• 20(current)
Release ESPN 3
Quote: I am not seeing premium channels listed though? Only displays ESPN3 when I click Live.
You are right as I had to re-install the master version after authenticating the device in order to test premium content.
ESPN1 comes only in SD (480) while all others are HD.
(2016-05-20, 05:06)OTinley Wrote:
Quote: I am not seeing premium channels listed though? Only displays ESPN3 when I click Live.
You are right as I had to re-install the master version after authenticating the device in order to test premium content.
ESPN1 comes only in SD (480) while all others are HD.

That no fair Laugh Seriously though, doing it that way is not testing the api branch.

The fix is quite simple and I'm sure this will get pushed in the next update(s). Just add this in addons/plugin.video.espn_3/resources/settings.xml (just like it is currently in master branch, but without the username,password and provider settings in that same category as they are no longer needed in api branch)

Code:
<category label="Premium Content">
            <setting id="ShowPremiumChannels" type="bool" label="30130" default="true" />
</category>

Premiums get displayed again and working great 720@60fps.

The other behavior you noticed is ESPN1 playing at 480 because you might have started the stream when a commercial was on. ESPN downgrades quality for those and kodi ffmpeg cannot really play adaptive bitrates like official apps/browsers. When @awaters1 enhances to make bitrates selectable in options, this will also go away.

Hope others are testing the api branch as well so we can test this is working for other providers too and give feedback to @awaters1. Looks like it just might be ready to get merged to master Big Grin
@siuside,
Many thanks for the added information about ESPN1 & I will make the quick change in settings.xml as you stated.
Again, thank you.
-Re-installed the API branch,
-Applied the change to settings.xml to display 'premium' content.

All tested OK and ESPN1 was in HD - as it was not in a commercial break.
The expiration did display correctly as well.
I would say it tested great so thanks all around!
Hi guys, only just discovered this addon and I'm struggling to get it to work.
Im not seeing any option to authorise the device.

Im running Kodi 16.1 on OS X
i have a Xfinity Comcast account that i can successfully use the NBC addon with.

Im using the version from here:
https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...e-api-auth

but selecting a stream just gives me 'This device isn't authenticated' error.

Im probably doing something wrong so any help is appreciated.
Look at Post #278 for a screenshot. You want to click the last item "Authenticate with provider ..." to start the authentication process.
(2016-05-20, 18:16)siuside Wrote: Look at Post #278 for a screenshot. You want to click the last item "Authenticate with provider ..." to start the authentication process.
Thanks for that...
the option wasn't showing up so i switched my skin to confluence so i could screenshot it, and then the option appeared?
Either way, i have the addon working now...cheers.
Excellent work to all those involved...Thanks.

Are all of the streams 60fps?...Im watching the cricket on ESPN3 and it is only showing at 30fps.
I should point out I'm not complaining...just curious.
(2016-05-18, 05:33)mcubed_jpn Wrote: I am using a MacBook Pro, 17". I live in Japan, but have a VPN so I can log in as if in USA. I have been able to load movies, but my main reason for trying KODI was so I could watch the French Open coming up on ESPN3.

My error is SMIL URL Blank. Unable to playback video. This is when trying to watch ESPN3. Has this been encountered before and resolved? I will struggle to upload a log file (once I figure out how to do it) if need be.

Sorry if this is totally repetitive.

Mcubed_jpn
Sorry about the late reply and I know it does not solve your problem but ESPN no longer carries the French Open.
The premium content being hidden should be fixed by cfabbfb
I made some updates and merged the branch into master, so master now has the updated adobe authentication system. The new way is a much better process and should be more stable with all providers. I also added in the ability to choose the stream quality within settings.
(2016-05-21, 03:58)awaters1 Wrote: I made some updates and merged the branch into master, so master now has the updated adobe authentication system. The new way is a much better process and should be more stable with all providers. I also added in the ability to choose the stream quality within settings.

When I tried to install the branch it was missing m3u8 and dateutil fyi
Quote: When I tried to install the branch it was missing m3u8 and dateutil fyi
Strange as those 2 installed for me but I have no ability to change stream quality in settings.
Working great here, thanks @awaters1 !

Stream settings are under the Advanced category with toggles for "Best", "Ask Everytime" and "Ask Once"

Quote: Stream settings are under the Advanced category with toggles for "Best", "Ask Everytime" and "Ask Once"
That option was not there until I uninstalled, got out of Kodi and re-installed.
So now, all is great.
Thanks and big bear hugs to all those involved!
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32