• 202(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-05-13, 07:50)Koying Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 00:41)hdmkv Wrote: Hi Koying, have you had any chance to play/tinker w/HiMedia Q10 Pro? Thanks.
Not really, yet. I plugged it in and noticed not much was working with the Kodi player.
Still have to install the wrapper and test with the system player.

hardware decoding for most used formats already work: h264, h265, h265 10 bit..
It a good point for start or not? Undecided
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Thanks Koying, we'll wait and see what you uncover w/Q10 Pro.

@OlivierQC did A/B tests here between SPMC and native player (via Kodi and wrapper).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
the HDR waters are definitely choppy, there's also the 3rd choice which seems to be gaining momentum - BBC & NHK HDR called Hybrid Gamma http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2016-02-a-m...for-hdr-tv

And recently the highly respected Joe Kane advocated SDR over HDR (If allowed to use same 10bit and colourspace it allows wider range) - The avsforum video interview with him is very enlightening as to why (you might have to stick a pin in yourself s a couple of time to stay awake) highly recommended viewing http://www.avsforum.com/joe-kane-on-hdr/
Hi
Just wanted to check a couple of things re 3D mvc on a pi 3.

1. With 'full hdmi' mode enabled 3D mvc films simply tagged 3D.mvc.mkv or 3D.mvc.iso play fine on my milhouse build. Tvservice -s confirms 3D FP. Just wondering why the message from kodi as the film starts to play says either side by side (for mkv) and top bottom (for iso) rather than frame packed?
2. Also curious as to why the one actual side by side movie I do have also says 3D FP in tvservice -s rather than sbs?

I don't think there's anything wrong. Films appear to play fine, but just wanted to check that my points above are expected behaviour and that I am getting 1080p for each eye.

Thanks
(2016-05-13, 21:58)drdwridav Wrote: Hi

1. With 'full hdmi' mode enabled 3D mvc films simply tagged 3D.mvc.mkv or 3D.mvc.iso play fine on my milhouse build. Tvservice -s confirms 3D FP. Just wondering why the message from kodi as the film starts to play says either side by side (for mkv) and top bottom (for iso) rather than frame packed?
2. Also curious as to why the one actual side by side movie I do have also says 3D FP in tvservice -s rather than sbs?

I don't think there's anything wrong. Films appear to play fine, but just wanted to check that my points above are expected behaviour and that I am getting 1080p for each eye.

Thanks

The sbs and over under are just the kodi gui rendering mode. The movie itself is frame packed.

Sbs content is converted to a frame packed image on the pi if you select use full 3d modes. (think that's the setting, it's been a while)
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-14, 13:48)dukester Wrote:

Thanks

The sbs and over under are just the kodi gui rendering mode. The movie itself is frame packed.

Sbs content is converted to a frame packed image on the pi if you select use full 3d modes. (think that's the setting, it's been a while)

Thank you, just the answer I was hoping for!
(2016-05-14, 13:48)dukester Wrote:

Thanks

Yes - I think it does that so that the Frame Packed output triggers the TV into 3D mode when when playing SBS or TAB content, as the Pi 3 is doing the SBS/TAB conversion to Frame Packed (or internal native 3D) rather than the TV.
Does anyone have issues with stutter on occasion when playback of 3d MVC? i usually have to start/stop the movie a couple times and it eventually stops the stutter.

this was the same on Koda/RPi2 as it is on my MacMini (Intel 5100)
(2016-05-17, 05:02)TheShoe Wrote: Does anyone have issues with stutter on occasion when playback of 3d MVC? i usually have to start/stop the movie a couple times and it eventually stops the stutter.

this was the same on Koda/RPi2 as it is on my MacMini (Intel 5100)

Only when I was storing films on SMB share. As soon as I moved to NFS, films play perfectly
I recall RPi2 having occasional issues w/a few high bitrate 3D ISO's, while MVC MKV's of same used to play fine. RPi3 eliminated the issues.

I mostly rely and SMB, via Synology NAS, and don't have issues w/my Intel NUC and HiMedia Q10 Pro. Jellyfish clips up to 300Mbps play w/o stutter. Have watched several high bitrate 3D ISO's, and also no issues.
My HT
I did post something similar in test build thread so sorry for duplication. Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with left/right eye inversion menu switch not working for 3D ISOs on the Pi? It works fine for mkvs but for ISOs I have to go into the the tv's settings to make the switch.
I'd ask @popcornmix in the Pi2/3 test builds thread. No longer have my Pi2 and 3.
My HT
(2016-05-17, 16:33)hdmkv Wrote: I'd ask @popcornmix in the Pi2/3 test builds thread. No longer have my Pi2 and 3.

Thanks. I've stuck a post on that thread. Have to say the 3D ISOs play beautifully so this would be the last piece of tinkering left!
Can someone with NUC5CPYH (N3050 braswell) confirm if it can play 3d iso with hd audio passthrough? Thanks
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
(2016-05-18, 02:29)mrkalpakkam Wrote: Can someone with NUC5CPYH (N3050 braswell) confirm if it can play 3d iso with hd audio passthrough? Thanks

3D ISO yes

HD Audio to lossless 7.1 PCM yes.

HD-Audio Codecs DTS-HD, TrueHD, Atmos, DTS-X no.

its a windows driver limitation, if your ok with 7.1 channel PCM and dont have an atmos or dtsx need than your good to go.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17