016. I will create a new thread after DevCon 2016.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Audio DSP Plugin to AddonManager7