• 37(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Just out of interest before I dig deeper:
Does anybody has a clue why a lot of my mkvs play fine on confluence but didn't show audio and video or just play as audio on Estuary? Happens to me ever since Estuary got default.
(2016-05-15, 20:40)shadowghost Wrote: Just out of interest before I dig deeper:
Does anybody has a clue why a lot of my mkvs play fine on confluence but didn't show audio and video or just play as audio on Estuary? Happens to me ever since Estuary got default.

debug log (wiki)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
First up big thanks to Milhouse for these builds. Can finally play all my 3D isos and works really well.
Only thing I've noticed is that the invert L/R image in video menu doesn't seem to do anything on ISOs and I have to manually switch to right eye first on the TV directly for right eye first movies.
On mkv movies the invert L/R works fine...
I'm on the latest test build and pretty new to this so can't tell if the invert command worked on earlier versions for isos?
drdwridav, you can play ISOs? I presumed ISOs of DVDs would not work due to the DVD function being missing. I have not been able to play ISOs since around 6.0.3.

If I try to play an ISO, here's what I get:

http://xbmclogs.com/p5ivszto5

look around line 688
(2016-05-15, 21:28)bill_orange Wrote: drdwridav, you can play ISOs? I presumed ISOs of DVDs would not work due to the DVD function being missing. I have not been able to play ISOs since around 6.0.3.

look around line 688

Hi. Blu Ray ISOs work fine. It's only DVD ISOs that are 'broken' - that's what I was told on another thread and it's accurate in my experience.
(2016-05-15, 21:33)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 21:28)bill_orange Wrote: drdwridav, you can play ISOs? I presumed ISOs of DVDs would not work due to the DVD function being missing. I have not been able to play ISOs since around 6.0.3.

look around line 688

Hi. Blu Ray ISOs work fine. It's only DVD ISOs that are 'broken' - that's what I was told on another thread and it's accurate in my experience.

Well that explains it. I don't think that I have any ISOs of Blu-Rays. Too big!

Thanks.
A question just out of interest, not that it matters much at the moment:

Why can I play (on Pi3) 1080p h265 10bit 3500 Kbps video on LE7.0 Kodi16, but can't play same video on LE with latest Kodi17 Milhouse builds (also on OE with last Milhouse build)? I only get audio, but no video, only skin (Estuary) stayes on display with small player arrow at the bottom. When i click on the arrow I get the full screen player with commands, but only black screen with audio playing.

Btw, 1080p h265 8bit 3500 Kbps videos work OK on my moderately overklocked Pi3 with latest Milhouse builds.
10-bit video is currently unsupported (due to zero copy).
I will find a workaround for this before Krypton is released.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0515: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc7 #1 Sun May 15 21:05:14 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 13 2016 15:49:49
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 280c320a06a8ee014c9ea8df8c1350daa2c50d25 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160515210324-#0515-gc40b505 [Build #0515]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002486.005: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c40b5056, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (29c182e4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. inputstream.mpd updates, now with 1080p support
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [cmake/win32] Fix syncing cpluff.dll to build tree (PR:9815, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. inputstream.mpd:
    • add expat dependency (ef8c9f7d)
    • Update CMakeLists.txt (bb687c78)
    • wrong type in sprintf (3d76d860)
    • [depends] expat: make sure to copy autoconf files to the correct place for cross-compilation (7668edc9)
    • fix PRIu64 macro not found on some platforms (12857d18)
    • added comment to help detecting inputstream loading problems on android (2f3e9f46)
    • Remove URL support / Settings for MaxResolution added / proper average download_speed (7015aa24)
    • GPAC format / version bumb / bandwidth fix on session start (d921d2c6)
    • absolute baseurl if protokol http or https is found (2c174540)
    • Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/mapfau/inputstream.mpd (d8f2c50f)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-15, 11:58)-DH- Wrote: A couple seconds (around 5 to 7) after skipping a chapter or moving forward a couple minutes a noticeable short "freeze" occurred.

Yep. I'm aware of this one. I've been working on it but don't have a good fix yet.
(2016-05-15, 11:41)ChrisM001 Wrote: Tested some constellations and apparently caching doesn't work with inputstream streams like Amazon Prime.

Thanks, yes I'd noticed this myself (with Amazon). Apparently it's by design so not a bug and FileCache is currently disabled in inputstream.mpd. This will be reviewed in future though, so it might be possible in future but for now, it's behaving correctly.
(2016-05-15, 23:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 11:41)ChrisM001 Wrote: Tested some constellations and apparently caching doesn't work with inputstream streams like Amazon Prime.

Thanks, yes I'd noticed this myself (with Amazon). Apparently it's by design so not a bug and FileCache is currently disabled in inputstream.mpd. This will be reviewed in future though, so it might be possible in future but for now, it's behaving correctly.

Thanks for clarification. And thanks for the inputstream update in your latest build. I already had a version 1.0.3 (from german forum kodinerds.net), in which 1080p was already enabled.
But with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 audio and video queue runs empty using 1080p, which was the reason, why I needed caching.
(2016-05-15, 23:57)Milhouse Wrote:

Famous Quote Big Grin
“That’s not a bug, it’s a feature.”
I'm not sure if this is the right place for my issue. Previously I was using OpenElec 6.0.3 but due to support of Amazon Prime I installed this build. Since then my Digital Devices Cine C/C2/T/T2 V7 is not recognized anylonger. I was checking the logs but don't find any relevant entry, neither to the card nor to the driver but lspci is still listing the card.

The driver used in the past was ngene.

Has anything removed? Can I add it manually?
(2016-05-14, 19:49)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 13:15)bite_your_idols Wrote: If I downgrade to your first libreelec 8 alpha build the error also happens: Target category error. But in official LE7 release it works...

There are some older builds here
http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/RPi2/

that aren't fully documented (although I can probably work out the changes once a build is identified), and would be worth testing those. Also it would be worth testing the final OpenELEC Kodi 17 test build #0415 to determine if this is unique to LE builds (about the only obvious change it's the CA Cert change but not sure why this would affect an application launcher). If the problem is present in OE #0415 then continue backwards with OE builds until the issue is no longer present.

Edit: Also what is "Target category error"? That isn't present in your log snippet so presumably this is something you see on screen? Can you upload a full debug log for the error?

I tried all your old LE builds and always the same result, I tried both estuary and confluence to check if it is something related with the new skin.

Now I have to test OE builds because I tried yesterday but when updating from OE 7 beta 3 to a couple of your builds it freezes in Kodi splashscreen or enter in an infinite loop with kodi and openelec screens... As I say I will try again later.

About the issue I am trying to explain it a little bit:
In advanced launcher you can create a category with standalone apps, or you can create a category with emulators.
- when you create a standalone apps category, it is a list of your apps and when you select one it launches it. This works ok.
- when you create a emulator category, it is a list of emulators and when you select one a new list must appear with your roms. In this second step is where error appears, when trying to display rom list.

I don't know if it is something related with openening a second level list or what...

The complete log is here http://xbmclogs.com/pz0imhtih but I think the only important snippet is what I pasted last day (lines 259-260). Also notice there are some missing images because I am using a custom launchers.xml not to create one everytime I upgrade/downgrade test builds.

EDIT: "Error: category not found is the onscreen Notification"
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19