• 21(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-05-27, 22:50)Draghmar Wrote: Oh. Come. On. I've already decided I wanted new WeTeK by making great battle in my head and removing C2 from my list...and now you force me to add it to the competition again. Tongue

Anyway congratulations on your achievement!

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] I am in the same situation now!

Great news!!!! [THUMBS UP SIGN]
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-05-27, 23:02)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 22:50)Draghmar Wrote: Oh. Come. On. I've already decided I wanted new WeTeK by making great battle in my head and removing C2 from my list...and now you force me to add it to the competition again. Tongue

If your looking for an OE/le only box and don't need built in tuners the mini mx is hard to pass up for $40 usd and does everything the c2 currently does including dts HD now, good job everyone, at this point it's looking like all s905 devices can run oe/le with little modification
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-27, 23:08)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 23:02)hoppel118 Wrote:

If your looking for an OE/le only box and don't need built in tuners the mini mx is hard to pass up for $40 usd and does everything the c2 currently does including dts HD now, good job everyone, at this point it's looking like all s905 devices can run oe/le with little modification

Is there a build of LE that includes DTS-HD MA/HRA for the MiniMX that will install on the internal NAND if you already have OE installed?
Does dvbs2 usb tuners working with c2 on oe/le ?
(2016-05-28, 00:58)zbigzbig20 Wrote: Does dvbs2 usb tuners working with c2 on oe/le ?

Suspect it depends which tuner you mean - if they are supported by the kernel version in the OE/LE builds then you'd expect them to be. If they are only supported in newer kernels and haven't been back ported then not?

SAT>IP stuff has also worked for me (Quad Sat>IP appears to be a cheaper solution than multiple USB DVB-S2 tuners now)
(2016-05-27, 23:34)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 23:08)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 23:02)hoppel118 Wrote: [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] I am in the same situation now!

Is there a build of LE that includes DTS-HD MA/HRA for the MiniMX that will install on the internal NAND if you already have OE installed?

Well not exactly yet, but i think its coming here shortly, you'll have to build from alex' OE source yourself for DTS-HD until he releases a newer update with the DTS-HD stuff. sounds like its on its way asap tho, and from the looks of it i think hes planning to move to LE at some point here in the future too. Current LE version for the mini mx is supported by a different guy, same forum, and its SD card version only, seems his updates come much quicker but are bleeding edge like wrxtasy's (i think they are essentially the same, correct?)

personally im just sitting on the latest OE build installed on the internal NAND and i plan to wait it out for the DTS-HD fix to come OTA within the next few days. Then hopefully Alex moves to LE sooner than later and we can just flash from recovery once its released and then get OTA updates from there out, making it pretty user friendly coming soon.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Has anyone else noticed that videos often start playback around the 7 second mark instead of the very beginning of the video? Large or small, doesn't matter. Any ideas what could be causing this?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Based on everything I have read so far, it's my understanding that the C2 doesn't yet support MVC 3D, correct? I really want to get a C2 because it supports 4K and 10 bit (I have a 4K TV with 10 bit support and passive 3D with a Dolby Vision chip in it, an LG OLED), but the lack of MVC support is a concern. Has there been any progress on the MVC front? Is it a hardware limitation or a software limitation?
No Full 1080p 3D MVC on any AML platform and I cannot see that changing anytime soon....a bunch of us are not interested even finding out why.

Next I'm not sure any platform actually gives 10bit video output at 2160p. 10bit decoding yes, but not 10bit actual video output. Although the Shield may do actual 10bit 2160p output at 50/60Hz. But that is useless for 24p movies. A Kernel update on AML would be able to fix this going forward I would think.

(2016-05-27, 22:14)noggin Wrote: Yes! DTS-HD MA playing from a 1080/50i DTS-HD MA clip on my C2! Brilliant work people!

Now - PCM 5.1/7.1 next surely! That's the killer thing next - so FLAC5.1/7.1 and AAC 5.1/71. multichannel work without transcoding (and quality loss)
All the LPCM code is sitting there in the v3.14 Kernel. It looks like Kodi needs a few more patches as this is the pertinent signalling code.
https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv.....patch#L52

Trouble is when when Digital passthrough patches are applied , the Audio Channel selector disappears so channels always equals 2.0.
This is the current stumbling block. I'm going to revert so AML code..

(2016-05-28, 04:21)wrxtasy Wrote: No Full 1080p 3D MVC on any AML platform and I cannot see that changing anytime soon....a bunch of us are not interested even finding out why.

Next I'm not sure any platform actually gives 10bit video output at 2160p. 10bit decoding yes, but not 10bit actual video output. Although the Shield may do actual 10bit 2160p output at 50/60Hz. But that is useless for 24p movies. A Kernel update on AML would be able to fix this going forward I would think.

(2016-05-27, 22:14)noggin Wrote: Yes! DTS-HD MA playing from a 1080/50i DTS-HD MA clip on my C2! Brilliant work people!

Now - PCM 5.1/7.1 next surely! That's the killer thing next - so FLAC5.1/7.1 and AAC 5.1/71. multichannel work without transcoding (and quality loss)
All the LPCM code is sitting there in the v3.14 Kernel. It looks like Kodi needs a few more patches as this is the pertinent signalling code.
https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv.....patch#L52

Trouble is when when Digital passthrough patches are applied , the Audio Channel selector disappears so channels always equals 2.0.
This is the current stumbling block. I'm going to revert so AML code..

This isn't anything to do with the device being described as SP/DIF is it? (I assumed that this was just a label - but SPDIF type devices can only carry 2.0 PCM - so possibly some code is taking the same decisions - removing the channel choice option when it sees the audio device can only carry 2.0?)
wrxtasy - has the new DTS-HD MA version of Libre Elec on the C2 suddenly remapped some keys?

I use an RC6 Media Centre remote on my C2 and GUIDE has always brought up the Codec OSD (same as pressing 'o') - now it has started doing subtitle things (which are normally done by the '*' key on the remote)?

Similarly the Green Media Centre button now appears to bring up the TV EPG on a repeated press - which it used not to do?
The OK button used to bring up the Transport controls and A/V menus - now it toggles Play/pause?

Is this an intentional change - if so it's quite at odds with the way pretty much every other release maps things (and is going to get very old very quickly)
Yes remapped because of the Limited number of buttons on this standard remote (I had to work with a baseline common HK remote)

Easily fixed by putting this remote.xml file:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

In .kodi/userdata/keymaps

(2016-05-28, 20:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes remapped because of the Limited number of buttons on this standard remote (I had to work with a baseline common HK remote)

Easily fixed by putting this remote.xml file:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

In .kodi/userdata/keymaps

OK. That's worked - thanks! Thought I was going mad for a second... Wonder if it is worth doing a change log with new releases? (Or is there a public repo we can see the changes?)

Is there anyway it can be remapped for the HK remote without messing up the standard mappings for other remotes? (Or is it just the MCE RC6 remote I use that gets remapped?)
I believe the C2 does output 32bpp Color, so updated the Kernel today including this interesting patch:
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/comm...e2cbbcf0ae

I not sure but the color ouput may look more saturated.
Went delving into Koying's old 3D MVC Archives today and plugged that in as well, ISO's supported. Appears to be working when looking at the logs.
No 3D TV to test tho. Outputs as Top/Bottom, Half Resolution if I'm not mistaken.

Fixed up 3D scaling in 2160p mode as well.

MySQL users will be happy as an old Davilla aka MrMC aka Sly Ol' Fox patch went in to drag configuration in from the dark ages from using the advancedsettings.xml file to configuration using the much friendlier Kodi GUI (found under services). Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.ISO.MySQL.tar

W. Smile

(2016-05-29, 18:33)wrxtasy Wrote: I believe the C2 does output 32bpp Color, so updated the Kernel today including this interesting patch:
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/comm...e2cbbcf0ae

I not sure but the color ouput may look more saturated.
Went delving into Koying's old 3D MVC Archives today and plugged that in as well, ISO's supported. Appears to be working when looking at the logs.
No 3D TV to test tho. Outputs as Top/Bottom, Half Resolution if I'm not mistaken.

Fixed up 3D scaling in 2160p mode as well.

MySQL users will be happy as an old Davilla aka MrMC aka Sly Ol' Fox patch went in to drag configuration in from the dark ages from using the advancedsettings.xml file to configuration using the much friendlier Kodi GUI (found under services). Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.0.1.3D.MVC.ISO.tar

W. Smile

Thanks wrxtasy for the update! I just loaded this on right now and tried out Ant-Man but it didnt automatically switch my TV into 3D mode. Is there a certain setting I need to enable? Once again thanks for your help. The DTS-HD works perfect now too!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610