• 5(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2016-04-22, 17:57)macmpi Wrote: BTW, any chance this power button could give some choice to turn-off or reboot ?
Use the settings Luke.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
got it, thanks.
is this skin made strictly for apple tv or can be used by other platform as android ?thx
(2016-05-28, 21:38)Japgeisha Wrote: is this skin made strictly for apple tv or can be used by other platform as android ?thx
Japgeisha,

while the design language is AppleTV/iOS (that is I try to follow Apple UI design conventions where possible), the skin should be fine on every platform that Kodi is available on. There have been some people in the past who have been tripped up by the Apple way that were not use to some of the UI conventions, but hopefully most people pick them up pretty quickly.

Just for the record I make use of the following ideas to clue the user to what is going on.

Solid blue circle next to a item means new or un-watched. Half circle is partially watched, and no circle is watched.

I'm still adding the following to parts of the skin, but either top of the screen or to the left (depending on if current view scrolls up/down or left/right) there are a series of dots to show that there is additional focusable content that may or may not be visible. The current focus item shows in white, the unfocused content shows as grey. So for example in the video list view, there may be two, three or four dots. The main list view is usually the second dot, the first is the skins screen settings menu (what other skins would call the side or blade menu). So if you were to move left from the main list, the hidden settings menu would display. You can in the main skin settings menus turn off this menu and also control when and if a letterbar and scrollbar are displayed.

The other main convention I have tried to enforce is to show that there is additional content available either off screen or in a dialog or list that the user should scroll to view. Usually this is a small > , but in some cases I have used other ways to try to convey this idea. Mostly these things are a little subtle as I try to keep the display uncluttered, but if you look closely you should spot what is going on.

Most of all I would urge you and anyone else who makes use of the skin to visit the skins settings menus. There is a wealth of customizations available here that it would seem most people don't look at. Out of the box the skin may look a little bland and simple, but there are settings available here that match what is available in the heaviest weight skins. I just choose to ship lightweight for the lower powered systems that Kodi is available on, if you have a fast box load up the settings and you will see what the skin is truly capable of.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

i can not see the link for downloading ?
It is actually in the first post of this thread where it says HERE

The full link is https://github.com/wyrm65/skin.apptv
(2016-06-02, 05:51)OTinley Wrote: It is actually in the first post of this thread where it says HERE

The full link is https://github.com/wyrm65/skin.apptv

While that is correct, the latest stable version should be available in the main Kodi repo in the Addons setting section of the skin.

Big note, skin is NOT available for Kyrpton at this stage. Github version is still for Jarvis and I will not start work on the Kyrpton release until beta for Kyrpton is released.

Wyrm (AppTV)

I run a dual boot Android on Nand and LibreELEC on sd card set up. Using Confluence in LibreELEC I can choose Reboot to nand and after that I am in Android.
Just a reboot from Android I am back in LibreELEC.
I like the function "reboot to nand" in LibreELEC shutdown-menu, but I prefer to use the App TV skin.

Unfortunately the shutdown-option "reboot to nand" is not available with the App TV skin.

I tried a fix using this method below.
I deleted the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> in the AppTV-Skin and copied LibreELEC <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> into in the AppTV-Skin </storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/720p>.

Using the power menu I noticed the reboot to nand option was now there along with all other options.

The issue I have is that the options appear as TEXT without background or tab form if you know what i mean.
Basically Text over the home page (icons is what i use).
They all work but something is missing.

Any thoughts would be great.
(2016-07-11, 10:05)kostaman Wrote: I run a dual boot Android on Nand and LibreELEC on sd card set up. Using Confluence in LibreELEC I can choose Reboot to nand and after that I am in Android.
Just a reboot from Android I am back in LibreELEC.
I like the function "reboot to nand" in LibreELEC shutdown-menu, but I prefer to use the App TV skin.

Unfortunately the shutdown-option "reboot to nand" is not available with the App TV skin.

I tried a fix using this method below.
I deleted the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> in the AppTV-Skin and copied LibreELEC <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> into in the AppTV-Skin </storage/.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence/720p>.

Using the power menu I noticed the reboot to nand option was now there along with all other options.

The issue I have is that the options appear as TEXT without background or tab form if you know what i mean.
Basically Text over the home page (icons is what i use).
They all work but something is missing.

Any thoughts would be great.
kostaman,

first thing is make sure you replace the DialogButtonMenu.xml file from confluence with the original one from AppTV. Next in AppTV go into the skins settings menus and navigate to the "Home Menu" sub menu. Now right at the bottom of that menu (the list of menu options on the left of the screen), navigate to the bottom of the list to the "Quit button action" entry and select it. You can now assign whatever quit action that kodi supports from the selection dialog that is displayed. I'm guessing what you want is Reboot. If that does not work, I'm guessing that you are using a customised version of LibreElec and Confluence, in which case you need to look thru Confluences DialogButtonMenu.xml file and figure out the exact command used in the reboot <onclick> tags. Then you would need to replace that <onclick> in AppTV's corresponding <onclick> and save the file and restart Kodi.

Now the reason you can't just copy a skin file from one skin to another is that each skin supplies its own graphics files. So in the case of a missing background my skin does not have the background file that the Confluence skin file is looking for and so displays nothing.

Hope that helps

Wyrm (AppTV)

Correct its the graphic file being the background for the options list which is lost.
after i replaced the App TV DialogButtonMenu.xml with custom LibreELEC , <DialogButtonMenu.xml>

This file change succeeded in giving me the 5th option Reboot from Nand. Which works
I now have the following options enabled and working

Power off system, Custom shutdown timer, Suspend, Reboot, Reboot from NAND

They are all there as text on my home screen when i choose QUIT Button and they
all work correctly.

Now i have to figure out how to get the graphic image behind the text options as they display over the icons on the home screen.

Gee that took some explaining.

I have to get my head around this.

Love your skin it is the best customisable fastest i have used. Teamed up with Super Favourites Addon
the skin becomes amazing in customising shortcuts all from the home page.
Great job.
http://pastebin.com/cw8uk94S
After a lot of trial and error i created the custom DialogButtonMenu.xml file link above.
I eliminated what i dont need. It works perfect.
"Power off system"
"Reboot"
"Reboot to Nand "
I also know this will break with an update.
I dont know whether you have had requests for Reboot from NAND option to somehow be
an option with this skin ?
I know dual boot Android on Nand / Linux on SD will be a growing preference for people.
Thanks again.
(2016-07-18, 13:39)kostaman Wrote: http://pastebin.com/cw8uk94S
After a lot of trial and error i created the custom DialogButtonMenu.xml file link above.
I eliminated what i dont need. It works perfect.
"Power off system"
"Reboot"
"Reboot to Nand "
I also know this will break with an update.
I dont know whether you have had requests for Reboot from NAND option to somehow be
an option with this skin ?
I know dual boot Android on Nand / Linux on SD will be a growing preference for people.
Thanks again.

Yes I can confim this worked for me using the Xonfluence skin. I just had to change the button-menu-background.png image on line 15 to black-back.png. The box does look a bit over sized but does the job perfectly.

Thanks
Ok, OK, I get the hint. Have just added "Reboot to NAND" to skin on my Github. So this is now part of the skin and Will NOT need to be added each time I update the skin.

Now a gentle shout out for people to help with the next release.

I have made a number of major changes to the skin settings screen (now home menu settings are all visual, so vertical home menu settings shows a vertical home menu, icon home menu settings shows a icon home menu etc.). Could people grab the skin from the Github and take it for a spin and then report any issues that they spot so that skin will be ready for release when the next Kodi beta is released. In all likelihood, this will be the last release for Jarvis, so if you want a relatively bug free release of the skin now is the time to speak up.

Wyrm (AppTV)

i tried to download the skin on two separate devices (macbook air and android tv box) with version jarvis, and on both it says unable to install because of an unmet dependency. if someone could help me out, id really appreciate it. the skin looks great, exactly what I'm looking for....
Got the update today on 2 of my linux boxes and My Mac all running Jarvis 16.1.
In the Settings i have found a bug.
File Manager has disappeared from the list .

Edit: Just read Changelog GIT. Solved
Thanks again
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1