• 201(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Quote:...often people are multitasking whilst watching movies...
Blasphemy! Wink
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-08, 19:28)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:...often people are multitasking whilst watching movies...
Blasphemy! Wink

Having an old-fashioned intermission (for a smoke, fi) is such a luxury in our "time is money" society Wink
When you do that, you notice 90% of movies have clearly defined 2 or 3 acts...
Hmm, bit of ignorance here on the Intel CPU/hardware feature set and older generations.

Would an I7-2700k on an Asus Maximus III Gene-z work for this application? Using the integrated graphics of course.

I'm not sure if the required CPU features are found on older I7 CPUs.

Also the Intel driver finder tool does not show the Intel gpu drivers on this motherboard but I'm assuming it only supports actual Intel motherboards.

Thanks!
Think you need 3rd generation and later, but why not download and try, and report back. Try this for alternative driver finder.
My Family Room Theater
Will give it a go and report back.
Well ran some tests using the integrated HD3000 on the I7-2700 and it looks like it's not supported. The CPU/GPU supports 3D and will run in 3D but the blu-ray video itself will not display in 3D (even though Kodi's UI (and Kodi) activate 3D on the display. So I end up with a floating Kodi UI but 2D video behind that.

Does this sound like what an unsupported hardware config would look like?

Thanks.
(2016-05-12, 05:57)santiagodraco Wrote: Well ran some tests using the integrated HD3000 on the I7-2700 and it looks like it's not supported. The CPU/GPU supports 3D and will run in 3D but the blu-ray video itself will not display in 3D (even though Kodi's UI (and Kodi) activate 3D on the display. So I end up with a floating Kodi UI but 2D video behind that.

Does this sound like what an unsupported hardware config would look like?

Thanks.

Plus Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge have the 23.976p bug don't they? I'd really only recommend Haswell (and the right Bay Trail) and newer Intel SoCs for HTPC duties.
@hdmkv

Just wanted to mention a 3d movie you don't have on your list and I thought was superb in 3d. Pompeii.

The forest and field scenes at the start are the clearest 3d I have seen in any movie.
@santiagodraco, thanks, at least confirms 2nd gen Intel doesn't work for MVC. Will add to spreadsheet in the Intel MVC thread.

@PJDavis1970, added 'Pompeii', thanks Smile. Have it, but haven't gotten around to watching it... I'll sample at least that intro this weekend.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-12, 13:50)hdmkv Wrote: @santiagodraco, thanks, at least confirms 2nd gen Intel doesn't work for MVC. Will add to spreadsheet in the Intel MVC thread.

@PJDavis1970, added 'Pompeii', thanks Smile. Have it, but haven't gotten around to watching it... I'll sample at least that intro this weekend.

A Friend rip it and encoded it. He did it half-ou. For some reason it looked clearer than any of my sbs rip/encodes. Would understand if my tv was passive but as its active I have been trying to figure out why its clearer. Going to try encode a few of my blurays as half-ou and compare.
For some 3D movies (The Hobbit, Prometheus, etc...) the right eye/left eye order is right first; generally the "normal" mode is left first.

I have to go into my tv settings to swap the order so the 3D is rendered properly.

I wonder if there is a way this can be signaled through Kodi by reading the StereoMode flag in the MKV container and if == 14 according to spec, signal the TV accordingly.

In any case, it's not many movies, a minor annoyance, and can be lived with.
There is manual setting in the osd video options.
(2016-05-12, 23:57)Koying Wrote: There is manual setting in the osd video options.

oh for crying out loud - you sir are a genius! Thanks - and I assume it'll be sticky to each video.

--

Now i am also curious - does anyone happen to experience stuttered playback maybe 50% of the time where you need to stop/restart the 3D video and then it plays smoothly?

I had this exact same issue on my RPi2 / Kodi and I suspect it's actually something to do with the HDMI chain of my setup which is:

Mac Mini / RPi2 HDMI -> Oppo BDP-105 -> TV

It is a random occurrence and ONLY ever materializes with 3D MKV playback; all other vids work fine, and usually a start/stop a couple times it plays back fine.
Hi Koying, have you had any chance to play/tinker w/HiMedia Q10 Pro? Thanks.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-13, 00:41)hdmkv Wrote: Hi Koying, have you had any chance to play/tinker w/HiMedia Q10 Pro? Thanks.
Not really, yet. I plugged it in and noticed not much was working with the Kodi player.
Still have to install the wrapper and test with the system player.
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17