• 21(current)
Release ESPN 3
(2016-05-21, 04:38)OTinley Wrote:
Quote: When I tried to install the branch it was missing m3u8 and dateutil fyi
Strange as those 2 installed for me but I have no ability to change stream quality in settings.

I see it's fixed in master. Great work! ESPN now works with Comcast
I noticed that the Apple TV had better content on it so I integrated that into the branch apple-tv-content at https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...tv-content . Can you guys try this out to see how it works? The old menu is still accessible on the bottom under 'Old Style Menu'
'Page not Found' when clicking the link in the post above^
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...tv-content

@awaters1 has period(.) at the end which leads to the 404

(2016-05-21, 17:34)awaters1 Wrote: I noticed that the Apple TV had better content on it so I integrated that into the branch apple-tv-content at https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...tv-content. Can you guys try this out to see how it works? The old menu is still accessible on the bottom under 'Old Style Menu'

Love this one actually !

EDIT1: The one thing I'd probably want to see is maybe populate the channel names still in the Live TV section. So this is "network" in the json feed, hopefully this makes it in.

EDIT2: Looks like there is a bug with the item "ESPN Classic" in the main initial screen. It just mirrors what is supposed to be the "SportsCenter" menu item. Ok definitely a bug looking at the feed.

EDIT3: "ESPN Presents" should probably be renamed to Must See/Best Of to match what is coming in the feed. Scratch that, title is indeed "ESPN Presents"
I made some changes, thanks for the testing and feed back.
Is ESPN3 on the main menu of the new branch working for anyone else? I am getting 403 forbidden error but wondering if it is just my setup as I was testing some new fixes from @awaters1 and could have messed something up during the tests.

Old Style Menu ESPN3 still working fine.
(2016-05-21, 23:48)siuside Wrote: Is ESPN3 on the main menu of the new branch working for anyone else? I am getting 403 forbidden error but wondering if it is just my setup as I was testing some new fixes from @awaters1 and could have messed something up during the tests.

I just checked the Indianapolis feed on ESPN3 and it works for me with the new 'Apple content '
branch.
What I can't seem to find is the ability to check the expiration date of the device validation.
(2016-05-21, 23:52)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 23:48)siuside Wrote: Is ESPN3 on the main menu of the new branch working for anyone else? I am getting 403 forbidden error but wondering if it is just my setup as I was testing some new fixes from @awaters1 and could have messed something up during the tests.

I just checked the Indianapolis feed on ESPN3 and it works for me with the new 'Apple content '
branch.
What I can't seem to find is the ability to check the expiration date of the device validation.

Ok this means I was able to break something during the Clear Cached data testing. Tongue

Expiration date of device is the 2nd item from the bottom "Authentication Details", just above "Old Style Menu"
Quote:Expiration date of device is the 2nd item from the bottom "Authentication Details", just above "Old Style Menu"
Thanks. Indeed , I was expecting it in the 'advanced pane' which would have been had I checked the 'old menu' option.
I would prefer to move all of the authentication process to Settings, but I'm not sure if it is doable within a plugin because I think I can only expose settings to set while the authentication process is multi step.
Thank you for that answer.
I don't think it is a big deal where it is, once it is set.
If it is not set or expired, could there be a condition so a pop up tells user to (re-)register the device and how?
It's detail, I know but if you make it an official release, you might be swamped with posts from puzzled users.
The device always stay authorized unless de-authorized manually from within Authentication Details. The Authentication token expires, but that is renewed automatically (untested because mine expires in a month). So once a device is authorized it should stay that way I believe, although I haven't tested it much (may or may not work if a person changes their password). I agree to avoid some basic support questions more checks need to be added in that are related to authentication and authorization.

I merged the apple-tv-content into master, I think at this point it just needs more users to test with different providers before trying to get this into an official addon.
@awaters1, I have been blocked on github due to "too much spam", am in the process of getting re-instated (hopefully Big Grin)

But wanted to report here that last three commits (upto bfe2bec), have fixed issues #8, #9 and #12

#11 is still open and should be trivial I think if you wanted that tested as well.
Thank you once again.
It couldn't be any easier.
He just made it a lot easier actually. He is coding like a machine today, 20 commits so far !!

When a Kodi install is not authenticated, the message is getting displayed at the top

After successful authentication, the expiration dates can be found later at the bottom of the main screen highlighted nicely

• 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32