• 58(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I think for now, it's for a niche market and l am very upset by the way Dolby and movies compainies are doing business now because most of the new release only get ATMOS on UHD BD
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-07, 19:20)movie78 Wrote: I think for now, it's for a niche market and l am very upset by the way Dolby and movies compainies are doing business now because most of the new release only get ATMOS on UHD BD

does Deadpool UHD have DTS:X or Atmos?

EDIT ** YES it does have an Atmos Track... super dissapointing and upsetting.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-07, 19:11)hdmkv Wrote: I am hoping that we get ATMOS and X 11.1 channel check clips, but guessing not due to the several configuration possibilities.

The Last Witch Hunter has DTS:X 11.1 sound check and also the September version of DOLBY Demo Disc.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Excellent, thanks!

Re: Deadpool 4K BD, yes to ATMOS. But, just DTS-HD MA 7.1 on regular BD Sad.

http://i.imgur.com/AYSP89w.jpg
(Above pic from a user at Blu-ray.com forum)
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-07, 19:28)hdmkv Wrote: Excellent, thanks!

Re: Deadpool 4K BD, yes to ATMOS. But, just DTS-HD MA 7.1 on regular BD Sad.

http://i.imgur.com/AYSP89w.jpg
(Above pic from a user at Blu-ray.com forum)

ya i just saw that, sucks big time eh. that makes me want to purchase neither releases of any upcoming films until a solution to rip 4K material happens... Confused
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Not very happy about that...
Hope we get God's Of Egypt in 3D and DTS:X
(2016-05-07, 16:46)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 16:32)KILLERNADS Wrote: One other thing that i forgot to add. Yesterday when i followed the settings on the main page, i changed the following one:

Adjust display refresh rate = start / stop

However this gave me issues, i was watching revenant last night and the audio was not in sync, the voices were not in lip sync withe video, when I switched this back tk off then eveything was working better again!

If you can't enable refresh rate matching then it's a non-starter as a solution for those of us in Europe who need 50Hz, 23.976/24.000Hz and 59.94Hz support... Fixing the display refresh rate is a non-solution...

Right after many hours of tinkering around and demoing stuff, i think I've got it to work!!!

I can also play 3d Blurays now successfully!! Wohoooo

The "display refresh rate" and "sync playback to display" really gave me a lot of issues, to be honest i don't even know what they are for!!

If at anytime i set display refresh rate to start/stop, then all my videos are out of sync!

If at anytime i enable sync playback to display, then i loose my HD audio capabilities Sad i only receive PCM audio and no passthrough such as atmos, dts-hd etc...

In the end i have now settled with Adjust display refresh rate = Off and Sync playback to display = Off!!

I think those are the only combo of settings that i can use to make both 3d blurays play and also have passthrough. To me Lip Sync was a concern with these settings and i wasn't sure if the audio was in sync or not, but with this setting combo it looks like its okay, further testing required though!

@noggin, please can you explain what you mean? Is the settings i have okay? Any downsides to it? thanks to everyone that has helped me to get where i finally have!
Adjust display refresh rate will change the refresh rate of your TV to match the video file you're playing. For instance, your GUI will generally run at 1920x1080 with the refresh rate of 60Hz. Most 1080p movies will run at 1920x1080p with a refresh rate of 23.976Hz. With Adjust display refresh rate, it will switch your TV from 60Hz to 24Hz (or whatever the refresh rate is for that video).
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-05-07, 20:15)timstephens24 Wrote: Adjust display refresh rate will change the refresh rate of your TV to match the video file you're playing. For instance, your GUI will generally run at 1920x1080 with the refresh rate of 60Hz. Most 1080p movies will run at 1920x1080p with a refresh rate of 23.976Hz. With Adjust display refresh rate, it will switch your TV from 60Hz to 24Hz (or whatever the refresh rate is for that video).

Top tip, if you live in Europe, set your GUI to 50Hz. Then DVDs and Live/Recorded TV, Catch Up TV services etc., which are 25 or 50Hz will not re-sync your display, and it will only happen on 24/23.976p content (and 59.94 if you have any).
(2016-05-07, 18:45)hdmkv Wrote: Ah okay, thanks... there seems to be a newer version. I assume it's the 64-bit zip? Also when I extract the zip and look inside the 'DisplayAudio' folder, there are '6.16' and '8.20'. Which one?
(2016-05-07, 20:15)timstephens24 Wrote: Adjust display refresh rate will change the refresh rate of your TV to match the video file you're playing. For instance, your GUI will generally run at 1920x1080 with the refresh rate of 60Hz. Most 1080p movies will run at 1920x1080p with a refresh rate of 23.976Hz. With Adjust display refresh rate, it will switch your TV from 60Hz to 24Hz (or whatever the refresh rate is for that video).

Right i understand now, thanks for the explanation.

I have to test this again cause at the moment i have it set to off and i think im getting slight lip sync problems , however from what i remember before when i set this to start/stop it was giving me much more lip sync issues and the audio was way off!!
(2016-05-07, 19:11)hdmkv Wrote: I can already attest to that. But, I think these new formats are going to be confusing for many users. Knowing which combo to go for, whether 5.x.2 vs. 5.x.4 vs. 7.x.2 vs. 7.x.4, then when second amp/AVR is needed, how to set up primary and that second amp/AVR properly (both connections and AVR menus settings). Not to mention, actual install of height speakers and wiring.

I am hoping that we get ATMOS and X 11.1 channel check clips, but guessing not due to the several configuration possibilities.

I am a little confused about what you are saying. My receiver has been ATMOS ready since last year (it does not have the DTS-X firmware yet) and my NUC under Kodi v 17.0 has no problems sending the Atmos Soundtracks (the base Dolby TrueHD 7.1 and the second Dolby Digital Soundtrack) to my receiver to decode. In fact I have been listening to Dolby Atmos soundtracks since last September, 2016 without any problems.

Are you saying that your NUC/KODI combination has not been sending the proper soundtrack information to your receiver?
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
A question on the NUCs. Not sure if the previous gen NUCs (ie before Skull Canyon) had integrated IR sensors... but assuming they do... do they work for power on/off? Not resume from suspend, full power up as if you are pressing the power button. I am hoping they do (and that Skull Canyon will).

Thanks.
Yes, at least the D34010WYK does. Also programs easily w/Harmony.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-08, 00:44)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, at least the D34010WYK does. Also programs easily w/Harmony.

Agreed!

No issue here, tested 3 different NUC and IR power on/off works
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10