• 19(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2016-05-27, 17:56)sagrath Wrote: I'm trying to use this one, but when I start the addon, the screen freezes, my kodi crash.

Your log is stating incorrect username and/or password.Did you enter your credentials ?
Maybe open the addon settings and enter your credentials there to be sure.
(2016-05-27, 13:53)Benna Wrote: Ok marcelveldt, i think i need some more information on how to use this plugin. I managed to get Spotify installed as Music Addon. I've started the addon and the first screen was asking me to insert username, which i did inserting my mail used to login on facebook. Second screen was asking for the password, which i inserted. Then nothing more.

Browser on kodi? No, sorry, and i don't know how to get and why i should Sad
Is there some tutorial to follow?

This addon uses the old libspotify SDK for playback only. The libspotify SDK requires the username and password to login so you'll have to enter those in the addon.

For all other logic, the new Web API is used, which is is an oauth2 authenticated restfull service.
The web api does not need the username and password but requires you to approve the addon within spotify, in technical terms this is called a "grant page"

For this oauth grant you need a webbrowser installed on your system. If you first start the addon it will ask you for your username and password (for the old libspotify part), after that it will launch a webbrowser on your system (if it was found) which shows a page asking you to accept this spotify addon to access your spotify account.

In the future the libspotify SDK will be dropped by spotify and the music playback will also be handled by the webapi.

Long story short, make sure you have a webbrowser installed on your OS
(2016-05-27, 20:54)Jönke Wrote: http://pastebin.com/6eBa4kJn

Hmm, strange. I couldn't reproduce that error on my setup but I've adjusted some code that might solve it for you.
New version 1.0.17 is now uploading to the repo.
(2016-05-27, 13:53)Benna Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 12:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-27, 02:12)Benna Wrote: Does the current version support the "Facebook" Login?
When i execute the login Spotify freez and after 2-3 minutes i get an error.

How do i access to the log?

Do you have a webbrowser installed ?

Facebook login is supported, just insert your FB credentials.

Ok marcelveldt, i think i need some more information on how to use this plugin. I managed to get Spotify installed as Music Addon. I've started the addon and the first screen was asking me to insert username, which i did inserting my mail used to login on facebook. Second screen was asking for the password, which i inserted. Then nothing more.

Browser on kodi? No, sorry, and i don't know how to get and why i should Sad
Is there some tutorial to follow?

Marcelveldt, clan you give me some tip in the above?
I'd really like to use this addon but if I can't login I can't start using this Sad

Sent from my iPhone
This is a great plugin.

I far prefer the look and feel to Spotimc, the icon layout when you look at your playlists is SUPER nice. Big Grin

1 issue, and 1 feature request:

Issue: Surround output doesn't work, I'm only getting output from my front speakers. Full surround works in Spotimc.

Feature request: Spotify connect. Spotimc doesn't have this, and it'd really set your plugin apart if you could implement it.

It would be really useful for me if these things were implemented, because I have no way of making desktop Spotify play with surround sound. But, desktop Spotify is the only way to get Spotify connect. The two together in Kodi would be amazing.
(2016-05-28, 11:24)russco Wrote: Issue: Surround output doesn't work, I'm only getting output from my front speakers. Full surround works in Spotimc.

Feature request: Spotify connect. Spotimc doesn't have this, and it'd really set your plugin apart if you could implement it.

1) Playback is entirely handled by Kodi so has nothing to do with this addon. You should take a look at your kodi settings to get your surround sound going. In my own personal setup I've set my AVR to upmix stereo sources (PCM) to Prologic. You can also play with your soundcard setting.

2) You mean that this addon can be seen as a connect device or the other way around, that this addon can control a connect device ?
From what I've seen so far there is no API support (yet) for spotify connect so I guess wel'll have to wait untill they release the support for that in the new webapi.
(2016-05-28, 11:08)marcelveldt Wrote:

Hmm, strange. I couldn't reproduce that error on my setup but I've adjusted some code that might solve it for you.

Thanks ! That fixed it !
1.0.17 playlist is back Laugh
(2016-05-28, 11:08)marcelveldt Wrote:

I have the same issue. Get the error "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)" My username doesn't contain any non-ascii characters though.

http://pastebin.com/NbZQhgEi
Force update to 1.0.17 ?
That is the current plugin version according to Kodi.
(2016-05-28, 14:53)blaqphoenix Wrote: I have the same issue. Get the error "'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 3: ordinal not in range(128)" My username doesn't contain any non-ascii characters though.

http://pastebin.com/NbZQhgEi

Same issue here when i try with Spotify user "Jönke" I had to use my facebook username without "Ö" to get addon working
Can't play a song.It always freezes.
http://xbmclogs.com/pf5zrjubs

Edit: I'm on kodi 17.1 nightly from 2 days ago
Hello, i try to install your spotify's plugin on a raspberry pi 2 (distro : LibreElec).
On the first launch i have this error :

Code:
17:10:39 339.149628 T:1753912224   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'error' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                Main().main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1058, in main
                                                if self.checkLoginDetails():
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 988, in checkLoginDetails
                                                xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(ADDON_NAME, ADDON.getLocalizedString(11019) + ': ' + error)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'error' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I can´t use!

Put my login e password, e always give a message "bad username or login", but it´s not wrong.

here´s my log

http://pastebin.com/qRPaEZDp

And here another

http://pastebin.com/nUHsYdTg
(2016-05-28, 17:15)ArthurJam Wrote: Hello, i try to install your spotify's plugin on a raspberry pi 2 (distro : LibreElec).
On the first launch i have this error :

Code:
17:10:39 339.149628 T:1753912224   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'error' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                Main().main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 1058, in main
                                                if self.checkLoginDetails():
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.spotify/resources/plugincontent.py", line 988, in checkLoginDetails
                                                xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(ADDON_NAME, ADDON.getLocalizedString(11019) + ': ' + error)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'error' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

You need a webbrowser ! Read page 1 for workaround
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17