• 204(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-05-19, 11:59)Haggish Wrote: Thanks,
Can't upgrade to milhouse due to I using OpenElec on rpi3, but i'll try to roll back to 1.9.9
What's the benefit using ISO files?

ISO is just a personal preference, no big difference when it comes to 3D mvc on Pi3. It's all about compatibility and future proofing against other devices you might use going forward.
If you want to use ISO you can just download the latest libreelec tar file and drop it in your update folder. You can find them on the pi milhouse testbulild thread - same download for pi2 and pi3. It will change your skin to estuary, but it's a very nice one when you get used to it. I'm on pi3 and using it no problem.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269814
(2016-05-19, 10:57)drdwridav Wrote: Well you are right. Something has changed in makemkv 1.9.10 that stops mkvs playing in 3D in kodi. Just tested it by re-ripping a film.
There are a couple of options:
- roll back to makemkv 1.9.9 - no issues with that one
Or
- convert your mkvs to 3D ISOs using tsmuxer. Free download and only takes 5-10 mins to convert. Upgrade your kodi to a milhouse krypton testbulild so it can play ISOs.
I do option 2. All mine are now ISOs and play fine, even when ripped using makemkv 1.9.10

I've added a fix to my branch for makemkv 1.9.10 produced files. Should be in tonight's Milhouse Pi builds.
Hello to you all.
I've been following this thread for some weeks now with quite amazement I might add.
The thorough work of you all, hdmkv in particular, has been very impressive.
Thanks to you all I've managed to setup my Intel NUC6i5SYK all on my own Smile
I have one question though, I keep seeing Windows 10 being recommended and Windows 8.1 as alternative.
Being a Sysadmin for many years I absolutely abhor anything after Windows 7, nor can I think of any reason whatsoever why Windows 8.1/10 would be better for Kodi use.
Could someone please explain this to me?
Thanks @popcornmix
I noticed with mkvs made with 1.9.10 it was no longer showing mvc l/r in the 3D status. Presumably it was picking up something different from the new makemkv flag?

I just turned it into ISO anyway. All fine now the l/r switch is working!!!!!
(2016-05-19, 16:24)pronkar Wrote: Being a Sysadmin for many years I absolutely abhor anything after Windows 7, nor can I think of any reason whatsoever why Windows 8.1/10 would be better for Kodi use.

I'm pretty sure it's due to the DX10/WDDM 1.2 video driver that allows certain things in Direct3D is only available on Windows 8 and later. And my sysad time just made me hate users, not Windows 8+ :p
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-05-19, 16:43)drdwridav Wrote: Thanks @popcornmix
I noticed with mkvs made with 1.9.10 it was no longer showing mvc l/r in the 3D status. Presumably it was picking up something different from the new makemkv flag?

I just turned it into ISO anyway. All fine now the l/r switch is working!!!!!

Hi,
now I tried the makmvk 1.9.9 but that did not even show the 3D ikon when I play the video, checked with mkvtool and it had no flag at all. so I switch back to 1.9.10 and set the flag myself Wink ( I have not so many 3D videos)
I also tried the latest libreelec tar, but it seems very unfinish (no text in the menus) so I also switch that back to Wink
Thanks for help anyway This is a helpful forum.
(2016-05-19, 22:09)Haggish Wrote: I also tried the latest libreelec tar, but it seems very unfinish (no text in the menus) so I also switch that back to Wink

You're either using an unsupported skin, or you don't have enough gpu_mem configured in config.txt - on RPi2/RPi3 you should have gpu_mem=256.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-19, 16:24)pronkar Wrote: Hello to you all.
I've been following this thread for some weeks now with quite amazement I might add.
The thorough work of you all, hdmkv in particular, has been very impressive.
Thanks to you all I've managed to setup my Intel NUC6i5SYK all on my own Smile
I have one question though, I keep seeing Windows 10 being recommended and Windows 8.1 as alternative.
Being a Sysadmin for many years I absolutely abhor anything after Windows 7, nor can I think of any reason whatsoever why Windows 8.1/10 would be better for Kodi use.
Could someone please explain this to me?
Bluray 3D and 3D mvc mkv's won't work in kodi windows older than Windows 8

Sent from my LG-D802T
(2016-05-19, 22:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 22:09)Haggish Wrote: I also tried the latest libreelec tar, but it seems very unfinish (no text in the menus) so I also switch that back to Wink

You're either using an unsupported skin, or you don't have enough gpu_mem configured in config.txt - on RPi2/RPi3 you should have gpu_mem=256.

Hi,
yes the gpu_mem was only 128 and now I put it to 256.
Now I got an other problem, I can't acess the pi thru the web I only got to a KODI interface not to the folders. Yesterday when I got the same problem with win10 I just used my win7 pc and I got it, but not today
(2016-05-20, 05:27)apgood Wrote: Bluray 3D and 3D mvc mkv's won't work in kodi windows older than Windows 8

Sent from my LG-D802T
Thanks for the information, do you have any resources to substantiate this ?
(2016-05-19, 20:35)timstephens24 Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's due to the DX10/WDDM 1.2 video driver that allows certain things in Direct3D is only available on Windows 8 and later. And my sysad time just made me hate users, not Windows 8+ :p
Thanks, that's something for me to dig into then Smile
So, the new Mii Android tv box comes with h.264 MVC. Is that for the 3D MVC ?!? Maybe this can be, aside Shield Tv (that only doens't support 3D MVC) the best android box out there, right?
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
The Shield Tegra X1 SoC can also decode MVC, and all recent amlogic chips as well.
As we know, there is a long way between the SoC and a full-res 3D pic on your TV Wink
(2016-05-20, 10:34)Haggish Wrote: Now I got an other problem, I can't acess the pi thru the web I only got to a KODI interface not to the folders. Yesterday when I got the same problem with win10 I just used my win7 pc and I got it, but not today

Start a new thread, you're OT now.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, I know but it was a response to the tip I got, sorry about that
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17