• 11(current)
Release Google Play Music - From scratch
(2016-04-21, 17:13)crashgybe Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 15:28)Tadly Wrote: Oh and thanks again for helping me out Smile

Hardly! You're helping me.

Incidently, it seems this lack of locale on openelec is not unusual. I tried one solution of setting the locale in the ~/.profile as follows:

Code:
export LANG=en_ZA.UTF-8

And then the python commands returned the correct info:

Code:
>>> import locale
>>> locale.getdefaultlocale()[0]
'en_ZA'

But this didn't seem to change anything so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree. I even tried setting it to en_US.UTF-8. No change. Hmmm.

Good approach but strange that it doesn't work.
Did you restart kodi after creating ~/.profile (might be that kodi isn't aware of the change yet)

Anyway, the locale change is already prepared locally.
I'll add a catch around the list-entry item in case it still fails so you (and others that might have the problem) at least can access the rest within "Listen Now"
Give me 5 - 10 mins and I'll let you when everything is commited Smile
@crashgybe
Took a little longer..

You know how the game works by now Smile
https://github.com/linuxwhatelse/plugin....lse.gmusic
Download, extract bla bla bla

Lemme know if it works out for you oh and check the log for a Message "Could not retrieve your locale. Using "en_US" instead"
(2016-04-21, 18:00)Tadly Wrote: @crashgybe
Took a little longer..

You know how the game works by now Smile
https://github.com/linuxwhatelse/plugin....lse.gmusic
Download, extract bla bla bla

Lemme know if it works out for you oh and check the log for a Message "Could not retrieve your locale. Using "en_US" instead"
Oh wow, thought I replied last night... sorry.

It works like a charm. 100%. Well played, I'm loving the addon, thanks so much.
(2016-04-22, 13:39)crashgybe Wrote: Oh wow, thought I replied last night... sorry.

It works like a charm. 100%. Well played, I'm loving the addon, thanks so much.

I know that feeling Smile

Happy to hear.

Would you mind check if the kodi.log has a message
Quote:Could not retrieve your locale. Using "en_US" instead
AFTER opening "Listen Now"?

Just wanna make sure that resolving your locale from Kodi does indeed work.

I might do some more code cleanup the next days and than update the repo version
Oh yes, didn't check that
Code:
14:05:17 T:140047516944128   ERROR: [Google Play Music]: Failed retrieving situations. Locale is en_US
Guess it is defaulting to en_US.

Incidentally, and I don't know if this is related or not, I don't see any "Situations" in the menu under "Listen Now" as described in an earlier post. All that's under "Listen Now" is Albums, Stations, Playlists. I'm not sure if that's related to the failure to find the locale.
(2016-04-22, 14:11)crashgybe Wrote: Oh yes, didn't check that
Code:
14:05:17 T:140047516944128   ERROR: [Google Play Music]: Failed retrieving situations. Locale is en_US
Guess it is defaulting to en_US.

Incidentally, and I don't know if this is related or not, I don't see any "Situations" in the menu under "Listen Now" as described in an earlier post. All that's under "Listen Now" is Albums, Stations, Playlists. I'm not sure if that's related to the failure to find the locale.

Oh that's wired.
This means the locale was resolved somewhat properly, however the api call to google did not respond anything.

Will have to do more investigation on that (even though I don't know where to start :/)

Just as a side-note.
This add-on is unofficial as google has no official API.
So stability wise it might be wonky at times Smile
Just to report, now, on OpenElec:

The latest github version of the plugin (1.152) is working on OpenElec for me on my AMD E450 and intel-based OpenElec boxes. Thank you very much!
The only funny bit is the lack of locale in OpenElec but this doesn't impact too much on the features.

However, it didn't with with Kodi 15.x - I'm using the beta distro of OpenElec (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.95.2.img) with Kodi 16.2.
Hi,
Trying to install this but having issues. I've installed the repository. When i click install from repository the linuxwhatelse repo is there as it should be, but when I click it instead of getting a list of addons to install it just says "add-on repository", when I click on that it says "linuxwhatelse repository" and it says its enabled, if I click that it opens up the repo information with the option to uninstall or disable. I can never get to a list where I can install this add on.
Any idea what the problem is?
Thanks

Edit: Never mind, i'm an idiot I see it says there is no android support and that is what I am on. Any chance of that changing in the future?
(2016-05-16, 03:56)obsidianwings Wrote: Hi,
Trying to install this but having issues. I've installed the repository. When i click install from repository the linuxwhatelse repo is there as it should be, but when I click it instead of getting a list of addons to install it just says "add-on repository", when I click on that it says "linuxwhatelse repository" and it says its enabled, if I click that it opens up the repo information with the option to uninstall or disable. I can never get to a list where I can install this add on.
Thanks

Sound like your on a not supported OS.
Read the first first post -> Restrictions
(2016-05-16, 04:01)Tadly Wrote:
Thanks

Thanks, I discovered this myself and must've been editing as you were posting, that was exactly the problem. I should've read more carefully but I was having problems with my other google music addon at the time so was to excited to give this a go! Any chance of android support in the future?
Working perfectly. Thank you for this.
(2016-05-17, 01:41)obsidianwings Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 04:01)Tadly Wrote:
Thanks

Thanks, I discovered this myself and must've been editing as you were posting, that was exactly the problem. I should've read more carefully but I was having problems with my other google music addon at the time so was to excited to give this a go! Any chance of android support in the future?

Sorry, must have slipped my inbox.

To answer your question... Ahm, not sure TBH.
I never tested it on android and expect that one dependency (mentioned a few times on the first post) to not work.
Would require quite some investment to get it working and personally I have no interest on getting this add-on to work on android (yet at lest).
Unless someone else feels like doing that investment, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Sorry :/
Update broke the addon :/

First I had this error:
Quote:21:43:27 T:140355147446016 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://redirect.superrepo.org/v5/addons/....02.28.zip
21:43:27 T:140355147446016 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.gmusicapi]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/script.module.gmusicapi-2013.02.28.zip
21:43:27 T:140355147446016 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic]: failed to install dependency script.module.gmusicapi

I fixed it by manually downloading http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/software/s....02.28.zip
to /home/addons/packages/.
Now I get this error:
Quote:22:02:07 T:140354834835200 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named six
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/default.py", line 1, in <module>
from addon import addon
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/addon/__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
from gmusic_wrapper import GMusic
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/addon/gmusic_wrapper.py", line 11, in <module>
from gmusicapi import Mobileclient
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
from gmusicapi.api import Api
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/api.py", line 22, in <module>
from gmusicapi.protocol import webclient, musicmanager, upload_pb2, locker_pb2
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/protocol/webclient.py", line 14, in <module>
from gmusicapi.protocol.shared import Call
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.gmusicapi/lib/gmusicapi/protocol/shared.py", line 8, in <module>
from google.protobuf.descriptor import FieldDescriptor
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/resources/libs/lib/google/protobuf/descriptor.py", line 37, in <module>
import six
ImportError: No module named six
-->End of Python script error report<--
22:02:07 T:140356453062720 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/
22:02:07 T:140356453062720 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic/) failed

Eventough script.module.six is installed:
Quote:~/.kodi/addons/script.module.six # ls -la *
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1066 Feb 21 2015 LICENSE
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 769 Feb 21 2015 README
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 925 Feb 21 2015 addon.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7237 Feb 21 2015 icon.png

lib:
total 72
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 22 2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb 21 2015 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29664 Feb 21 2015 six.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 30566 Feb 22 2015 six.pyo

Running LibreELEC 7.0.2, Kodi 16.1 on an Intel NUC.
Ah, so you have superrepo installed which (it seems at least) is at a higher priority when pulling dependencies etc. as the linuxwhatelse repo.

Revert everything you did, disable the supperrepo repo and do a manual update of the addon (or reinstall it)
After that you should be able to enable the superrepo repo again.

Lemme know how that went Smile

Edit:
To somewhat ensure you get the correct packages/dependencies installed, you should also delete all files in:
Code:
.kodi/addons/packages
That's where kodi caches downloaded addons etc.
After uninstallating gmusicapi and reinstalling your addon it works.
I have had superrepo helix installed, but deactivated?! o_O Now it is fully uninstalled.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Play Music - From scratch1