• 203(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I need atmos and dts x passthrough. But I'm planning to use openelec. Will it work in OE?

Sent from my Nexus 7
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
(2016-05-18, 03:18)mrkalpakkam Wrote: I need atmos and dts x passthrough. But I'm planning to use openelec. Will it work in OE?

Sent from my Nexus 7

No, 3D MVC is only supported on windows currently, if you need atmos, dtsx and 3D then you need to look at the intel 3D thread which explains it all.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-17, 13:24)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 05:02)TheShoe Wrote: Does anyone have issues with stutter on occasion when playback of 3d MVC? i usually have to start/stop the movie a couple times and it eventually stops the stutter.

this was the same on Koda/RPi2 as it is on my MacMini (Intel 5100)

Only when I was storing films on SMB share. As soon as I moved to NFS, films play perfectly

well, I am using SMB, but only 3D MKV MVC ever exhibits this problem. and again, it's random, maybe 50% of the time; stopping/starting often fixes it.

i can try NFS and see if it's any better. my media server is running Ubuntu 14.04
Turns out NFS made no difference. The stuttering is caused by what I feared: the HDMI chain from the Mac Mini -> Oppo 105 -> TV

If I plug directly from Mini -> TV, voila!

Seems the Oppo 105 when receiving a 3D signal resynchs, and 50% of the time it's glitchy.

*sigh* really wanted to use the fantastic hardware in the Oppo, but now I may have to split the video/audio and feed the audio into the oppo which I use to directly drive the 7.1 setup (it has fantastic audio hardware)
(2016-05-18, 06:46)TheShoe Wrote: Turns out NFS made no difference. The stuttering is caused by what I feared: the HDMI chain from the Mac Mini -> Oppo 105 -> TV

Seems the Oppo 105 when receiving a 3D signal resynchs, and 50% of the time it's glitchy.

*sigh* really wanted to use the fantastic hardware in the Oppo, but now I may have to split the video/audio and feed the audio into the oppo which I use to directly drive the 7.1 setup (it has fantastic audio hardware)

That's a shame. Sorry nfs didn't help. Your setup is a lot better than mine, but I do use a hdmi splitter/extractor to send audio separately - works fine.
(2016-05-18, 10:01)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 06:46)TheShoe Wrote: Turns out NFS made no difference. The stuttering is caused by what I feared: the HDMI chain from the Mac Mini -> Oppo 105 -> TV

That's a shame. Sorry nfs didn't help. Your setup is a lot better than mine, but I do use a hdmi splitter/extractor to send audio separately - works fine.

what splitter do you use?
(2016-05-18, 10:01)drdwridav Wrote:

so the oppo has two HDMI outputs; the second one works perfectly, though i think it bypasses some of the hi-end vid. hardware internal to the oppo (specifically the Marvell QDEO video processor). in the case of using the second output, the re-synching never takes place; 3D and refresh rate changes take place without signal loss to the TV (which HDMI1 output on the oppo causes). oh well, i'll compromise somewhat on the video quality (mine eyes aren't what they used to be). for audio i will not. and the oppo DACS are really something special.

3D MVC Kodi in any kick ass. kudos to the devs working on this

c'est la vie
Video 
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to solve a 3D problem.
I use raspberry pi 3 and openElec
I have a video that I got from a friend and that is a mkv file in 3D an it plays normal and triggers the 3D on my Samsung TV
But when I try to rip my own 3D Blu rays with Makemkv and check of the Mpeg-MVC-3D. Copi that to my NAS and start to play, kodi ask me the normal question about 3D mode but it only plays it in 2D anyway. the flag on the bottom of the screen shows 3D but the tv trigger 3D not show.

Hop for some help. ;-)
(2016-05-18, 18:40)Haggish Wrote: Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to solve a 3D problem.
I use raspberry pi 3 and openElec
I have a video that I got from a friend and that is a mkv file in 3D an it plays normal and triggers the 3D on my Samsung TV
But when I try to rip my own 3D Blu rays with Makemkv and check of the Mpeg-MVC-3D. Copi that to my NAS and start to play, kodi ask me the normal question about 3D mode but it only plays it in 2D anyway. the flag on the bottom of the screen shows 3D but the tv trigger 3D not show.

Hop for some help. ;-)

Which version of kodi are you on and how are you labelling your files?
If you are not using a current test build then try labelling the file "name of film.3D.sbs.mkv"
It will still play as frame-packed mvc

I
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried to follow your label suggestion but didn't help
I use OpenElec 6.0.3 and I believe is the latest kodi made for RPI
the working 3D mkv rip (whitch I don't know the ripping origin off is just label (name of film.mkv)
I think it's more a ripping than a playing issue. But As I told before I check on the " Mpeg4-MVC-3D in makemkv"
Is the something in the ripping processing that I've missed or is't all USB Blu ray players 3D compatible (I have a Samsung model SE-506)
Hi Again,
I just figure it out. after finding this on the web :
"Please check with the header editor of "mkvtoolnix-gui" whether makeMKV has set the videostereomode flag of the videotrack to 13. If so, remove this flag from file.
It's a new "feature" of makeMKV 1.9.10..."
It did not work after removing, but I set the flag to 1.
Smile)
If you set the flag to 1, you're saying that it's side-by-side, but if you make it with MakeMKV, 13 is correct for 99% of the movie's you'll remux since they'll be frame-packed (MVC) MKVs.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Hi,
that's what I read to.
Neither Star trek Into the Darkness, Pacific Rim or Iron Man 3 worked with 13, but started normal with flag set at 1.
It's maybe a OpenElec issue. I will try with my computer later.
(2016-05-18, 22:04)Haggish Wrote: Hi Again,
I just figure it out. after finding this on the web :
"Please check with the header editor of "mkvtoolnix-gui" whether makeMKV has set the videostereomode flag of the videotrack to 13. If so, remove this flag from file.
It's a new "feature" of makeMKV 1.9.10..."
It did not work after removing, but I set the flag to 1.
Smile)

Well you are right. Something has changed in makemkv 1.9.10 that stops mkvs playing in 3D in kodi. Just tested it by re-ripping a film.
There are a couple of options:
- roll back to makemkv 1.9.9 - no issues with that one
Or
- convert your mkvs to 3D ISOs using tsmuxer. Free download and only takes 5-10 mins to convert. Upgrade your kodi to a milhouse krypton testbulild so it can play ISOs.
I do option 2. All mine are now ISOs and play fine, even when ripped using makemkv 1.9.10
Thanks,
Can't upgrade to milhouse due to I using OpenElec on rpi3, but i'll try to roll back to 1.9.9
What's the benefit using ISO files?
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17