• 70(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-05-07, 09:36)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 15:39)invisable Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 14:11)joestyles2578 Wrote: This skin is great, but one issue and its a big one the content in the submenu and addon shortcut dont update this needs to be addressed and fixed. It kind makes the skin pointless if those dont update.
Update to what ?
If you have linked a favorite to a shortcut then you may find the content it returns is cached, is this what you mean ?

Sent from my HTC One M9

Perhaps, but on what basis is it cached and how can this be prevented or refreshed, etc? Some content seems to simply never refresh anymore.

Im not sure if this is a result of recent updates to Kodi, or recent updates to the skin?

Helly perhaps you could provide some insight? THANKS Smile

Hi,

i'm not completely sure, but I think this is related to kodi or the addon you are using and not a skinning thing.

I've seen that with updating of addons sometimes a restart is required. There may be a kodi issue on updating.

Did you try a different skin? Is the behaviour the same then?

Helly.
I don't use any other skin except Xonfluence. However what I can say is that if I make a Favourite directly in Kodi, it appears to be cached, and this caching carries over into the skin when used as a shortcut.

If I make the same Favourite using the Super Favourites addon Super Favourites asks me if I want to disable caching or not. I chose yes disable caching and this favourite no longer gives me old results.

At the moment, for testing, I even have two favourites made, one by kodi and one by SF (which was then moved to Kodi Favourites), both pointing to the same place (it's an online link) and the kodi one still keeps giving me old results while the SF one is up to date.

I know it has been asked before, but it would be a really nice feature if we could browse inside SF when making skin shortcuts, and just makes links directly from there. It's currently browsable via video nodes, but fails when selecting the actual item.

For most of my skin shortcuts that are now problematical regarding caching (because they have been added via kodi favourites previously) I will trying adding as video nodes instead, or as a last resort via super favourites.

I think this will go a long way towards fixing this problem (ie: don't use Kodi Favourites as skin shortcuts for non static links).

Maybe it also now provides some information about why this is happening Smile

EDIT:
(2016-05-07, 14:06)jmh2002 Wrote: I will trying adding as video nodes instead, or as a last resort via super favourites.

Using video nodes for these online shortcuts in an addon seems to create the same problem with not refreshing.

It seems that for shortcuts that you do not want the skin to cache you need to add them to Super Favourites first, then from SF add them to Kodi Favourites, being sure to choose "Yes I want to disable caching", and thereafter add them to the skin like normal.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-05-07, 09:27)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi,

I do understand that this is a very annoying bug, but I cannot solve it in the skin as it is in the underlying software. I would report it to the kodi guys. They may solve it in a next version.

Thanks,
Helly.

Thanks for the for the input. I was not sure how this was handled behind the scene.
Hi

I love the Xonfluence skin, but I have a problem. I wanted to add some new fonts, which I was able to do quite easily, but when Xonfluence updates, it "loses" my new fonts, as the fonts and 720p folders are overwritten.

Is there any way round this?

Thanks

Steve
Thanks for the info i do however notice that on version 15.2 kodi it works fine when adding submenu through video node it updates. So i guess last resort for now is to add to superfavourite than from superfavourite add to submenu. I hope this can be resolved quickly you have a very user friendly skin and works great.
Is there a way to put a clear cache and purge packages command in the sub-menu. i noticed i could make sub-menus for my videos in my library drama, sci-fi, etc,,but for programs i cant figure it out. to
Add to favourites. If you can't add to kodi favourites directly, add to super FAVORITES then to kodi favourites.

Sent from my iPhone
thanks ill give it a shot

Update: that worked ,,thanks a bunch!!
@helly

After looking through a lot of things yesterday regarding the cache problem, I also found another bug which is apparent when having multiple devices some of which are also on different operating systems, and trying to copy the skin settings file between them after a change in setup.

The problem is that copying the settings file on to another device causes the addon icons not to show. Now I see it is because the following property is set as a local path:

<setting id="AddonSetThree.1.Icon" type="string">C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\icon.png</setting>

The same thing happens when adding an item as a Kodi Favourite. The path is again set as local:

<favourite name="YouTube" thumb="C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/&quot;,return)</favourite>

But Kodi should normally be platform independant: http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol. Can these (and all other properties that might be using local paths too) please be set as a Kodi special paths instead to avoid this issue? Something like this:

special://home/addons/plugin.video.youtube/icon.png

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2016-04-29, 15:39)invisable Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 14:11)joestyles2578 Wrote: This skin is great, but one issue and its a big one the content in the submenu and addon shortcut dont update this needs to be addressed and fixed. It kind makes the skin pointless if those dont update.
Update to what ?
If you have linked a favorite to a shortcut then you may find the content it returns is cached, is this what you mean ?

Sent from my HTC One M9

Perhaps, but on what basis is it cached and how can this be prevented or refreshed, etc? Some content seems to simply never refresh anymore.

Im not sure if this is a result of recent updates to Kodi, or recent updates to the skin?

it is not just when adding favourites as links in the skin that this is happening. if you add an addon as a link anywhere in the skin it is also cached. once you clear the cache from within kodi it refreshes all the links so they display the latest content. hopefully this is a skin issue that can be easily rectified Confused
Hello, the name of my music files are shown 2 times, but the tags are fine, i tried Confluence and it`s shown fine, how can i fix it?
Cleared cache everything got refreshed, hope there will be a fix soon so it refreshes automatically.
(2016-05-07, 11:28)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 15:39)invisable Wrote: Update to what ?

Sent from my HTC One M9

Hi,

i'm not completely sure, but I think this is related to kodi or the addon you are using and not a skinning thing.

I've seen that with updating of addons sometimes a restart is required. There may be a kodi issue on updating.

Did you try a different skin? Is the behaviour the same then?

Helly.

OK I've been doing some testing and it is a Kodi 16 issue and not the skin. using Xonfluence, Nebula, and Aeon Nox skins i created new main menu items by linking directly to an addon and also created new sub menus by adding the addon to the favourites and then linking it to the sub menu via the favourite. i then waited for the addon to update and went back into the addon using the menu links and on all skins it still displayed the old (cached) content. Accessing the the content directly via the video addons menu in all of the skins and then selecting the addon it displayed the updated content but going back to the main menus still showed the old content. This continually happened until i deleted the cache from within kodi at which point it then updated all the menu links to the updated content. I also tested it on the standard confluence skin by adding an addon as a front menu icon and it also did the same. Time to head back to Kodi 15.2 for now until hopefully this is fixed in Kodi 16.2.
Thank you for your further testing Smile

This fix seems to be working for me on Kodi 16.1 stable for users that don't want to roll back:

(2016-05-07, 14:06)jmh2002 Wrote: It seems that for shortcuts that you do not want the skin to cache you need to add them to Super Favourites first, then from SF add them to Kodi Favourites, being sure to choose "Yes I want to disable caching", and thereafter add them to the skin like normal.
(2016-05-08, 10:24)HRTKING Wrote: Image
Hello, the name of my music files are shown 2 times, but the tags are fine, i tried Confluence and it`s shown fine, how can i fix it?
no one else has this problem??
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13