• 15(current)
Release ESPN 3
I made some recent updates that may fix some issues. It has been working really well for me over the last few days with both ESPN3 and the premium channels.
(2016-05-09, 03:07)awaters1 Wrote: I made some recent updates that may fix some issues. It has been working really well for me over the last few days with both ESPN3 and the premium channels.
Thanks for your efforts.
What providers have you tested with?
I couldn't get it to work with my current Cox subscription, but then again NBCSN add-on can't validate me either.
(2016-05-09, 03:12)OTinley Wrote: Thanks for your efforts.
What providers have you tested with?
I couldn't get it to work with my current Cox subscription, but then again NBCSN add-on can't validate me either.

how would you log in to WatchESPN through the website?
does it work for you that way?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I tested with Comcast, but every provider should work in theory.

If you go to this site https://idm.east.cox.net/coxlogin/ui/watchespn (Cox internet login for watch ESPN) does your account work there? If your account works there I'm willing to devote some time to debug the issue by having the addon print extra debugging information.
(2016-05-09, 03:30)locomot1f Wrote: how would you log in to WatchESPN through the website?
does it work for you that way?

With the web browser,(espn.go.com) It automatically does validation without prompting me to do anything.
The add-on works for me for ESPN3 live and content , just not for the other ESPN channels (premium).
As stated above, the same thing happens for NBCSN.
I think another user, a Comcast subscriber, posted that he had the same problem as I do.
No big deal, ESPN3 is all I need since I get all the others thru Cox.
(2016-05-09, 03:34)awaters1 Wrote: I tested with Comcast, but every provider should work in theory.
If you go to this site https://idm.east.cox.net/coxlogin/ui/watchespn (Cox internet login for watch ESPN) does your account work there? If your account works there I'm willing to devote some time to debug the issue by having the addon print extra debugging information.

It takes me to the Cox login page. I log in and it takes me to https://sp.auth.adobe.com/sp
Apache Tomcat/7.0.55 -Error.
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
description The requested resource is not available.
The addon should work then, can you add your username, password, and provider in the addon settings, reproduce the error, and supply a debug log (instructions are here http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy)?
(2016-05-09, 03:48)awaters1 Wrote: The addon should work then, can you add your username, password, and provider in the addon settings, reproduce the error, and supply a debug log (instructions are here http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy)?
Thank you. The log is here
Log is here for TWC. ESPN3 & the premium channels don't work via the addon but work fine on the browser for all channels including ESPN3 on the same device.

Launching the Youngstown St vs UIC Baseball game on ESPN3 gives the new error you have included in your latest commit ( ESPN reports that your provider doesn't have access to ESPN3 etc). I can watch it with my credentials on the browser and Windows app on the same device.

It looks like from the logs that the authentication process itself is not happening? I think in your first version I did see some cookies files in addon_data but don't see them anymore after I started fresh wiping the previous data. Nice touch on adding this feature in your latest commit btw.
Thank you for the logs, looks like I forgot to create the cookies file, it should be fixed in latest master for you guys to try.
(2016-05-10, 02:54)awaters1 Wrote: Thank you for the logs, looks like I forgot to create the cookies file, it should be fixed in latest master for you guys to try.

Thanks again.
(2016-05-10, 02:54)awaters1 Wrote: Thank you for the logs, looks like I forgot to create the cookies file, it should be fixed in latest master for you guys to try.
ESPN3 worked but no premium content worked I am afraid.
Tried 2 different 'premiums' and had different results:
1- pop up error - check the log
2- nothing after the 'working' swirl

Log is here

Note: Log was so large that firefox choked. Edited the 1000 lines or so stating:
Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[1940]: [aac] ChannelElement n.n missing

Thanks. Still no cookies in addon_data for TWC with the latest commit. Still getting the same error message as well (no access to ESPN3)

Uploaded the logs here
@OTinley:
It looks like the authentication system worked, which is good news. But it appears that the video was unable to play due to an error in FFMPEG
18:26:10 T:1044 ERROR: ffmpeg[414]: [tls] An illegal TLS extension was received.
18:26:10 T:1044 ERROR: ffmpeg[414]: Unable to open key file https://broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth...12_452.key

What OS and version of Kodi is this with? I haven't seen this error before.

@siuside:
I checked in the log but I did not see anything suspicious, you might need to enable debug logging.
22:32:01 T:5748 NOTICE: ESPN3: args {'EVENT_ID': ['2810800'], 'SIMULCAST_AIRING_ID': ['118953519'], 'DESKTOP_STREAM_SOURCE': ['HLS'], 'MODE': ['PLAY'], 'NETWORK_ID': ['n360']}
22:32:07 T:6468 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?EVENT_ID=2810800&SIMULCAST_AIRING_ID=118953519&DESKTOP_STREAM_SOURCE=HLS&MODE=PLAY&NETWORK_ID=n360]
Somewhere between those two lines things went wrong but I cannot tell.
Quote: What OS and version of Kodi is this with? I haven't seen this error before.
Thanks for looking into this.

The OS is Win7 64 bit and the build was for Kodi DSPlayer (latest build)
I just have tried with the latest 16.1 (non DSPlayer version) and still experiencing the same issue.
This is the new debug log here capturing:
1- Successful launch of espn3
2- Unsuccessful launch of espnnews (ESPN FC)

Again thank you for your dedication.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32