• 39(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Hello, I'm new in this Forum and my english is not good. Sorry!
First, great Job. Libreelec is realy good and I like the Amazon plugin. It works super.

My Problem is the PVR Plugin (vu+/enigma).
I can't install this plugin.

This textmessage comes: Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknowen error has occurred.

What can i do?

Where can i find the logfile to post it?
(2016-05-17, 20:31)Svennie Wrote: Where can i find the logfile to post it?

The logfile location is: /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Your error is:

Code:
19:42:32 58578.191406 T:1962418176   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7)
19:42:32 58578.191406 T:1962418176   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for http://127.0.0.1:80/web/deviceinfo
19:42:32 58578.191406 T:1962418176   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://127.0.0.1:80/web/deviceinfo>
19:42:32 58578.191406 T:1962418176   ERROR: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Open It seem's that the webinterface cannot be reached. Make sure that you set the correct configuration options in the addon settings!
19:42:32 58578.191406 T:1962418176   ERROR: ADDON: Dll VU+ / Enigma2 Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable

Presumably you need to configure the addon first, before enabling it. Or install the webserver component that listens on port 80 (presumably some sort of back-end server add-on). Please start a new thread if you require additional help getting this addon to run.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I did not develop a log file for this one. I am not sure it would show anything anyway.

When you clean the music library (which takes three tries on a large library) the last file record is always left.
(2016-05-17, 07:59)bite_your_idols Wrote: After spending several hours updating and testing I discovered that the last working version for Advanced Launcher is....

Thanks for spending this time doing this investigation, it is appreciated.

(2016-05-17, 07:59)bite_your_idols Wrote: In the next one it fails like in all version till latest, so the issue must be related with something in here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192054

That's weird, as there's not really much there... certainly nothing that stands out.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a bug or coding issue with the add-on. My search turned up this add-on which doesn't appear to be supported any longer - I'm assuming that's the same add-on you are using? There's also this user posting about a similar issue while using Kodi 17 on Windows 10, in which case this add-on issue doesn't appear to be specific to these LE/OE builds.

I'd suggest contacting the add-on maintainer for further assistance, but that seems unlikely. Is there anyone else supporting this add-on? Debugging the add-on would be the next step to try and work out why it's now broken with Kodi 17 since #1220. Or maybe Kodi 17 will be the end of the road for Advanced Launcher...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0517: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0 #1 Tue May 17 21:41:18 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 17 2016 17:47:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 72491c2e16892dd7e2a4e5b253ef499e2b6a028f (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160517213927-#0517-gdab8bd8 [Build #0517]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002465.390: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (dab8bd82, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7d1fff68, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New firmware
  3. New 4.6.0 kernel
  4. libnfs pagecache
  5. mmal updates
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (May 17):
    • firmware: imx219: Add close call to error path See: link
    • firmware: openmax: Support OMX_COLOR_Format32bitARGB8888 for video_render
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.6 (PR:357, 1 commit, 26 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • [cmake/win32] Build addon libraries (PR:9820, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [network] improvements to the webserver implementation (PR:9576, 7 commits, 20 files changed)
  4. libnfs:
    • Pagecache v2 (PR:146, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalcodec] Add back in preroll (b61b1a90)
      • Revert "[mmalcodec] Add back in preroll" (3264f5ea)
      • [mmalrender] Add pixel format to api (bea8b6e2)
      • [rbp] [retroplayer] Initial support for mmal renderer (f10f20f2)
      • [mmalrenderer] Allow RGB buffers to be allocated (558e4a35)
      • mvc: Add cadence flags for mvc_lr (38eb61b3)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Disable -werror as libnfs won't build 32-bit without it
(2016-05-17, 20:27)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 19:47)drdwridav Wrote: Tried rolling back to the first libreelec build and the l/r switch for ISOs doesn't appear to work. Again works fine for mkvs. Does anyone know if this has worked in the past? Not a big issue as it can be changed on the TV...

Certainly used to work in the past. Let me have a look.....
Okay I've found something. Please try again with tonight's build.

Great stuff, thank you! Tried the new build. The invert button doesn't switch l/r immediately, but just stop the film and start again and it is flipped. It also remembers that it's mvc r/l next time it's played. That will do nicely!
(2016-05-17, 07:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 07:14)ragedogg69 Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 23:21)Trixster Wrote: Has something happened to libreelec recently? Moving from 0511 to the latest nightly and the user interface seems to have slowed to an absolute crawl. videos still play fine but the UI is now very laggy.

Not a crawl for me, but noticeably slower using the estuary mod. When going from TV to Movies, there is a 3 second circle spin while it loads the widgets.

There are still one or two "busy dialog" issues after PR9778 mainly affecting third-party skins and widgets (see comments on github). I'm not seeing any issues with stock Estuary and the limited number of add-ons I have installed (YouTube, Amazon Prime Instant).

Just as a data point: #0509 #0516 both give me the busy dialog on widgets in the Estuary Mod skin. Author claims no problems using your builds on his end. #0504 works perfectly fine with the mod. Default Estuary works fine on all your builds.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2016-05-18, 04:00)ragedogg69 Wrote: Just as a data point: #0509 #0516 both give me the busy dialog on widgets in the Estuary Mod skin. Author claims no problems using your builds on his end. #0504 works perfectly fine with the mod. Default Estuary works fine on all your builds.

As pointed out by @Vimes there might be add-ons running in the background causing delays. Some skins install a lot of add-ons by default. My guess would be that these add-ons are triggering/causing small "stutters" in the GUI due to additional locking or busy-waiting. These stutters may be very noticeable on RPi1, and barely noticeable on Core i7, with RPi3 somewhere in between (is the Estuary Mod developer testing on RPi1/2/3, or i7?) All a total guess on my part, of course.

FernetMenta is currently on holiday but will hopefully have some ideas when he gets back (next week, I think).
(2016-05-18, 00:04)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 20:27)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 19:47)drdwridav Wrote: Tried rolling back to the first libreelec build and the l/r switch for ISOs doesn't appear to work. Again works fine for mkvs. Does anyone know if this has worked in the past? Not a big issue as it can be changed on the TV...

Certainly used to work in the past. Let me have a look.....
Okay I've found something. Please try again with tonight's build.

Great stuff, thank you! Tried the new build. The invert button doesn't switch l/r immediately, but just stop the film and start again and it is flipped. It also remembers that it's mvc r/l next time it's played. That will do nicely!

Great catch 'n fix, guys! I just hopped back onto the nightly updates and noticed this, but I'm still getting used to the new skin so I didn't think to bring it up. Awesome that it's fixed, though! =)
(2016-05-18, 04:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 04:00)ragedogg69 Wrote: Just as a data point: #0509 #0516 both give me the busy dialog on widgets in the Estuary Mod skin. Author claims no problems using your builds on his end. #0504 works perfectly fine with the mod. Default Estuary works fine on all your builds.

As pointed out by @Vimes there might be add-ons running in the background causing delays. Some skins install a lot of add-ons by default. My guess would be that these add-ons are triggering/causing small "stutters" in the GUI due to additional locking or busy-waiting. These stutters may be very noticeable on RPi1, and barely noticeable on Core i7, with RPi3 somewhere in between (is the Estuary Mod developer testing on RPi1/2/3, or i7?) All a total guess on my part, of course.

FernetMenta is currently on holiday but will hopefully have some ideas when he gets back (next week, I think).

Further to what I posted I had started to have some issues of stability. Using the virtual keyboard would be slow and not very responsive, taking several keypresses to register a key and then often cause a Kodi reboot. Also I noticed that Kodi was taking more memory to run than usual.

I backed up my library and then started fresh. LibreElec 7 with then a new install of the latest nightly (517). The only addons are the Amazon, Youtube. WOL, Dev Update, and Backup.

Previously I had the Estuary Skin mod and all the addons that were needed, quite a few. Also I had other skins installed, Mimic and Transparency.

With the clean install and no other skins, and addons used by installing them, the virtual keyboard works a treat and all has returned to normal. No lags or stutters etc have been seen so far.

Whether the above could have occurred by a problematic addon or not I do not know, nor have the skill to diagnose, I am just happy that the stability and performance has now returned to what I had priror to skin testing etc.
Interestingly (and a bit worrying) the famous 40mbps_birds.mkv movie plays much smoother on my RPI1 Kodi 15.2 (CPU ~ 100%) than on this latest build on a RPI3. Both playing from NFS-share.

It's simply not smooth on the RPI3, nor on WIFI nor on ethernet, can it be a network caching issue?
(2016-05-18, 14:11)ElectricPim Wrote: Interestingly (and a bit worrying) the famous 40mbps_birds.mkv movie plays much smoother on my RPI1 Kodi 15.2 (CPU ~ 100%) than on this latest build on a RPI3. Both playing from NFS-share.

It's simply not smooth on the RPI3, nor on WIFI nor on ethernet, can it be a network caching issue?

Pi1 will be using omxplayer. Does enabling omxplayer on Pi3 work better for you?
(2016-05-18, 14:25)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 14:11)ElectricPim Wrote: Interestingly (and a bit worrying) the famous 40mbps_birds.mkv movie plays much smoother on my RPI1 Kodi 15.2 (CPU ~ 100%) than on this latest build on a RPI3. Both playing from NFS-share.

Pi1 will be using omxplayer. Does enabling omxplayer on Pi3 work better for you?

No, I have a Pi1 with HifiBerry so I use dvdplayer (mmal). (overclocked 800mhz)

It seems RPI3 uses WIFI only, when you plug in ethernet. You have to reboot before it uses ethernet. That partly explained my issue.

That said I tested more playing from:
USB stick:
RPI3 OMX - 100% smooth
RPI3 MMAL - first second stutters, smooth afterwards
RPI1 MMAL - 100% smooth

Ethernet:
RPI3 MMAL - first second stutters, smooth afterwards
RPI1 MMAL - smooth no stutter in 1st second

WIFI + ethernet plugged but not at boot
RPI3 MMAL - sluggy, like only WIFI is used not ethernet, although it is connected, and i feels like worse performance then WIFI only.

WIFI Only
RPI3 MMAL - not smooth in the end, WIFI isn't fast enough, I guess.

It seems you can't change wired to WIFI (vice versa) without reboot in Kodi 17.
Kodi hangs after disabling wifi or wired network and browsing maps. Empty screen, shortcuts not working. Can only reboot by ssh.

It seems WIFI + ethernet only works fine if you boot with both enabled.

Still my RPI1 doesn't stutter in the first second on MMAL, RPI3 does.
(2016-05-18, 18:39)ElectricPim Wrote: Still my RPI1 doesn't stutter in the first second on MMAL, RPI3 does.

There is a known issue in recent builds where MMAL stutters after a couple of seconds.
That is a regression that will be resolved at some point.
(2016-05-17, 22:03)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 07:59)bite_your_idols Wrote: In the next one it fails like in all version till latest, so the issue must be related with something in here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192054

That's weird, as there's not really much there... certainly nothing that stands out.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a bug or coding issue with the add-on. My search turned up this add-on which doesn't appear to be supported any longer - I'm assuming that's the same add-on you are using? There's also this user posting about a similar issue while using Kodi 17 on Windows 10, in which case this add-on issue doesn't appear to be specific to these LE/OE builds.

I'd suggest contacting the add-on maintainer for further assistance, but that seems unlikely. Is there anyone else supporting this add-on? Debugging the add-on would be the next step to try and work out why it's now broken with Kodi 17 since #1220. Or maybe Kodi 17 will be the end of the road for Advanced Launcher...

Yes, you are right it is the same addon, and the creator left it outdated some years ago, but it continues working and it is the only one that offers that services appart from Rom Collection Browser, which is hard to make work in RPi...

I would try to debug the addon myself but it is so difficult because I don't really understand what is happening... also, the strangest thing is that stopped working in that specific version... that's weird...

Anyway, thank you for your time and I am going to post in addon thread.

PD: retroplayer officially integrated in Kodi is our only hope... XD
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19