v16 Video Playback stuttering
Hi All

I have been using XBMC/Kodi for years now but just recently i have found that when playing my HD movies i am getting a slight stutter every 20 seconds or so and it has become very frustrating.

For my own sanity i played the same HD movies on VLC player and it was as smooth as a babies bum no stutter what so ever, so i am confident that Kodi is the issue here!

All the settings within Kodi are basically the default, it used to be fine so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

My setup is as follows....

Windows 10 HTPC
Intel i5
16GB RAM
Onboard intel Graphics
HDMI connection to Samsung 46" 1080p 3D TV

Hope this helps look forward to any replies.

Mark
please pastebin a Debug Log
Hi

Apolagies for the fuss - i have sorted this issue now.

As i am streaming my movies from my NAS on my LAN, i restarted my switch and this seemed to have fixed the issue.

Regards,
Mark
Mark, I am having the same issue.. my question is, if VLC plays fine, wouldn't it have been going through the same system?
(I'm having the same issue, hence my question)
(2016-06-04, 20:51)Maximus360 Wrote: Hi All

I have been using XBMC/Kodi for years now but just recently i have found that when playing my HD movies i am getting a slight stutter every 20 seconds or so and it has become very frustrating.

For my own sanity i played the same HD movies on VLC player and it was as smooth as a babies bum no stutter what so ever, so i am confident that Kodi is the issue here!

All the settings within Kodi are basically the default, it used to be fine so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

My setup is as follows....

Windows 10 HTPC
Intel i5
16GB RAM
Onboard intel Graphics
HDMI connection to Samsung 46" 1080p 3D TV

Hope this helps look forward to any replies.

Mark

Try to switch off DXVA2 in Hardware acceleration
Fix the root cause, disabling hw decoding support is for burning the cpu... something the lazy do that can't Post a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I think you guys missed OP's followup? It turned out to be a network issue. The stutter was probably a slight pause for buffering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playback stuttering0