• 47(current)
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
A small update on my CPU usage issue (yes I still see it -- anyone else seeing this at all?):

1. On all three Windows machines (10 and 7) the CPU increases from a few percent to about 25+ during and AFTER playback via flix2kodi.

Note: I commented out the call_script(self, callstr) code and the CPU did NOT go up -- so its something in this area (obvious maybe but I am trying to track it down).

2. If I switch to play music after playing Flix2Kodi, the CPU drops back to a few percent.

Not sure what it is but playing music stops it.
I spent something in the mind that thought it might be an interesting resource for addon .

The addon can add files .strm our kodi library , but it does not check if it is still available on NETFLIX itself. That way , if a movie or show to our library and already are no longer available on netflix , will no longer work , we would have to delete the movie / show manually.

We could have an option where ALL the items available in MY LIST, would be added to a folder selected by the User , where he addon save the .strm files. Thus , if the film / series already are no longer available , or withdraw it manually from My List, the addon remove the strm file automatically.

Thus we would have a unique folder to My List, where we could even use as Widgets ONLY for this items .

Anyone think this a good thing?
I know I asked before but does anyone else get that "Kodi has stopped working" error after a while the browser is playing? It's random for me. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and Kodi 16.1. Next time it happens I can get a log if needed.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2016-05-26, 23:58)jaochoo Wrote: Browing and playback is working for me, but I'm having the following issues during playback:

1. No sounds in Chrome in Windows. I guess this could be due to not booting into explorer.exe, but using kodi.exe as shell instead (using Launcher4Kodi: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798). Any ideas how to get sound working?

2. Harmony remote not working in Chrome, only "ok"-button is working (as pause/play). I at least need to have a way to close Chrome. Any ideas?
Can anyone help?
In the latest version, I can no longer access "My List". On Windows 10, Netflix Canada. Other than that, everything is working as normal.
Hey man, excellent job on the addon, but unfortunately, I'm here to point you to a defect: it seems as though the addon doesn't always successfully extract all of the information from Netflix -> http://imgur.com/jTm49fJ Using Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi Standard 15.2+dfsg1-3ubuntu1, from Netherlands

As you can see, some of the titles show up just fine, but some are messed up pretty bad. As I have no idea how the internals work I can't really test it for myself, but I would guess that there are some variations in the input data, structure or characters that mess up some of the titles. Any pointers on how I can fix this? If you can tell me what files / functions you call to extract the info from the HTML pages, I'd be happy to take a look at it myself (I'm no hero with python, but it never hurts to try, right?)

++Edit++
I forgot to say, but as some pointers:
* noon = Shanghai Noon
* ramaesbuty = American Beauty
* end = I am Legend
* 6 = Big Hero 6
* tche = The Proposal

And one you can't see but is also quite remarkable is:
* omed = 50/50

The remarkable one is remarkable because the genre says "omedy / Drama" (not a typo!) so maybe the text is extracted from the genre, rather than the title itself

++Edit 2++
I've been investigating the issue, but to my knowledge everything is fine and dandy up until I see you stuff data into Kodi elements, after which I am immediately lost. I've been poking around trying to see if I can catch the code somewhere with the malformed text but nowhere to be found and it is quite difficult finding some tutorials on how I can debug UI elements from Kodi itself so I'm not sure what I can do more... If I have some kind of Eureka I'll report back but for now it seems that I'm stuck waiting for the experts to help me out Smile

Some additional info: I am using Eminence as skin, but the same issue occurs when I switch to the default one. I also noticed that there were some "abnormal" chars in the text here and there (like ë and stuff) but as far as I can see they are properly escaped
Lost shows up as Lost Girl on My List. The episode and season count match that of Lost's. Viewing each episode gives me the proper thumbnail and synopsis for each episode (I haven't tried playing one yet to confirm if it will play correctly). A very minor issue, but anyway to fix this?

I've tried removing and adding on Netflix and refreshing Flix2Kodi. I've tried removing and searching via Flix2Kodi, but it actually gives me two results for Lost Girl.
Hello! Would it be possible to dissociate the option "Get cover & fanart images from TMDb"?
I really like the fact that it gets the fanarts, but I prefer much more the thumbs (cover) from Netflix... I wish I could only enable half of this option...

Thanks!
(2016-06-10, 20:09)Moukrea Wrote: Hello! Would it be possible to dissociate the option "Get cover & fanart images from TMDb"?
I really like the fact that it gets the fanarts, but I prefer much more the thumbs (cover) from Netflix... I wish I could only enable half of this option...

Thanks!

just put the option Off... You will see the arts that you already cached, and in some time, this cache will be cleared, and you will see only the thumbs from netflix.
(2016-06-10, 23:43)sagrath Wrote:
(2016-06-10, 20:09)Moukrea Wrote: Hello! Would it be possible to dissociate the option "Get cover & fanart images from TMDb"?

Thanks!

just put the option Off... You will see the arts that you already cached, and in some time, this cache will be cleared, and you will see only the thumbs from netflix.

You can clear the image cache by deleting the textures#.db file. This will cause Kodi to reload all images that previously were cached.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Well alright... That doesn't do the trick really well, I intend to get that result seamlessy, that's why I've asked if we could separate the choice and chose "Get cover images from TMDb" and 'Get fanart images from TMDb" separately! But thanks, I will stick to the TMDb thumbs until I get a better option.

I was also wondering, is it possible to make it open the streams within the Netflix app on Windows rather than the browser version of it? That would be awesome as the browser version doesn't stream 5.1 audio.
All

I recently learned about Kodi and HTPCs in general. Been using an old laptop for a couple of days now as HTPC with Kodi Jarvis on it. Works great up until the point where one would like all TV related stuff on one platform, so that includes Netflix.

After some messing around I have Flix2Kodi running using Iexplorer for Netflix. However, I'm using the Kodi remote app for iPhone to control my HTPC. I don't have/use a keyboard and mouse. It's a HTPC after all and it boots directly into Kodi after loading Windows using Launcher4Kodi (another nice thingie tbh). How do you guys manage to control Netflix on IE using your remote for Kodi? The remote app stops working once Kodi loses focus as it punches up IE on the screen...
I searched previously this thread, however I haven't found any solution to this:
I installed Flix2Kodi v0.6.4 running on an Intel NUC NUC6i3SYH under Windows 10 x64 (all updates installed)
Chrome v51.0.2704.84 32-bit
In the Settings I have my username, password, in General for Browser I selected Chrome and "Show profile selection on each start" because there are 2 different viewers. (The kid account is removed from my Netflix account)
So I login, it asks me which viewer, I select, then it says completed and I get back to the viewer selection and a notification that there was an Flix2Kodi error:

Below the link to the error log:
http://paste2.org/0V2VDgxA
Have I missed anything?
Does it work with 2 user accounts?
Kodi is running as Administrator (The shortcut is set like this)
I saw previously a solution but this was for v0.6.2 and not for the newest one

Cheers
Tom
(2016-06-11, 15:04)Moukrea Wrote: Well alright... That doesn't do the trick really well, I intend to get that result seamlessy, that's why I've asked if we could separate the choice and chose "Get cover images from TMDb" and 'Get fanart images from TMDb" separately! But thanks, I will stick to the TMDb thumbs until I get a better option.

I was also wondering, is it possible to make it open the streams within the Netflix app on Windows rather than the browser version of it? That would be awesome as the browser version doesn't stream 5.1 audio.
+1 for opening streams in the Netflix app! If possible. Though I use IE for Flix2Kodi I thought IE supported 5.1? I know it does 1080p where Chrome and Firefox only do 720p.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
Hi, I'm having issues with this, it seems to not like me logging in, I get a SSLv3 alert handshake failure. any thought, i'd love to get this working.

23:28:02 T:12972 NOTICE: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] parameters: ?mode=relogin
23:28:02 T:12972 ERROR: [plugin.video.flix2kodi] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 85, in <module>
handle_request()
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 77, in handle_request
connect.do_login()
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 233, in do_login
return login.login()
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\login.py", line 23, in login
content = connect.load_netflix_site(generic_utility.main_url + 'Login', new_session=True, login_process=True)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 122, in load_netflix_site
ret, status_code = load_site_internal(url, session, post, netflix=True, options=False)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 211, in load_site_internal
response = session.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=False)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 480, in get
return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 468, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 576, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 447, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
23:28:03 T:12972 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\addon.py", line 90, in <module>
if connect.do_login():
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 233, in do_login
return login.login()
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\login.py", line 23, in login
content = connect.load_netflix_site(generic_utility.main_url + 'Login', new_session=True, login_process=True)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 122, in load_netflix_site
ret, status_code = load_site_internal(url, session, post, netflix=True, options=False)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.flix2kodi\resources\connect.py", line 211, in load_site_internal
response = session.get(url, headers=headers, cookies=cookies, verify=False)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 480, in get
return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 468, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\sessions.py", line 576, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gary Day\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\adapters.py", line 447, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTESConfusedslv3 alert handshake failure
-->End of Python script error report<--
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8