• 18(current)
Release ESPN 3
(2016-05-15, 19:15)milli Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 03:46)awaters1 Wrote: That is good to hear the ESPN3 part is working, yes it looks like that FFMPEG error showed up again "ERROR: ffmpeg[1A6C]: [tls] An illegal TLS extension was received.". I don't know if there is anything that I can do on my end to prevent that error.

Edit: The premium channels get their SSL cert from https://broadband.espn.go.com (details at http://www.ssltools.com/certificate_look...spn.go.com) while the ESPN3 feeds get the SSL cert from uplynk.com (details at http://www.ssltools.com/certificate_look...uplynk.com)

@milli: Yes Comcast should work with all channels, is there any more to that stack trace? possibly something that mentions a python script in the plugin.video.espn_3 directory.

Here you go and hope it helps. Thanks!

Code:
16:57:01 T:123145305063424   ERROR: /Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/builder/_htmlparser.py:163: RuntimeWarning: Python's built-in HTMLParser cannot parse the given document. This is not a bug in Beautiful Soup. The best solution is to install an external parser (lxml or html5lib), and use Beautiful Soup with that parser. See http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/#installing-a-parser for help.
                                              "Python's built-in HTMLParser cannot parse the given document. This is not a bug in Beautiful Soup. The best solution is to install an external parser (lxml or html5lib), and use Beautiful Soup with that parser. See http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/#installing-a-parser for help."))                
16:57:01 T:123145305063424   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'HTMLParser.HTMLParseError'>
                                            Error Contents: bad end tag: u"</scr' + 'ipt>", at line 109, column 208
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/addon.py", line 431, in <module>
                                                PLAY(args)
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/addon.py", line 380, in PLAY
                                                PLAY_PROTECTED_CONTENT(args)
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/addon.py", line 250, in PLAY_PROTECTED_CONTENT                                        
                                                media_token = adobe.GET_MEDIA_TOKEN()
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/adobe.py", line 302, in GET_MEDIA_TOKEN
                                                success = self.GET_IDP_DATA()
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/adobe.py", line 251, in GET_IDP_DATA
                                                (content, url) = self.handle_url(opener, content_action, body)
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/adobe.py", line 142, in handle_url
                                                redirect = self.check_redirect(content)
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn_3/adobe.py", line 121, in check_redirect
                                                content_soup = BeautifulSoup(content, 'html.parser')
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/__init__.py", line 196, in __init__
                                                self._feed()
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/__init__.py", line 210, in _feed
                                                self.builder.feed(self.markup)
                                              File "/Users/u/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup4/lib/bs4/builder/_htmlparser.py", line 164, in feed
                                                raise e
                                            HTMLParseError: bad end tag: u"</scr' + 'ipt>", at line 109, column 208
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:57:01 T:140735155544064   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?EVENT_ID=2800744&SIMULCAST_AIRING_ID=18949544&DESKTOP_STREAM_SOURCE=HDS&MODE=PLAY&NETWORK_ID=n502]
16:57:31 T:123145303990272 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/?EVENT_ID=2811157&SIMULCAST_AIRING_ID=119099814&DESKTOP_STREAM_SOURCE=HLS&MODE=PLAY&NETWORK_ID=n360

I've seen this before. Seems html.parser doesn't always work well on Mac OSX (or Android). I've since switched to using html5lib as the parser with my add-ons, and haven't seen this since.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2016-05-15, 03:46)awaters1 Wrote: That is good to hear the ESPN3 part is working, yes it looks like that FFMPEG error showed up again "ERROR: ffmpeg[1A6C]: [tls] An illegal TLS extension was received.". I don't know if there is anything that I can do on my end to prevent that error.

Edit: The premium channels get their SSL cert from https://broadband.espn.go.com (details at http://www.ssltools.com/certificate_look...spn.go.com) while the ESPN3 feeds get the SSL cert from uplynk.com (details at http://www.ssltools.com/certificate_look...uplynk.com)

@milli: Yes Comcast should work with all channels, is there any more to that stack trace? possibly something that mentions a python script in the plugin.video.espn_3 directory.

Any reason why we go to broadband.espn.go.com for the premiums? I am doing some packet captures and looks like there might be a few more avenues and we can bypass the dependency for this url.

Also I am seeing 1200/2200/3500/4500 bitrates available via official apps
@milli: Which provider is this with that generates the error?

@lionsnob: If you can get a packet dump of what the app does that would help.

broadband.espn.go.com is what espn sends back as the location of the m3u8 playlist. On the official android tablet and iPad tablet apps I only get 2200 on the live premium channels, I'll look into it a little bit more to see if I can figure it out.
@awaters1

Please check private message.
(2016-05-15, 22:27)awaters1 Wrote: @milli: Which provider is this with that generates the error?

broadband.espn.go.com is what espn sends back as the location of the m3u8 playlist. On the official android tablet and iPad tablet apps I only get 2200 on the live premium channels, I'll look into it a little bit more to see if I can figure it out.

comcast
(2016-05-15, 23:42)siuside Wrote: @awaters1

Please check private message.

Thanks for the message, I can't respond to PMs due to forum rules. Is it okay if I reuse parts of the content posted? For example something like

finalurl = finalurl.replace('-tablet.m3u8', '-XXX.m3u8'), where XXX is what was in the message? This makes the HD content available.

@MetalChris: Thanks for the suggestion I'll look into html5lib.
Should be fine I think, thanks !
Thanks to some info from siuside there should now be access to live premium channel HD streams.
Still can't play ESPN1/ESPN1 with a DISH account on COX ISP.

Thanks
(2016-05-16, 01:04)awaters1 Wrote: Thanks to some info from siuside there should now be access to live premium channel HD streams.
Still no go for Cox here. Same results and same errors as in earlier logs.
(2016-05-16, 01:57)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 01:04)awaters1 Wrote: Thanks to some info from siuside there should now be access to live premium channel HD streams.
Still no go for Cox here. Same results and same errors as in earlier logs.

The change @awaters1 incorporated was for existing setups that have premium working to now be able to play HD as well.

The illegal TLS exception has not gone away yet from systems that have not able to play them (majority of us with Kodi-dependent GnuTLS)
Quote:The illegal TLS exception has not gone away yet from systems that have not able to play them (majority of us with Kodi-dependent GnuTLS)
Thank you for the clarification as I had missed that.
Yes that TLS exception is still around, there isn't a way to fix it on the addon side because the URL is provided in the playlist. I thought it would be possible for the addon to fetch the key using urllib and then pass the key to ffmpeg, but that would not work because after the .ts files are done playing ffmpeg will request a new playlist and at that point the addon doesn't have any control over the contents of that playlist.
(2016-05-15, 22:27)awaters1 Wrote: @milli: Which provider is this with that generates the error?

Hi @awaters1 -
Check your PM for a link to the tcpdump.
Thanks!
Thanks to lionsnob for the tcpdump from apple tv we now have access to 720p60fps feeds! As a side note since these feeds get fed from uplynk.com the gnutls issue should be gone as well!

https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...981c5a194b

This support is hacked together very much so there are likely to be issues. I'm going to try and clean up the code more so that it is easier to maintain in the future.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32