• 11(current)
Beta Youtube Library
(2016-05-14, 04:15)tofof Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 20:28)Sleuteltje Wrote: So, any (Android) users that are reading this, does this functionallity work for you? Does Kodi start scanning the yt episodes automatically? (Any OS feedback is always appreciated ofcourse Wink )
I came here looking for a solution to that exact problem....

Okay, my apologies. As far as I can tell, these are two different problems. At least with my setup (including watchdog), I have no problem with new episodes getting properly added to the Kodi Library once they appear as .strm files.

My actual problem is that my youtube-library playlists aren't doing that step on their own. The only time playlists are being updated is if I go to them and open the context menu and choose 'update now'.

For what it's worth, my playlists are 'enabled', currently all set to update 'every 4 hours' at '21:00'. Previously many were on the default (23:59 and every xx hours) and had in fact never once updated until I manually went through and triggered every single one today.

I have enabled debug mode to get logging information. What else can I do to help you track this problem down?

System: (android-powered) Amazon Fire TV v2
Kodi: kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a
Youtube-library: 0.9.6.2
(2016-05-16, 01:58)tofof Wrote: .....
My actual problem is that my youtube-library playlists aren't doing that step on their own. The only time playlists are being updated is if I go to them and open the context menu and choose 'update now'.
Hold on, you are saying the service isnt running? Playlists dont create their .strm files unless you update manually through the context menu?
(2016-05-16, 02:03)Sleuteltje Wrote: [...] Playlists dont create their .strm files unless you update manually through the context menu?

Right. As to whether or not the service is running, how do I check? The relevant setting (run the service every x minutes) is still on the default of 30.
(2016-05-16, 02:05)tofof Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 02:03)Sleuteltje Wrote: Playlists dont create their .strm files unless you update manually through the context menu?

Right. As to whether or not the service is running, how do I check? The relevant setting (run the service every x minutes) is still on the default of 30.
If you are gonna cut my quote, please use ... and remove your own comment block to save space. Its messing with my OCD man Tongue.

Please post your log with debug mode enabled in the addon settings of youtubelibrary.
Ok. Quick bug first: going to manage a playlist, then to 'grab last x videos' screen, then hitting 'cancel' sets the grab last to 10000.

Next up: Waited a day to post a log so I'd have something useful and could spot the service running, checking every 4 hours as I've got it configured, and downloading (or missing) files.

Service is running every 30 minutes, no problem there.

I have (among others) these channels and/or playlists:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos ---- successfully updated today, adding video 5KfPJc8p5R4 to the library.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...haxq__-Nvm ---- attempted to update today, but only grabbed the 50 oldest videos, and so didn't see the 2 new additions today (eps 51 and 52)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...MpARvHTdG6 ---- attempted to update today, but only grabbed the 50 oldest videos, and so didn't see the addition from 3 days ago (ep 101)

It appears the scheduled updates don't try and fetch more than 50 videos regardless of the 'fetch the x oldest' setting (mine is currently 5000).
It also appears that for channels, videos are ordered LIFO, but at least some playlists (like both of the above) are LILO.

Here is a playlist that's not LILO --
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...gcww6QaImX ---- which updated yesterday, successfully adding all 7 new videos.

I think this now explains 100% of the improper behavior I've been seeing and answer why youtube-library seemed to sometimes work but not other times.

The log for the above period (26 hours or so) can be found at www.tofof.com/bag/kodi-1.log

Even doing manual 'update now' (or 'refresh playlist' followed by 'update now' to the Go and Let's Watch playlists doesn't successfully get the new videos (which are 51st or greater in the list).

Only an intial 1st-time scan seems to grab more than 50.
Could you post your settings.xml file somewhere (found in userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\Settings)?
Settings.xml, settings.db, and settings folder (containing further settings.xml) posted to www.tofof.org/bag/settings.zip
Awesome addon. Going to have a play with it and see how it turns out.

Thanks for your work Sleuteltje Wink
(2016-05-17, 18:26)tofof Wrote: Settings.xml, settings.db, and settings folder (containing further settings.xml) posted to www.tofof.org/bag/settings.zip
I think your problem is that you are using playlists that are sorted oldest to newest. As you can see in post 1, Youtube Library does not support these playlists. Playlists have to be sorted newest to oldest. This is a limitation on the Youtube API and there isnt anything I can do about this.

Uploads playlists should always be sorted newest to oldest. And you can ask the channel creator if he can make a playlist sorted differently. Its only a few clicks for him. You can also sort your own playlists automatically in newest added -> oldest added. The option is there when you edit / create a playlist.

(2016-05-17, 21:56)schumi2004 Wrote: Awesome addon. Going to have a play with it and see how it turns out.

Thanks for your work Sleuteltje Wink
Thnx Smile. Let me know what you think.
More stuff is coming!
But life comes first, and I'm super busy lately.
(I am currently working in between on a website for youtubelibrary tho, also trying to set up a repo there)
(2016-05-18, 03:31)Sleuteltje Wrote: I think your problem is that you are using playlists that are sorted oldest to newest. As you can see in post 1, Youtube Library does not support these playlists.

I suppose you don't want to traverse playlists to their end because of quota reasons? Any chance I can convince you to let us enter our own api-key to enable such a feature?

If the code is available at a repo somewhere I'd even bang together such a feature for you.
(2016-05-18, 04:17)tofof Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 03:31)Sleuteltje Wrote: I think your problem is that you are using playlists that are sorted oldest to newest. As you can see in post 1, Youtube Library does not support these playlists.

I suppose you don't want to traverse playlists to their end because of quota reasons? Any chance I can convince you to let us enter our own api-key to enable such a feature?

If the code is available at a repo somewhere I'd even bang together such a feature for you.
There are more (obvious) reasons then quota alone. Like large playlists, limited resources on the device, limited bandwith of the user, the slower processing time, I could go on like this for quite some time. If you want this limitation lifted, go ask Google like the many, many other devs like me to include a sort option in their API.

Youtube Library is available at a repo (bitbucket). Please read the first post, its there for a reason!
I just finished watching red vs blue via your add-on. Just love it. Can wait to see the improvements and features you are planning.

Idok Fire
I need some feedback from my users on this.

Would it be a problem if genres are fixed? By that I mean you have a list of genres already defined. This would mean you can't think of your own genres (potato chips dancing) anymore.

So it will be something like:
Action
Comedy
Knowledge
Documentary
Kids
....etc

Your tags can still be whatever you want then.

I'm asking this because of some new features I got lined up, it might become a problem if genres can be whatever everybody wants.
Plus logically I think it makes more sense that tags are the place for made-up stuff. Or should we make this a pre-defined list to?
It will be possible to select multiple genres ofcourse. It might even be required to select at least one!

So, will it be a problem if genres will be a list to choose from, instead of typing in your own? Or is this even wanted?

Plus, if we do this, can you guys help me create the genre list? This can ofcourse be updated with further genres in version bumps.

(2016-05-18, 05:31)Idokfire Wrote: I just finished watching red vs blue via your add-on. Just love it. Can wait to see the improvements and features you are planning.

Idok Fire
You are welcome Smile. Have fun!
Genres us not a feature I use so I can't give a good opinion. But appreciate being asked!

Idok Fire
(2016-05-19, 18:31)Idokfire Wrote: Genres us not a feature I use so I can't give a good opinion. But appreciate being asked!

Idok Fire
You should, you are just lazy Tongue
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3