• 64(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-11, 20:34)movie78 Wrote: Chose WASAPI with your device name.
Thanks ,
you mean I choose on both " Audio Output Device" and "Passthrough output Device" this "Chose WASAPI with your device name=denon1200. "?

(2016-05-11, 20:56)hdmkv Wrote: Intel Compute Stick will work fine for MVC. And, you have the 2016 version w/Intel x5-Z8300, which is better than the 2015 version w/Z3735F. But, no HD audio bitstreaming w/either.

Thanks,
I have bought already "Lenovo stick 300 " not intel stick one , but this will work fine , right?
I have searched on amazon.co.uk to try to find it and it give me a lot of sticks , which one you mean "2016 version w/Intel x5-Z8300" , I would happy if you can give me a link.
(2016-05-11, 22:31)Neighbour Wrote:
Thanks ,
you mean I choose on both " Audio Output Device" and "Passthrough output Device" this "Chose WASAPI with your device name=denon1200. "?

Most of the time WASAPI will show the name of your display(LG), select that one...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-11, 22:39)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 22:31)Neighbour Wrote:
Thanks ,

Most of the time WASAPI will show the name of your display(LG), select that one...

Thanks,
I will choose WASAPI Display(LG) on "Audio Output Device" and I will choose Denon 1200 on "Passthrough output Device" , right?

and which item is the best for 3D MVC with no sound lip-sync :

Lenovo stick 300 :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Q2A3NA/

or

Intel 2nd Generation Compute Stick with Intel Atom x5 Processor and Windows 10 BOXSTK1AW32SC:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Generation-C...B01AZC4NHS

Thanks in advance.
Latter... @noggin reported slight lip-sync error on Lenovo. Will test Beelink Pocket P2 today (same Intel chip) and check for issue.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-05-11, 23:48)hdmkv Wrote: Latter... @noggin reported slight lip-sync error on Lenovo. Will test Beelink Pocket P2 today (same Intel chip) and check for issue.

Thanks I would be happy very much if you will check the Beelink and if it havn't the problem - lip sync mean the drive update can fix it .
I have bought 2 quantity of Lenovo stick 300 , in status on amazon : preparing to dispatch ,
you suggest cancel it and take 2 of intel ?

On intel-BOXSTK1AW32SC Atom x5-Z8300 processor 100% work 3D MVC and without lip - sync ?

Thanks.
Just completed testing ... no lip sync error w/Beelink Pocket P2 (Intel Z3735F), using latest May 5 Kodi MVC build.

I'll be posting a full review of P2 tomorrow, but I'm amazed this little guy performs so well for Kodi use, maybe just a notch below Z8300, which is a bit faster. But, if you don't need HD audio bitstreaming, get either an Intel Intel Z3735F or Z8300, whichever you get a better deal on. Only thing that could tip the scale... a USB Ethernet adapter or hub is a must, and that will set you back between $8-20 (whether 10/100 or gigabit).
My HT
(2016-05-11, 23:48)hdmkv Wrote: Latter... @noggin reported slight lip-sync error on Lenovo. Will test Beelink Pocket P2 today (same Intel chip) and check for issue.
I think I mentioned that I hadn't had time to check lip-sync properly? Wouldn't want to be quoted as saying it was good or bad yet. I haven't calibrated the input timings to that input on my AVR yet, as obviously I need to ensure that the display delay is matched.
No worries @noggin ... this forum is why it's so valuable to have multiple inputs. And you're testing a different Stick from mine, even if the Intel chip is the same. Look forward to your checking the Lenovo Stick in detail. BTW, here are the graphics and audio drivers on my Beelink...

watch gallery
My HT
An update to yesterday's post:

Build Info: Kodi MVC WIP 20160505

Hardware: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338

Debug Logs:
Everest MVC MKV (created with MakeMKV) http://xbmclogs.com/peqvzgcof
Finding Nemo MVC MKV (created with MakeMKV) http://xbmclogs.com/pfwepqi3s

Description: When skipping in MVC MKV files with TrueHD/ATMOS sound about about 85% of the time CPU usage increases to 100% and remains there while video slows to a halt.

Screenshots: Screenshots taken during video playback were blank. If helpful I can snap a pic/video with my phone.

How to reproduce: Play an MVC MKV file with TrueHD/ATMOS sound and chapter skip.

Finding Nemo seems to have slightly better chances of a successful chapter skip for whatever reason. There seems to be no problem with DTS-MA. I have tried disabling bitstreaming of TrueHD.

(2016-05-11, 08:32)Statikk Wrote: Can anyone confirm a problem with the 5-05 build playing 3D MVC MKVs with TrueHD/Atmos soundtracks? An ISO of the same movie plays fine but when converted into MVC MKV I'm not able to FF/RW or chapter skip without losing audio> video slows> video freezes. When doing a chapter skip the video actually progresses to the new chapter but the play timer starts back at 0:00> audio loss> slow video> video freeze. I have tested quite a few movies now (Everest, Finding Nemo, Minions, In the Heart of the Sea) and have also tried turning off TrueHD Capable Receiver. I also tried switching off 3D while playing which seemed to have no effect.
(2016-05-11, 19:43)movie78 Wrote: Check AAC capable receiver
AAC capable receiver? What does this do? Stream AAC over IP?
(2016-05-11, 20:10)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 19:58)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 19:43)movie78 Wrote: Change the Speaker Configuration to 7.1
Check AAC capable receiver
Check TrueHD capable receiver
Check DTS-HD capable receiver

You should be good..

Thanks very much,
I need to change Speaker Configuration to 7.1 although I have setup of 5.1 speakers of Tannoy TFX ?

and about my Denon 1200 , is it support LPCM ?

On the image above what I need to choose on :
Audio Output Device ? ( in the Lenovo Stick 300 have Intel HD Gpu, I have read that have WASAPI or DIRECSOUND or INTEL GPU )
Passthrough output Device ?

I need to leave the box of :"Boost volume level on downmix" checked ?

I have LG TV uf850 , The image above isn't from my screen , it is from the internet .

Thanks.

Change the Speaker Configuration to 7.1
Check AAC capable receiver
Check TrueHD capable receiver
Check DTS-HD capable receiver

You should be good, 5.1 or 7.1 doesn't make a different since Passthrough is enabled.
Leave everything the same in the PICTURE

AAC capable receiver? Do you mean AC3? (aka Dolby Digital)

AIUI there aren't many (any?) mainstream AAC receivers - AAC needs to be decoded PCM.
(2016-05-11, 12:31)Statikk Wrote: @ArieS I was looking at one of those the other day. What config do you run your drives in?
There's 2 versions, the Raid one and the non Raid one.
I have the non Raid one.
So my setup is JBOD.
I like to live dangerously Big Grin
I should add that all my drives are WD Reds besides 2 which are Seagate NAS drives.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-12, 04:51)Statikk Wrote: An update to yesterday's post:

Build Info: Kodi MVC WIP 20160505

Hardware: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338

Debug Logs:
Everest MVC MKV (created with MakeMKV) http://xbmclogs.com/peqvzgcof
Finding Nemo MVC MKV (created with MakeMKV) http://xbmclogs.com/pfwepqi3s

Description: When skipping in MVC MKV files with TrueHD/ATMOS sound about about 85% of the time CPU usage increases to 100% and remains there while video slows to a halt.

Screenshots: Screenshots taken during video playback were blank. If helpful I can snap a pic/video with my phone.

How to reproduce: Play an MVC MKV file with TrueHD/ATMOS sound and chapter skip.

Finding Nemo seems to have slightly better chances of a successful chapter skip for whatever reason. There seems to be no problem with DTS-MA. I have tried disabling bitstreaming of TrueHD.

(2016-05-11, 08:32)Statikk Wrote: Can anyone confirm a problem with the 5-05 build playing 3D MVC MKVs with TrueHD/Atmos soundtracks? An ISO of the same movie plays fine but when converted into MVC MKV I'm not able to FF/RW or chapter skip without losing audio> video slows> video freezes. When doing a chapter skip the video actually progresses to the new chapter but the play timer starts back at 0:00> audio loss> slow video> video freeze. I have tested quite a few movies now (Everest, Finding Nemo, Minions, In the Heart of the Sea) and have also tried turning off TrueHD Capable Receiver. I also tried switching off 3D while playing which seemed to have no effect.
So I did some testing on my own with the same build and I can report that I have the same exact issues
Atmos/TrueHD are affected while DTS-HD is not.
Could it be a prob with the NUC DN2820FYKH? Even though yours is a Celeron N2830 and mine is the N2820.
Hopefully other members with different boxes will test that out, so we can rule out if it's hardware dependent or not.

Another thing I can't figure out for the life of me is WOL from S5. I can wake it up from S3 but not from S5 (via Magic Packet)...
Anyone has an idea?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-11, 23:33)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 22:39)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 22:31)Neighbour Wrote: Thanks ,

Thanks,
I will choose WASAPI Display(LG) on "Audio Output Device" and I will choose Denon 1200 on "Passthrough output Device" , right?

and which item is the best for 3D MVC with no sound lip-sync :

Lenovo stick 300 :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Q2A3NA/

or

Intel 2nd Generation Compute Stick with Intel Atom x5 Processor and Windows 10 BOXSTK1AW32SC:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Generation-C...B01AZC4NHS

Thanks in advance.

If you have the stick plugged into your AVR, you want it to be wasapi "Denon AVR"

also both devices you keep mentioning DO NOT SUPPORT HD AUDIO.. so do not enable Passthrough options for TrueHD or DTS-HD unless you like no sound with your movies.

Seems like a not so good player choice considering the AVR you have.. but thats just my personal opinion, somthing able to bitstream HD/Immersive Audio would have been something more suited to your AVR.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Nice deal for a Skylake i3 at Fry's if you don't mind a slim desktop form factor...

My HT
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10