• 6(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
Hello,

Great Plugin! Thank you!
I have just reinstalled my Kodi and where happy to see that my watched episodes are marked as watched.
But i have missed some entry. So i have viewed my log and see, that there are many errors logged:

WARNING: service.watchedlist: get_watched_xbmc: xbmc tv showid 7 is not in table xbmc-tvshows. Skipping SingAlarm S01E18
This error i have on 45 lines with 7 series.

I have read this thread und have shown the output of
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows", "params": {"properties": ["title", "imdbnumber"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "title" } }, "id": 1}
Code:
{
imdbnumber: "",
label: "SingAlarm",
title: "SingAlarm",
tvshowid: 7
},
This error is always, when the series has no "imdbnumber"....i have 7 series with no imdbnumber.

What can i do, to work around the error? I cant get an imdbnumber from this series...

Regards
Blondie
watchedlist 1.1.0 now fails to start, throwing an python exception in the kodi log complaining about dropbox. i don't use dropbox, have never configured dropbox within watchedlist and have no interest in doing so. I'm running Kodi 15.1 and won't upgrade because it breaks my PVR/LiveTV.

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/rest.py', 415, 43, ' utf8_params = {encode(k): encode(v) for k, v in params.iteritems()}\n'))
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.watchedlist/manual.py", line 7, in <module>
from service import WatchedList
File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/service.watchedlist/service.py", line 51, in <module>
from dropbox.client import DropboxClient, DropboxOAuth2FlowNoRedirect
File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
from . import client, rest, session
File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/client.py", line 22, in <module>
from .rest import ErrorResponse, RESTClient, params_to_urlencoded
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/rest.py', 415, 43, ' utf8_params = {encode(k): encode(v) for k, v in params.iteritems()}\n'))
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-05-29, 02:41)minsterkermy Wrote: watchedlist 1.1.0 now fails to start, throwing an python exception in the kodi log complaining about dropbox. i don't use dropbox, have never configured dropbox within watchedlist and have no interest in doing so[...]

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you check, if this fix solves the problem on your machine?

Code:
Direct Download: https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-service-watchedlist/archive/testing.zip
Repo: git clone https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-service-watchedlist.git -b testing

And what kind of operating system do you use?
(2016-02-07, 21:03)Blondie Wrote: What can i do, to work around the error? I cant get an imdbnumber from this series...

Sorry for the late reply, I seem to have accidentally disabled email notifications.
I guess the problem is, that your TV scraper did not find an identification number for the series, e.g. because it is not listed in https://thetvdb.com.
You should try to export your video library to separate files.
Then a tvshow.nfo will be created in the main folder of the series.
In your case in this file there should be an empty field
Code:
<id></id>
Try inserting a made-up number in the id-tag (not sure if characters also work) and try scraping the files again to get the changes to the Kodi video library.
Then WatchedList should be able to sync them.
(2016-01-10, 03:11)jeremywho Wrote: I'm trying to use WatchedList to sync the watched state of two Kodi installs, [...]
Can you please tell me if these settings /should/ be working as a way to keep the databases synced (with the obvious 3-hour potential delay)? [...]

Hi @jeremywho, sorry for the late reply.
I just tested the periodic update again on my machines (Windows7/Kodi16.1, Ubuntu14/Kodi16.1, central mySQL database) and it worked with the settings you described.
If it still does not work, could you activate the debug setting in the addon and also activate debug logging in Kodi and then look, if there are any log messages related to periodic start ("next update in 3 hours").
Also the versions of the addon on both machines would be interesting.
(2016-05-29, 10:58)schapplm Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 02:41)minsterkermy Wrote: watchedlist 1.1.0 now fails to start, throwing an python exception in the kodi log complaining about dropbox. i don't use dropbox, have never configured dropbox within watchedlist and have no interest in doing so[...]

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you check, if this fix solves the problem on your machine?

Code:
Direct Download: https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-service-watchedlist/archive/testing.zip
Repo: git clone https://github.com/SchapplM/xbmc-addon-service-watchedlist.git -b testing

And what kind of operating system do you use?

OSX.. 10.10.
with delay time 0 sec nothing happens/is updated
only the information window will appear that it is executed
with delay times >0 sec it works
version 1.0.4 works with delay time 0 sec!

LibreElec v7.0.1 (Jarvis)
Kodi 16.1
Nvidia Shield TV / Android 6.0.0
WatchedList 1.1.0

Upon attempting to install, I get this error:

Code:
07:03:29 T:1495849264   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/rest.py', 415, 43, '    utf8_params = {encode(k): encode(v) for k, v in params.iteritems()}\n'))
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/service.watchedlist/default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from service import WatchedList
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/service.watchedlist/service.py", line 51, in <module>
                                                from dropbox.client import DropboxClient, DropboxOAuth2FlowNoRedirect
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from . import client, rest, session
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/client.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                from .rest import ErrorResponse, RESTClient, params_to_urlencoded
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.dropbox/lib/dropbox/rest.py', 415, 43, '    utf8_params = {encode(k): encode(v) for k, v in params.iteritems()}\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Since the stack trace looked related to the poster above, I tried switching to the package you posted on 2016-05-29.
That worked for me, at least, so you have my vote to push it out as the real 1.1.1.
(2016-06-03, 11:16)enhde Wrote: with delay time 0 sec nothing happens/is updated [...]
Which version of watchedlist are you using?
And could you provide debug logs (as described a few posts above)?
(2016-06-04, 14:41)rodadams Wrote: [...] so you have my vote to push it out as the real 1.1.1.
Done
(2016-06-05, 11:34)schapplm Wrote: Which version of watchedlist are you using?
Quote:And could you provide debug logs (as described a few posts above)?
debug log
Question 
Having some problems; please see below.

Kodi v16.0 (20160220)
Windows 10
WatchedList v1.1.1

1) First, I attempted the Dropbox setup. I enabled Dropbox synchronization. When I clicked on the Dropbox Auth Code field to enter my code, I immediately got the following error (and no input popup window):

Dropbox API Error
Check the log for more information.

The following error message was in the log:

Code:
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:\Users\blang\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.dropbox\dropbox-auth-qr-code.png')

That error is quite concerning. Makes me feel like the add-on wasn't installed properly?? Sure enough, the only folder in my addon_data directory is skin.confluence. Thoughts on that?

2) Since I was originally planning on going the MySQL route, I quickly abandoned the Dropbox option. I configured WatchedList to write to MySQL and it connected and built the tables with no issues. When I manually executed, I got a bunch of "0 watched" notifications. This is the log:

Code:
22:56:25 T:11816  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: WatchedList Database Service starting...
22:57:03 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Update Library Manual Run.
22:57:03 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 0 movies and 0 episodes read from WL.
22:57:03 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: 0 movies and 0 episodes read from Kodi-DB.
22:57:04 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Addon movie database: 0 watched new. 0 updated
22:57:04 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Addon episode database: 0 watched new. 0 updated
22:57:04 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Kodi-movie database: 0 movies marked as watched
22:57:05 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. Kodi-episode database: 0 episodes marked as watched
22:57:05 T:4684  NOTICE: service.watchedlist: Notification. WatchedList: update complete.

I'm currently running a MySQL setup as a shared library (http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL). Is it safe to assume that this is my problem? Does your add-on support exporting watched statuses from a shared MySQL library?

The whole reason why I want to use your add-on is that I want to create a brand new MySQL database library for Kodi. I want to start with a fresh library, but I want to keep my watched statuses (of which there are many). So my plan was to export my watched statuses from the existing MySQL database library, create a new library on my new dedicated SQL server, then import all the watched statuses with your add-on.

Thanks for the help!
(2016-06-09, 07:06)blangsozo Wrote: 1) First, I attempted the Dropbox setup. [...]

Code:
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:\Users\blang\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.dropbox\dropbox-auth-qr-code.png')
One possibility: It was not installed properly. You should install from zip or from the official Kodi addon repository.
Then the dependencies script.module.dropbox and (the sub-dependency script.module.qrcode) are also installed automatically from the official repo.
If you just extract the zip file from service.watchedlist manually into ...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons, then the dependencies are not installed.
Do the folders script.module.qrcode and script.module.dropbox exist in your addons-folder (not: userdata\addon_data)?

Other possibility: There is some error saving the image file to a non-existing folder in the dropbox addon. Could you manually create the folder AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.dropbox and then try again?

If that does not solve it: Could you provide the full error log?

(2016-06-09, 07:06)blangsozo Wrote: 2) Since I was originally planning on going the MySQL route, I quickly abandoned the Dropbox option. I configured WatchedList to write to MySQL and it connected and built the tables with no issues. When I manually executed, I got a bunch of "0 watched" notifications. [...]
The "0 watched" notifications look normal. It seems, that your WatchedList-database is empty (ok, since it is new) and also that you Kodi video library does not contain any watched movies or tv episodes (unlikely if you want to export an existing library).

(2016-06-09, 07:06)blangsozo Wrote: Is it safe to assume that this is my problem? Does your add-on support exporting watched statuses from a shared MySQL library?
I also use this configuration (shared mySQL Kodi database and mySQL WL database). This should work.

You can check, if your Kodi video library contains watched movies and episodes by entering the following in the address line of your browser (while Kodi is running and if you have enabled this):

Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows", "params": {"properties": ["title", "imdbnumber"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "title" } }, "id": 1}
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["title", "year", "imdbnumber", "lastplayed", "playcount"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "title" } }, "id": 1}
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes", "params": {"properties": ["tvshowid", "season", "episode", "playcount", "showtitle", "lastplayed"] }, "id": 1}

This should give you the results for the Kodi video database query, that the WatchedList addon also processes:
Code:
...,{"imdbnumber":"73141","label":"American Dad","title":"American Dad","tvshowid":7}...
Code:
...,{"imdbnumber":"tt2294449","label":"22 Jump Street","lastplayed":"2014-12-13 22:46:05","movieid":945,"playcount":1,"title":"22 Jump Street","year":2014},...
Code:
...,{"episode":9,"episodeid":135,"label":"2x09. Placebo Effect","lastplayed":"2015-12-29 00:59:55","playcount":3,"season":2,"showtitle":"Archer (2009)","tvshowid":10},...

So are there any entries with "playcount":1 in your query outputs?
(2016-06-03, 11:16)enhde Wrote: with delay time 0 sec nothing happens/is updated [...] with delay times >0 sec it works
I was able to reproduce and fix the error:

Code:

I will merge this to the official repo soon.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for your work
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3