• 31(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Hi Dan,

Could you see any problem in my log?
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
Auto clean database currently isn't cleaning the database when doing an update. Scrape a movie, moved to another folder, update database sees the movies in the new location and shows it correctly, but the original one(s) aren't being removed. Doing a manual clean database works as expected. I'll do another recompile of latest code and report.

*EDIT* Ok, just compiled a new source and same results.
I've got currently quite basic problems and assume that I'm overlooking something.

1. When I try to re-scrape Game of Thrones I get every time a "Out of Memory" message and after this Ember is closing. I can scrape in the same moment the seasons and the episodes without any problem. What can I do and what logfiles can I provide?

2. It's very strange, but when I scrape "The Blacklist" this works on show, seasons and episode level but on show level the tvshow.nfo is not created. Of course I've got write permissions (as the season information and actor files are also created) but what ever I do it doesn't get me to the point where this file is created, what is then base also for Kodi. The structure is as I have it all the time:

The Blacklist (2013)
-Season 1
--The Blacklist s01e01

3. I'm sorry for this basic question but can't find the answer: How can I scrape a show on all levels? At the moment I have to scrape the shows on show, season and episode level to get all data. As far as I've seen when I just scrape the show, then it doesn't get all information I get when I do this on season and episode levels too.
(2016-06-05, 09:48)Blankster Wrote: I've got currently quite basic problems and assume that I'm overlooking something.

1. When I try to re-scrape Game of Thrones I get every time a "Out of Memory" message and after this Ember is closing. I can scrape in the same moment the seasons and the episodes without any problem. What can I do and what logfiles can I provide?

2. It's very strange, but when I scrape "The Blacklist" this works on show, seasons and episode level but on show level the tvshow.nfo is not created. Of course I've got write permissions (as the season information and actor files are also created) but what ever I do it doesn't get me to the point where this file is created, what is then base also for Kodi. The structure is as I have it all the time:

The Blacklist (2013)
-Season 1
--The Blacklist s01e01

3. I'm sorry for this basic question but can't find the answer: How can I scrape a show on all levels? At the moment I have to scrape the shows on show, season and episode level to get all data. As far as I've seen when I just scrape the show, then it doesn't get all information I get when I do this on season and episode levels too.

Just tested with alpha15

1 What I did: removed all artwork and nfos in explorer. Deleted show from Ember DB. Update tv-shows. Scrape on show level.
The show and all 6 seasons scrap fine, it was slow, guessing some of the artwork sites not responding well (I have all 3 active)

2 No idea never seen that, check that you have nfo checked on shows

3 See #1, scraping on show level shall create the show and every season and episode available
T-bird you already helped me a lot! Thanks for investing time for even a test - I highly appreciate it.

I feel incredible stupid, but for some reason the nfo part was really not checked on season and show level (it was for sure in the past and it's maybe because I've started to use the alpha). I've checked the settings countless times and searched the error for hours but overlooked this...

Also the GOT problem is fixed. I think when it can't write the nfo then ember is forced to keep the information in a memory-object which overflows. Since I've enabled it, all mentioned problems are gone.

Thanks a lot again!
(2016-06-05, 03:52)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Auto clean database currently isn't cleaning the database when doing an update. Scrape a movie, moved to another folder, update database sees the movies in the new location and shows it correctly, but the original one(s) aren't being removed. Doing a manual clean database works as expected. I'll do another recompile of latest code and report.

*EDIT* Ok, just compiled a new source and same results.

I take a look at this.
Hi,

What does the setting "Enable click scrape" do?
Did you have a change to look at my log file yet Dan?
Thanks
(2016-06-06, 20:25)JanM201 Wrote: Hi,

What does the setting "Enable click scrape" do?
Did you have a change to look at my log file yet Dan?
Thanks

Nope, I had no time to analyse your log. Maybe tomorrow.

Click scrape enable autoscraping if you click on a item in the media lists, like:

Thanks DanBig Grin
Dan has the trakt.tv manager been replaced by these settings?

The manager still opens up but the only option you can click is the close button, i'd add a log but it shows absolutely nothing
(2016-05-31, 01:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 23:24)JanM201 Wrote: Dan,

I managed to sort out the sync option with Kodi & it's working beautifully.

Question 1: When I clicked the watched label in Ember it updates to Kodi, but when I watch a tv program

in Kodi until the end, it doesn't update Ember to show that I've watched it. Is this the way it should work?

Question 2: When I scrape a tv show ( especially fanart) with more than 5 seasons it gives the following error "Error Creating Window Handle" & then

exits Ember. I have to start all over. Is this a bug?

Question 3: If I scrape a show with only 1 season it scrapes all of the seasons. Is this correct?Huh

Thanks a bunch

1. I think next Alpha will have a new Playcount/Watched State system for the Kodi Interface. The new one works perfect, but you have to manually start the Playcount sync to get new values from Kodi to Ember. Another way is to sync the playcounts from Kodi to Trakt.tv and run the Trakt.tv module in Ember to sync the Watched State.
  2. It's a bug. Another user has the same problem but i can't find the issue. For me it works without any crash.... but it works always for me ;-) The log file has no usefull informations to search the bug.
  3. Yes, all known seasons from scraper will be scraped. In next weeks I add an option to disable that.

Hi Dan,

Could you just explain point 1 a bit clearer. How do I manually start the playcount sync? Also, how do I sync the playcounts from Kodi to Trakt.tv?

Thanks
Hi Dan,

I am getting error when I updated my old version to this one.

Also if we do this pattern for renaming movies

$T {($Y)} $V

Output sample
The Avengers (2012) 3d\The Avengers.bluray

Should the word "3d" not be in capital?
ie. 3D
Great to see the progress and development still being active.

Just gave the alpha a try. Let me report back and with one clarification:

Bug fix - I can change the language with rick-click "change language". However, I cannot change the language when in the "edit movie" menu. When changing in this menu, it does not "stick".

Clarification - I noticed that there is some form of profile now when opening Ember. Does this allow to use two different libraries. For example, I would like to have one library for 2D movies and separately for 3D movies. But not in the same library in EMM. How could I create a separate profile with different movie folders?

Thanks again for the great development!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-06-11, 14:27)steve1977 Wrote: Great to see the progress and development still being active.

Just gave the alpha a try. Let me report back and with one clarification:

Bug fix - I can change the language with rick-click "change language". However, I cannot change the language when in the "edit movie" menu. When changing in this menu, it does not "stick".

Clarification - I noticed that there is some form of profile now when opening Ember. Does this allow to use two different libraries. For example, I would like to have one library for 2D movies and separately for 3D movies. But not in the same library in EMM. How could I create a separate profile with different movie folders?

Thanks again for the great development!
You can not change the language and click rescrape in Edit dialog, you have to confirm the changes with Ok. The reason is that Rescrape ignore all changes and reload the information from database for a new scrape.

Profiles are working very simple: create a new folder in .\Ember Media Manager\Profiles. You can copy single setting XMLs from Default folder if you want. All missing files will be created while first start.
(2016-06-10, 14:47)JanM201 Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 01:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 23:24)JanM201 Wrote: Dan,

I managed to sort out the sync option with Kodi & it's working beautifully.

Question 1: When I clicked the watched label in Ember it updates to Kodi, but when I watch a tv program

in Kodi until the end, it doesn't update Ember to show that I've watched it. Is this the way it should work?

Question 2: When I scrape a tv show ( especially fanart) with more than 5 seasons it gives the following error "Error Creating Window Handle" & then

exits Ember. I have to start all over. Is this a bug?

Question 3: If I scrape a show with only 1 season it scrapes all of the seasons. Is this correct?Huh

Thanks a bunch

1. I think next Alpha will have a new Playcount/Watched State system for the Kodi Interface. The new one works perfect, but you have to manually start the Playcount sync to get new values from Kodi to Ember. Another way is to sync the playcounts from Kodi to Trakt.tv and run the Trakt.tv module in Ember to sync the Watched State.
  2. It's a bug. Another user has the same problem but i can't find the issue. For me it works without any crash.... but it works always for me ;-) The log file has no usefull informations to search the bug.
  3. Yes, all known seasons from scraper will be scraped. In next weeks I add an option to disable that.

Hi Dan,

Could you just explain point 1 a bit clearer. How do I manually start the playcount sync? Also, how do I sync the playcounts from Kodi to Trakt.tv?

Thanks
Please send me your old database to [email protected]
Maybe there is an error on update process that we have to fix. The old database have a lower number that 37 or 38, like MyVideos36.emm
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2