• 7(current)
Audio passthru on Fire TV
@jb1234 Please try this SPMC build in RAW: http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/andro...bi-v7a.apk
No idea why DD doesn't work in IEC for you, but this one should do proper DTS in RAW (actually fallback on IEC)
(2016-05-26, 20:40)Koying Wrote: @jb1234 Please try this SPMC build in RAW: http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/andro...bi-v7a.apk
No idea why DD doesn't work in IEC for you, but this one should do proper DTS in RAW (actually fallback on IEC)

Completely solved !!

Koying .. the SPMC build in RAW works !! I used adbFire to install it. Note: I had to manually install it using the ADB shell and command lines.
I confirmed it only works when the passthrough is set to RAW. Now if I select a video in Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS, the receiver autosenses it correctly and plays it perfectly. Thank you so much for your SPMC program !
I am having an issue with my 2nd Gen FireTV that i just updated to Kodi 16.1
I got a loud scratching/hissing sound when I try to play Dolby Digital or DTS encoded files.
I have passthrough enabled in the Kodi settings.
Everything was working fine until I updated to 16.1
Any suggestions?
(2016-06-05, 01:48)RVD26 Wrote: I am having an issue with my 2nd Gen FireTV that i just updated to Kodi 16.1
I got a loud scratching/hissing sound when I try to play Dolby Digital or DTS encoded files.
I have passthrough enabled in the Kodi settings.
Everything was working fine until I updated to 16.1
Any suggestions?
Looks like the issue resolved itself, whatever it was. Everything is working well again.

Sent from my Nexus 6
DTS pass through worked fine for me with my:
1st gen AFTV
Denon 2112ci

The denon sided in a lighting storm and my replacement Denon, S910W will not switch to DTS mode. Even when change the input to DTS explicitly, no dice.

Tried the SPMC build as well as the latest 16.1

I do get DD+ from amazon sources.. I'll try plugging in my PC soon to make sure my new Denon isn't just DTS deficient.
@Koying
I recently moved from Firetv 1gen to 2nd gen and have issues with DTS. All I get is stuttering white noise. With FireTV 1 DTS and DD worked fine.

I installed the newest SPMC 16.4.2 and got Dolby Digital Passthrough working by switching to RAW which is great already! In normal Kodi DD and DTS are not working but at least with SPMC I get half of what my receiver (Logitech Z5500) understands.
I'm kind of bothered by missing out on DTS though, so I tried for several hours yesterday to get it to work by trying all sorts of Kodi andSPMC versions (including the one at the top of this page)

My setup:

FIRETV 2 > HDMI and SPDIF splitter > Projector and optical cable to Z5500

What I don't understand is: DTS and DD on = DD works, DTS white noise
DD on and DTS off = DTS files are Stereo
DD with DD transcoding on = white noise again.

So if I don't get DTS working, that's ok.. as long as DD transcoding is working. But for some reason DD transcoding is producing white noise on DTS files. Any idea why?
I have a Denon AVR-X1200W and HAD the same problem, since installing the DTS-X Firmware from 29.08.2016 (FW VER 3400-2350-4052) the problem is gone!
ok, some news in the meantime: i tried out mrmc and lo and behold, dts passthrough works as expected! I remember reading somewhere that the dev had an old denon receiver. for some reason whatever he changed made dts work for my firetv 2
I'm now back using SPMC though because it works better. mrmc had issues with stalker and av sync issues.
any chance to get dts fixed at some point maybe?

@Koying just found the explanation why it's working:
That is because your pc/laptop does passthrough in a very different way than android. DD works because fireOS supports ENCODING_AC3 and ENCODING_E_AC3 in AudioTrack. ENCODING_DTS is not a supported format so we try the age old trick of faking it as PCM. This work provided the avr is not super picky like those denons. Works with my old denon x1912. Exact same setup fails under my denon x3200w. It's been a huge problem among AppleTV4 users that have those receivers.
https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=725&start=40
Not sure if you read the sticky topic about pt. In short: needs a fw update to be solved correctly.

Why? Turn down avr volume. Play DTS with spmc and now change system volume or make another system audio sound next to Kodi. Be really careful, this might kill your ears.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Btw, apparently, the age-old issue of Denon not recognizing the age-old trick of passing passthrough as PCM seem to have been solved in a recent Denon fw upgrade.

@fritsch there is no system volume *at all* on fire tv Wink
Mixing whatever. Even sink volume itself would be enough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sink volume is disabled in passthrough Wink
And video is paused when Kodi loses focus.

But yeah, sure, in theory...
Practically? I don't even see how I could do it Wink
Just open your email client or skype and I will call you while you play passthrough. Update notifier most likely also works.
There are smater way to handle this via AudioFocus (https://developer.android.com/training/m...focus.html)
See what MrMC has done, for example: https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc/commit/1890...49a460000b

But yeah, considering the lack of current Kodi Android knowledge, I understand you play it safe...
(2016-09-21, 07:40)Koying Wrote: Btw, apparently, the age-old issue of Denon not recognizing the age-old trick of passing passthrough as PCM seem to have been solved in a recent Denon fw upgrade.

@fritsch there is no system volume *at all* on fire tv Wink

I read that this was fixed with Denon receivers. I don't have my hopes up, but any chance you might be making a SPMC DTS version that will work with my old Logitech z5500 system?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio passthru on Fire TV1