• 9(current)
v19 Playon Browser
I am not able to run Playon through the Ethernet. My best configurations has me using my pc as a server on a dedicated router with most of the other wifi traffic in the house connecting diretly to the modem/router. I then bridge my connection via Ethernet to the PS3. There I can play most videos from any channel.

Ive also had success playing videos over the wifi to my android box on certain channels.

Neither setup will provide Live TV with any sort of reliability outside of of a few channels like A&E.

So I am wondering if I could cast playon from airplay(using Kodi on PC) to my box at all with better results than DLNa or is there any difference between the two.(Airplay and DLNA) performance wise.

Edit : in a moment of weakness and desperation I ordered a powerline. Ill come back and post if it works. Hang my head in shame and hide if it does not
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Ethernet Powerline worked wonders. Aso some adjustments to the playon server . I would suggest setting the playon video quality to min and the encoder to high. this gives you a working baseline for testing purposes. Still though using the UPNP browser, the app or the m.playon browser yields better results than the plugin. Also the library doesn't seem to add Playon strms to the library which makes it difficult to set up psuedotvlive cahnnel list.

to get back on track though, There seems to be more audio sync issues playing from the plugin browser and to some extent the upnp file.

The audio issue doesn't seem to be as prevalent on the boxes DLNA/UPNP player.

The plugin is functional but it seems there are better options to play this content.

On that note. ive never been too ipressed with the playon app for that matter. so I'm thinking its not something Luna could address.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

Hi,
I am new to android box world. I up dated wrong and do not save apps. I updated to 16. And don't like it. Can someone tell me how to download to the previous version? I would greatly appreciate it. Very frustrated right now. Love my android box.
Thank you very much
apologies if this has been answered before but ive got a potentially silly question. Certain screenshots show navigation of the playon interface and it shows some sort of display art for each choice.. eg the hulu header has the hulu logo underneath it.

On my installation on both devices that i have there is no coverart for any of the selections - is there something im missing? i cant find anything about coverart in the configuration etc.
Hi @Lunatixz!

With this Addon, we prevent the expiring issues with upnp sources? I can add a movie/serie of netflix on favorites? And this favorite Will work aways?

Thanks
(2016-05-06, 05:19)sagrath Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz!

With this Addon, we prevent the expiring issues with upnp sources? I can add a movie/serie of netflix on favorites? And this favorite Will work aways?

Thanks

It should, but the plugin needs updating... I'll push a fix soon.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Oh, that´s great! I´ll be watching. Wanna test as soon as possible.
(2016-05-06, 06:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 05:19)sagrath Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz!

Thanks

It should, but the plugin needs updating... I'll push a fix soon.

Ah whoa... THIS would be cool.

Would there be a simple way to integrate the UPNP/PlayOn (Netflix, Amazon, HBO, whatever) into Kodi's library (or a playlist?) -that's exclusively local content right now?

Seems like maybe the holy grail to me: local content, reliable links to streamed content, all scraped and nice in a single library or playlist, displayed nicely in your skin of choice...
Any news about the plugin?
v.1.0.8 pushed to my repo
Thanks
I am not getting anything to show with the update. Using Krypton 17.0 worked on the dailys before.
Not sure if it is within three scope of this plugin/add-on or even possible but I would love to take advantage of the recording functions within PlayOn through Kodi.

Also not sure if this had been addressed yet but I thought I would check to see if you made any progress with a solution for expiring links.

Thank you for your continued development with this add-on. I have to say it had been over a year and this is the only way still that I know of to get play Netflix content in Kodi. My kids use this every day. Many thanks
(2016-05-16, 23:23)skarragallagher Wrote: Not sure if it is within three scope of this plugin/add-on or even possible but I would love to take advantage of the recording functions within PlayOn through Kodi.

Also not sure if this had been addressed yet but I thought I would check to see if you made any progress with a solution for expiring links.

Thank you for your continued development with this add-on. I have to say it had been over a year and this is the only way still that I know of to get play Netflix content in Kodi. My kids use this every day. Many thanks

NP, I'll look into a recording function...
Awesome! Thanks
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4