• 75(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-06-01, 21:19)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-06-01, 21:09)timstephens24 Wrote: Shutdown from my Harmony would always suspend for me, so I have a Powershell shutdown script in my hotbar, so part of the "shutdown" of the Harmony is to press Win + 8 where I put the script shortcut.

Does your Powershell shutdown script allow to shutdown the device completely with the Harmony remote and wake-up?
Same question as @movie78, and can you share script and instructions? I assume we can teach Hamony remote "Win + 8" by adding MCE remote/keyboard to activity, along w/NUC already there?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
The number key references which position the shortcut is on your taskbar. So his script was the 8th item. For example it's in the 3rd position it would be Win+3. The script is probably using the Stop-Computer command.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...49839.aspx

My taskbar is set up with Win+1 = launch Kodi, Win+2=launch Windows Update. I have just been sleeping with my Harmony but the shutdown script is a good idea. I think I'll go that route to. You need to have both the Media Center Keyboard and the Media Center Keyboard SE added to your Harmony. I think the SE is the one that adds Windows Key functionality.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
(2016-06-01, 21:09)timstephens24 Wrote: Shutdown from my Harmony would always suspend for me, so I have a Powershell shutdown script in my hotbar, so part of the "shutdown" of the Harmony is to press Win + 8 where I put the script shortcut.

Does your Powershell shutdown script allow to shutdown the device completely with the Harmony remote and wake-up?

Yeah it just tells the computer to shutdown, and I've never had a problem with the remote turning it on.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-06-01, 22:21)timstephens24 Wrote:

Yeah it just tells the computer to shutdown, and I've never had a problem with the remote turning it on.

What is the PowerShell shutdown script that you created that auto works with the Harmony remote not the Keyboard?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-06-01, 22:18)Statikk Wrote: The number key references which position the shortcut is on your taskbar. So his script was the 8th item. For example it's in the 3rd position it would be Win+3. The script is probably using the Stop-Computer command.

My taskbar is set up with Win+1 = launch Kodi, Win+2=launch Windows Update. I have just been sleeping with my Harmony but the shutdown script is a good idea. I think I'll go that route to. You need to have both the Media Center Keyboard and the Media Center Keyboard SE added to your Harmony. I think the SE is the one that adds Windows Key functionality.
Based on the page you linked to, for shutting down just local PC, seems all that's needed is this?
Code:
Parameter Set: Default
Stop-Computer

So, do you open Notepad, copy/paste above script and save as what? Then, just pin shortcut to taskbar right? If I add it just before Outlook icon, would that be Win + 1?

BTW, for auto-boot to Kodi, do we even need Launcher4Kodi? Was thinking of just doing this.
My HT
I'm not home and won't be till Saturday, so not 100% sure since I'm more a *nix guy, but I think you can right click on the desktop, go to new, then create shortcut. For the location of the item you can just do (without the quotes) "%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Stop-Computer" then for the name just call it Shutdown or Powershell Shutdown. Then just drag the new shortcut into your taskbar where ever you want it and use that hotkey as an additional command for power-off in Harmony. I think I also added a 3 or 5 second delay after that since sometimes it would hit the script but the script wouldn't really launch and the computer would sleep.

Also I don't use Launcher4Kodi, I just put Kodi in the Startup Folder if I want it to startup on boot. Honestly though I just have it in the first location on the taskbar, and I have the red button on my Harmony mapped to Win + 1 so it will launch it from the remote.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
(2016-06-01, 22:18)Statikk Wrote: My taskbar is set up with Win+1 = launch Kodi, Win+2=launch Windows Update. I have just been sleeping with my Harmony but the shutdown script is a good idea. I think I'll go that route to. You need to have both the Media Center Keyboard and the Media Center Keyboard SE added to your Harmony. I think the SE is the one that adds Windows Key functionality.

Yeah I use the SE mappings.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
(2016-06-01, 22:58)timstephens24 Wrote: I'm not home and won't be till Saturday, so not 100% sure since I'm more a *nix guy, but I think you can right click on the desktop, go to new, then create shortcut. For the location of the item you can just do (without the quotes) "%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Stop-Computer" then for the name just call it Shutdown or Powershell Shutdown. Then just drag the new shortcut into your taskbar where ever you want it and use that hotkey as an additional command for power-off in Harmony. I think I also added a 3 or 5 second delay after that since sometimes it would hit the script but the script wouldn't really launch and the computer would sleep.
Perfect, just tried on my desktop PC and works... thanks!

Here's what I'm using, w/a 3-second delay:
Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Start-Sleep -s 3; Stop-Computer
My HT
(2016-06-01, 23:08)hdmkv Wrote:
[b]timstephens24[/b Wrote:pid='2349756' dateline='1464814736']
I'm not home and won't be till Saturday, so not 100% sure since I'm more a *nix guy, but I think you can right click on the desktop, go to new, then create shortcut. For the location of the item you can just do (without the quotes) "%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Stop-Computer" then for the name just call it Shutdown or Powershell Shutdown. Then just drag the new shortcut into your taskbar where ever you want it and use that hotkey as an additional command for power-off in Harmony. I think I also added a 3 or 5 second delay after that since sometimes it would hit the script but the script wouldn't really launch and the computer would sleep.
Perfect, just tried on my desktop PC and works... thanks!

Here's what I'm using, w/a 3-second delay:
Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Start-Sleep -s 3; Stop-Computer

Works on my main PC,now i have to try it on the NUC with the Harmony..

This the old shortcut the i was using
PHP Code:
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-06-01, 22:18)Statikk Wrote: The number key references which position the shortcut is on your taskbar. So his script was the 8th item. For example it's in the 3rd position it would be Win+3. The script is probably using the Stop-Computer command.

Harmony
Manufacture= Microsoft
Device Model Number = ?
Think you need just this...

New Atom chip-based HTPC by Beelink. Wonder if this can do HD audio bitstreaming? Not worth it if not at its price point. Unboxing video.
My HT
(2016-06-02, 01:30)hdmkv Wrote: Think you need just this...

New Atom chip-based HTPC by Beelink. Wonder if this can do HD audio bitstreaming? Not worth it if not at its price point. Unboxing video.

Where are you seeing Win + 1 in the Harmony Commands settings?
You're ahead of me... I haven't tried programming my Harmony yet. @timstephens24 or @Statikk, any pointers?

It's evening and just relaxing, catching up on recorded TV... this is totally off-topic, but you gotta watch this. Hilarious.
My HT
(2016-06-02, 02:09)hdmkv Wrote: You're ahead of me... I haven't tried programming my Harmony yet. @timstephens24 or @Statikk, any pointers?

It's evening and just relaxing, catching up on recorded TV... this is totally off-topic, but you gotta watch this. Hilarious.

Saw it on Youtube today, it was hilarious and well executed.Cool
Do 'Microsoft' and 'Windows Media Center SE' and add it to the activity.
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10