• 29(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-05-29, 00:39)Confucio Wrote:
(2016-05-28, 16:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-28, 13:06)Confucio Wrote: I'm getting a "Error creating window handle" while selecting season fanart on some series. Usually ones with a lot of seasons and images.

Log uploaded to pastebin: http://pastebin.com/m9dwqTzj

Also noticed that when scraping TV Shows if the IMDb scrapper is selected the scraping is really slow. Don't know if its a bug or if its due to the IMDb API being slow.

Can't see any useful information to find that bug. Please send me your settings (without the database *.emm) to [email protected].

Yes, IMDB is very slow. There is no free API and we have to parse each webpage (tv show, each season, each episode) to get the data.

Just sent you an email with my Ember settings. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks a lot.

Tested and works for me. But I'm working with an unreleased debug version and maybe that's not exactly the same result like yours. Please wait for the next official Alpha release and test it again.
Will wait. Thanks for looking into it and keep up the awesome work on Ember.
Thumbs Up 
Hi Dan,

How would I go about setting up 2 different profiles with different settings?

Could you also explain how to use the sync function. I have absolutely no idea what settings

to change in Kodi as well as Ember for it to work. I'm sorry, but I don't know where else to look.

Maybe even somebody on the forum with experience can help out. Thanks for a fantastic program.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2016-05-30, 11:12)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

How would I go about setting up 2 different profiles with different settings?

Could you also explain how to use the sync function. I have absolutely no idea what settings

to change in Kodi as well as Ember for it to work. I'm sorry, but I don't know where else to look.

Maybe even somebody on the forum with experience can help out. Thanks for a fantastic program.

I don't know about setting up profiles, but take a look back at my earlier posts (and Dan's replies) about setting up the sync feature.

All the info you'll need, plus screenshots are already there

Smile
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
(2016-05-30, 16:27)calexicoca Wrote: I installed new version of Aplha 1.4.8.0-5-28-16-x86 but now I cannot see any of my TV Shows. The number is correct and when I search for them they all seem to be there but I cannot see them as a list.
It is completely empty. Mind you I updated Alpha at least 3 times and never had a problem like this. Movies and TV sets show fine. Please help.

Lol. Move the splitter to set the size. Positions will be saved while closing Ember.

OMG. I am so ashamed. Can I delete this post?
(2016-05-30, 16:46)calexicoca Wrote: OMG. I am so ashamed. Can I delete this post?

Nope, hehe Tongue
You are not the first with this question ;-)

Thumbs Up 
Dan,

I managed to sort out the sync option with Kodi & it's working beautifully.

Question 1: When I clicked the watched label in Ember it updates to Kodi, but when I watch a tv program

in Kodi until the end, it doesn't update Ember to show that I've watched it. Is this the way it should work?

Question 2: When I scrape a tv show ( especially fanart) with more than 5 seasons it gives the following error "Error Creating Window Handle" & then

exits Ember. I have to start all over. Is this a bug?

Question 3: If I scrape a show with only 1 season it scrapes all of the seasons. Is this correct?Huh

Thanks a bunch
Two things

First, it seems that the image scraping step have changed, for movie it's fine, but for TV series, it completely skip that step and not picture are loaded. I can force the best choice,but if I want to chosse, I have to manually change the specific picture I want to change. It's a bit anoying considering that there migh be many images for a single serie (each season poster, etc.)

Second, when the serie is craped, I can see the screen with all the info properly filled, but when I hit ok, the NFO files are not created. All the info is visible in the software only and if I delete the serie from ember than actualise, the info disapear (instead of takind the info fron the NFO like it use to do). However, for movies it's all good.

Would it be a bug or me that have a wrong setting or not doing the right thing. It used to work just fine.
(2016-05-30, 23:24)JanM201 Wrote: Dan,

I managed to sort out the sync option with Kodi & it's working beautifully.

Question 1: When I clicked the watched label in Ember it updates to Kodi, but when I watch a tv program

in Kodi until the end, it doesn't update Ember to show that I've watched it. Is this the way it should work?

Question 2: When I scrape a tv show ( especially fanart) with more than 5 seasons it gives the following error "Error Creating Window Handle" & then

exits Ember. I have to start all over. Is this a bug?

Question 3: If I scrape a show with only 1 season it scrapes all of the seasons. Is this correct?Huh

Thanks a bunch

1. I think next Alpha will have a new Playcount/Watched State system for the Kodi Interface. The new one works perfect, but you have to manually start the Playcount sync to get new values from Kodi to Ember. Another way is to sync the playcounts from Kodi to Trakt.tv and run the Trakt.tv module in Ember to sync the Watched State.
  2. It's a bug. Another user has the same problem but i can't find the issue. For me it works without any crash.... but it works always for me ;-) The log file has no usefull informations to search the bug.
  3. Yes, all known seasons from scraper will be scraped. In next weeks I add an option to disable that.
(2016-05-30, 23:44)aliceingame Wrote: Two things

First, it seems that the image scraping step have changed, for movie it's fine, but for TV series, it completely skip that step and not picture are loaded. I can force the best choice,but if I want to chosse, I have to manually change the specific picture I want to change. It's a bit anoying considering that there migh be many images for a single serie (each season poster, etc.)

Second, when the serie is craped, I can see the screen with all the info properly filled, but when I hit ok, the NFO files are not created. All the info is visible in the software only and if I delete the serie from ember than actualise, the info disapear (instead of takind the info fron the NFO like it use to do). However, for movies it's all good.

Would it be a bug or me that have a wrong setting or not doing the right thing. It used to work just fine.

1. I don't understand your problem. Yes, there are many image types for a tv show you CAN change... and?
  2. What are your file name settings? Do you have enabled an option for tv show NFO? Any default or manually in expert settings?
(2016-05-31, 01:06)DanCooper Wrote:
  1. I don't understand your problem. Yes, there are many image types for a tv show you CAN change... and?
  2. What are your file name settings? Do you have enabled an option for tv show NFO? Any default or manually in expert settings?

The way I scrape my series is.
Add the file to my selected folder.
Refresh the library. Right click on the new serie and select "re-scrape".
Select the right title and ok. Then it go to the modify serie screen (when I crape a movie, there is the screen to select the images).
Then if I go to the fanart or poster tab, I can scrape the images, but only one at the time and not all the pictures (poster/fanart/...) in one window.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

2. Yeah, found the setting. It might have somehow changed when updating, as I do not remember changing it. You reply helped me find it. Thanks
Thanks for clearing a few things up Dan. Keep up the good workBig Grin
(2016-05-31, 02:41)aliceingame Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 01:06)DanCooper Wrote:

The way I scrape my series is.
Add the file to my selected folder.
Refresh the library. Right click on the new serie and select "re-scrape".
Select the right title and ok. Then it go to the modify serie screen (when I crape a movie, there is the screen to select the images).
Then if I go to the fanart or poster tab, I can scrape the images, but only one at the time and not all the pictures (poster/fanart/...) in one window.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

2. Yeah, found the setting. It might have somehow changed when updating, as I do not remember changing it. You reply helped me find it. Thanks
Check if "Settings => TV Shows => Scraper-Images => Display "Image Select" Dialog while Single Scraping" is enabled.

You always have to check all settings after an update. Atm we don't have a way to enable a default value for a setting if the Settings.xml is still existing.
Could someone please explain how do I setup 2 profiles with different settings for each.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2